Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anna Rose
      Lady

Like many of us I struggle with makeup and have tried to self teach myself with limited success.  I have started searching on YouTube for tutorials and there are 1000’s.  I would appreciate any guidance that you can provide on where to start and learn both the basic makeup principles and then move to advanced techniques.

Thank you in advance for your replies and help

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Honestly there are SO many that you’ll find 100 different opinions on everything makeup related. Plus, some are more FULL glam drag makeup, and some are more understated.  Frankly I avoid the big to do as I’m trying to blend in with people around me, not show up for a catwalk appearance.

I choose the creators that are trans women showing other trans women how to do “everyday” makeup.

I do this because trans women have the same bone structure issues that we do, and have had to learn later in life like we did.

This is just my humble suggestion, take the time to see what fits YOUR goals dear.

Have fun out there!

xoxo

Rayna

Hi Anna.  I tried watching videos but it was so confusing and pure overload of information.  So I sought out in person help.

You could always go to My Changing room in Boston or Scarlett’s in New Haven and bring all your makeup and learn.  I did the same thing down here and I learned I had the right products but the wrong colors and shade.  I also learned a lot by being in person with someone who is an expert at making gurls like us look beautiful.

Susan

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

One of my favorites is Lisa J, Follow this link.   Lisa J – YouTube 

A some point you might consider going into Sephora or ULTA and get a makeover/ make up lesson.  I think the hands-on experience is immensely beneficial.

I don’t know if this will help you, but I quite like the channel “60 and Me”. It covers all sorts of stuff for older girls like us. There are loads of makeup videos too which I find interesting. The only problem is that it is directed at older women so things like hiding 5 o’clock shadow are not included.

Anna Rose
        Lady

Thxs for the recommendation, I looked briefly at the channel “60 and me” and there is a lot of useful information in addition to the make up tips.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

I looked on youtube also Anna but it got confusing after a while. Your best bet is to go to Ulta or Sephora for a consultation or a full makeover. The girls will give you an idea of not only how to do things but suggest the best colors/shades to use for your particular skin tone.

Anna Rose
        Lady

Thank you, thank you, thank you this is exactly the beginners video I was looking for.  The whole process is laid out in a very informative, but simple video, together with products that should be used.  I realized watching this that the makeup step of transformation is the most important and cannot be rushed if you want a true passable appearance.

Nia also has a great video on body sculpting to transform your figure.

Hugs

Anna

I really like Nia Graham, a trans girl from the UK! She is beautiful, and provides very detailed and honest explanations. Her accent is enchanting, too!! https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKqsWSvlpgBsx6L_BdnCogY6uzbX3MZpC

Anna Rose
        Lady

Thank you so much, I watched the first video last night and this is exactly what I was looking for.  I have booked marked the link and will study in more detail over the weekend.  I also liked that she has great product recommendations that are affordable.

Thank you again.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?