• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Kelly
      Lady

I have been reading lately about a gender identity known as bigender. The classification falls under the transgender umbrella, but is not trans. is not necessarily gender fluid, and sometimes takes in cross dressing.

It is being both genders at the same time, yet presenting male or female at different times. I am not much on labels, yet it’s sometimes comforting to know I am not alone.

What are your thoughts on the “bigender” tag?

Anonymous

That’s a new one. I’m not big on labels either but that one I can live with, I think it would fit a lot of crossdressers. Thanks good topic.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

More labels ….

Honestly there are an awful lot of labels.  Seems to separate us into smaller and smaller groups.  I am in touch with my male side, and sure as hell in touch with my female side.  IIRC, 89%f.  47%m.  So I’m in touch with both.  Aren’t we all to some degree, at least?  That balance of the two, a balance of perspective?

I will label myself:  ” Me “.

C

Kayla,

There is a category in psychology known as  “dual-role transvestite”. This is someone (of either gender) who dresses temporarily in the clothing of the opposite gender to experience what it is like to be or to take the role of the opposite gender. There is no desire for reassignment treatment, and it is not a fetish for clothing as such.

Like many I find the search for labels a little disheartening, still this one seems to fit me!

S

Sylvia
        Lady

Thank you  Simone ,

I have read about this “dual role” online , and for me , this “label” comes very close at how I would define myself !

Love Sylvia.

Anonymous

This is one of those questions where the answer depends entirely on your perspective.  You can be bisexual, certainly; but IMO, bigender would have to be a transient condition, as your gender identity re-aligns.  I present as male to my adult children and grandchildren, and to my church membership, but my gender identity remains T-girl.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Can ” perspective fluid ” be a new label?  ( sorry, another label ).

Anonymous

Stevie,

I’m tempted to say “That depends on your perspective”. LOL.  Mine has changed over time, from closet weirdo to CD to T-girl; but only moves in one direction.

Is it only me who inappropriately reads that word as Big ender?

Sorry – I’m not one for labels either, but certainly, our sisterhood seems to combine the two common genders in terms of behaviours – so the word suits.

Does that mean Drag Queens are also bi-gender?

We don’t see them as men when they are doing their act – even though we know they’re not women.

Or is that another form of transgender (trans meaning “through”)?

These questions are like Madelbrots, or maybe, Russian dolls sometimes!

Love Laura

Anonymous

I enjoy being a woman as often as is practical in my life. Being a woman brings me such utter joy. Unfortunately I must live my day to day life as a man. I am both man and woman. Bi-Gender fits perfectly.
      Bobbi

[postquote quote=358955]

To my way of thinking drag queens would not be bigender. It is a performance art and usually does not represent ones perspective on gender identity. Also, our perceptions from an external perspective don’t apply as it relates to how the person feels about themselves.

Kelly
      Lady

Bobbi,

That’s exactly how I feel.

My bigendered scenario is that there are a male and female persona inhabiting a male body. I am sure that there are bigenders with a male and female persona coexisting in a female body too. But back to me, my bigendered scenario is that when one persona is active, the other is passive or dormant and both personas have enough time active to sustain balance. When one gets more active time than they should, problems can occur. So far since I came to fruition there have not been any big issues. Only small ones. I can go on and on about my bigendered scenario but I will save any more details for anyone who wants them privately.

Kisses…

Anonymous

Interesting, I probably would have described my self as that just a few months ago and possibly I’ll settle there someday. I’m just finding as I come out more that I like being a guy less than I thought. It’s always nice to have options though!

— Abbie 🥰

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Interesting thought. I will have to look into this more.

Hugs, Liara

Nancy
      Lady

Kelly, I went through a phase where I felt like I needed to figure out exactly what label(s) fit me. Now I’m done worrying about that. I’ve been called non-binary by one of my kids, and that’s good enough for me. I am who I am, and I’m ok with that.

Birel

Anonymous

I read that as Big Ender……….

Bigender is OK – a bit like the Two Spirits concept.

Connie

xxx

Anonymous

I love it.

I don’t think it quite fits me today but I probably would’ve answered differently at some point or other, maybe still will.

It’s a good descriptor though, for some…I’m sure.  Those help.

Thumbs up.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?