- May 13, 2021 at 7:19 am #491631Jen ScarletParticipantRegistered On: May 2, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 61Has thanked: 521 timesBeen thanked: 381 times
Do you have a different birthday for your dressed self versus your drab self?
I guess it’s different for those who are transitioning; you are your same self. But for the express cross dressers, does your femme alter ego have a discrete identity beyond a name?
Historically, I’ve never thought about it but finding a superb group like CDH was almost what Facebook would call a ‘Life Event.’ And such a release. So much so I’m thinking of using the date of joining as a separate ‘birthday’ for Jennifer. Any excuse for a celebration, a glass of vino and a spot of self-indulgence!
- May 15, 2021 at 3:22 am #492246Regi KellyPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 1053Has thanked: 11175 timesBeen thanked: 4621 times
- May 15, 2021 at 6:23 am #492278
- May 15, 2021 at 12:35 am #492223stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 157Replies: 2114Has thanked: 3378 timesBeen thanked: 9969 times
Stephanie was born the same day “He” was assigned male at birth (AMAB.) Only she didn’t know herself back then. “He” persuaded her that she was merely a crossdresser, so she was under the radar for many years, and although uneasy about herself didn’t question it.
When she joined CDH back in 2018 and gave herself the name Stephanie the light dawned. She had given herself a female name! What a revelation that was! And so she realised that she had been misled and mistaken about her true gender identity because of her upbringing. What a relief it was! And an awakening – She rose phoenix-like from the drabness of male dominance, shook him off , and consigned him to his box.
CDH is to thank for this awakening – without it she would still be “him.”
Stephanie P ❤
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by stephanie plumb.
- May 14, 2021 at 1:16 pm #492105Sarah Du HessisseLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2020Topics: 24Replies: 573Has thanked: 3690 timesBeen thanked: 2181 times
- May 13, 2021 at 11:05 pm #491931Cynthia DuboisLadyRegistered On: August 17, 2017Topics: 13Replies: 74Has thanked: 74 timesBeen thanked: 354 times
- May 13, 2021 at 11:08 pm #491932Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 34Replies: 1555Has thanked: 9180 timesBeen thanked: 6163 times
- May 13, 2021 at 8:33 pm #491909Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 1779Has thanked: 20801 timesBeen thanked: 5910 times
- May 13, 2021 at 8:04 pm #491896Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1361Has thanked: 3931 timesBeen thanked: 3844 times
- May 13, 2021 at 7:28 pm #491877Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 32Replies: 1040Has thanked: 14557 timesBeen thanked: 3904 times
It’s been less than a year since I discovered Bridgette, and it was somewhere around my actual birthday, so I’ll just keep using it. About 3 months later I found this place and really started growing. Bridgette owes you girls so very much!
- May 13, 2021 at 3:17 pm #491792DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7259 timesBeen thanked: 3941 times
My first birthday will come in November 30th 3 days after my male birthday the 30th is when will be a real woman and transitioned.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Donna.
- May 13, 2021 at 2:41 pm #491784Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 34Replies: 1555Has thanked: 9180 timesBeen thanked: 6163 times
Well I did think about it, but then I thought “Why” I am still the same person, I wasn’t re-born on a different day because I decided to wear lingerie or dresses. I have always gravitated to feminine things, indeed found that I like be feminine more and more as the years go by. But the bottom line is I am still the same person in flesh as I started out as,simply “Me”. I can’t change history so why change my birth date.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Amanda Burton.
- May 13, 2021 at 10:33 am #491715Jessica CharmsLadyRegistered On: May 6, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 26Has thanked: 80 timesBeen thanked: 168 times
Beyond the name yes, for me Jessica is the side of myself that I wish the world could see. Giddy, fun, sweet, kind and loving. The complete polar opposite of what my male self is.
As for birthday, no. Jessica is a part of me, and I am a part of her. Aside from our personalities being different with her being more level headed than me, we have the same birthday, we are the same person after all.
- May 13, 2021 at 9:17 am #491663Trisha Lilly HibbertBaronessRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 39Replies: 706Has thanked: 3201 timesBeen thanked: 2684 times
Hi Jen, for me I class Trisha’s birthday as the day I accepted myself, which just happened to be my legal birthday. So no second birthday for me.
- May 13, 2021 at 8:52 am #491655GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 30Replies: 1342Has thanked: 11452 timesBeen thanked: 5540 times
- May 13, 2021 at 8:51 am #491654Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 21Replies: 2217Has thanked: 4563 timesBeen thanked: 8151 times
And that’s an interesting idea. I try to ignore my drab self’s birthdays (the number is growing too large); so using Bettylou’s instead is a good fresh start. The only problem is, I don’t know her birthday. My awareness of Bettylou crept up on me gradually until one day, I just realized she was there, and had been for some time. And would Bettylou’s birthday be the first time I put on a dress as a kid, or when some compulsion led me to “borrow” one of my wife’s dresses for a short time about six years ago? I don’t know, and I guess it really doesn’t matter; I’m just happy she is here, now.
- May 13, 2021 at 7:51 am #491641Stephanie KennedyPrincessRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 862Has thanked: 5587 timesBeen thanked: 3454 times
Hi Jen As you said any excuse for a celebration. I am not sure where i fit on the spectrum anymore. I started going out when I was a teenager then hid for a couple years then came out again. The crazy world of a CD. I think now that I am a little more mature maybe celebrating the wonderful gift of life and all those lovely emotions we get to feel just accepting who we are as people. I know!! celebrating ACCEPTANCE would be my Birthday. It did not happen when I went to see my therapist I did not believe her when she said voice therapy and HRT would help with my dysphoria. My acceptance came when I joined CDH and found so many others that are and have been dealing with the same issue. Maybe the day I joined CDH is my new second birth day. Those who are transitioning also have a second birthday. The day they decided to live their life as the person they always thought they were. I did not remember my first birthday but you always remember your second. Thank you for your post.
- May 13, 2021 at 7:47 am #491637AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 3Replies: 67Has thanked: 247 timesBeen thanked: 347 times
Very fun, Jen. I don’t have a separate birthday for Kate per se, but that part of me definitely has a bit of a different, if not identity, let’s say way of being lol. When the Kate switch is flipped I find my point of view and way of expressing myself to be different.
Good topic! Hope you enjoy whatever day you pick xoxo.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.