Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I have been madly keen on tights/ pantyhose since I was a young kid.I love natural/ nude and multicolured ones but my all time favourites are black opaque in 40 or 60 denier.I didn’t get to wear them until my early twenties.It was the holy grail of hosiery.I used to envy all the girls of my age who wore them.I didn’t understand denier then and didn’t know which black tights to purchase in stores.My first ever hosiery purchase was in my local branch of Woolworths.I mistakenly bought a pair of thin fifteen denier ones.I was disaapointed at the results.

I  eventually gained more knowledge through plucking up courage to ask the Sales Assistants about the thickest black tights avaiable.Once I did that I was in seventh heaven when I eventually had the rigbt ones.I find them to be warm and immensly girly and gives me the office girl look that I have desired for so long.Apart from tbe comfort aspect a decent pair can be more  durable than a fifteen denier pair in natural.I  have a pair of black opaques on today underneath my checkered  belted skirt and I can tell you that Roberta is feeling very warm and girly.

Anonymous

Hi, now much cooler weather gives me (a closet dresser) greater opportunity to wear pairs when out and about under my jeans so allowing me to dress longer during the day than just at night. Opaques feel so lovely

Hi Roberta

I do love a pair of tights, but I can’t get enough of sheer gloss hold ups.  I am wearing a black pair now with my new heels. I do find tights more practical and you can wear a short skirt without flashing your stocking tops.

X

Jennifer

Anonymous

[postquote quote=393500]
      Hi Jennifer.I have a couple of hold up stockings in nearly black.I haven’t worn them in a while.I do like them though.I have seen your public photos you look great in stockingsxx

Hi Roberta

Thank you for the compliment and your love of tights.  I have just bought a lovely pair of thick black tights.  I if I get a chance I would love to post a new picture wearing them.

X

Jennifer

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

You “northerners” are just going into winter, down here, we are coming out of it.

So whenever its cold enough, I wear heavy duty tights 24/7. (I have arthritic knees, so keeping them warm is a must).

We dont go below freezing here in Victoria, (well up in the mountains excepted). But when we dont get much above 10-12’c on a cold day and I have lovely warm tights on under my jeans, it makes me wonder why both genders dont wear tights on cold days. EG My beloved stopped wearing panty hose when she retired years ago and complains about having cold legs….

It’s also very “femme” when “going to the ladies”. As it is a must to pull down your tights and panties and sit…..Standing is possible, but very very awkward

Caty

I love black tight also my favorite are target brand and super opaque tight they are total black outz.I wear black opaque tights in male mode under my jeans for warmth

Seren
      Baroness

Oh yeah! I am particularly fond of the black merino tights I have, and I’m after some more, maybe brown and raspberry???

I also like my merino hold ups…

Seren xx

Tights are a mainstay stable in my wardrobe.  I have both black and beige/nude coloured ones.

I simply love tights, they are more resistant to runs than pantyhose, and hides my hairy legs.

I usually buy them from Walmart/Target, and they must be at least 70 den.  The ones from Target are 100 den, so it is nice and opaque.

I find wearing 2 pairs of tights does a decent job of keeping the silicone hip/butt pads in place.

Tights are wonderful on a cold day and love wearing them with a sweater dress or oversized blouses as casual wear.

Sutekina
      Lady

For regular tights, look for polyamide. It’s soft durable and stretchy. I prefer it over nylon.

But another material I think will change your mind about everything you thought you knew is “ice silk”. You’ll find it on eBay or AliExpress. You’ll find it on Amazon but it will be more expensive.

Misha Monroe
      Duchess

I like the feel of pantyhose, too,  but Im hooked on garters (pardon the pun), so for me it’s thigh highs.  And I prefer opaque  – the legs are shapely, but if Im wearing sheers, I need to spend time with full coverage concealer for the collection of scars and discolourations thanks to years of bicycling.  The problem is, it’s hard to find good opaque thigh highs in non silicone lace tops.

Girl, I’m right there with you. Thigh highs and garters are a dream to wear. I’m starting to branch out but these are still my fav. I also have plenty of scars to conceal. I mountain bike and ride with flats. Between getting bitten by the flats and the gnarly crashes, I have a good collection of memories on my legs.

Anonymous

Black tights are a go-to for me pretty much all winter under my pants, especially on the really cold days!

Check out MeMoi sweater tights on amazon.  Colors and patterns are to die for, and the larger sizes fit taller folks great!  I wore a pair of black sweater tights with red & grey argyle pattern in drab under running shorts for a 5k in the fall once.  Everyone loved them!  Super comfy.

Bee Dee
      Lady

Hi, I love any kind of stockings. They’re not as practical as tights, which I also like and wear. I have black and tan/nude, most are opaque but I ike my 40 den black tights from Savers. They do keep me warm and snug. I have on my 10 den black mat hold up stockings from Supperdrug at the moment, first time on and they feel good, so I’m happy with them. I’m good with budgets but I try to keep costs down.

I’m just starting to expand my wardrobe. Coincidentally, I have my first pair of black 60 denier tights arriving in two days. I’m sooooo excited!

Anonymous

I adore tights!! They’re an everyday wear for me!!! I don’t think there’s any one item more fem representative …than tights. 🙂

Thankyou!

I agree 100%.  I have been fond of tights and pantyhose forever.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I’ve been wearing pantyhose since I was 4. I soon learned tan sheer to waist was my favorite. When I began buying my own at 13, that was all I bought. When I was 18 and went fully en femme, I bought a lot of tan sheer to waist pantyhose, but from time to time, I thought I could improve my overall look and coordinate my outfit more completely if I wore something more color coordinating.

I was pretty much always about showing off legs. Shiny, tan sheer to waist with sexy stilettos and very short dress was best for this. But there was times I thought I could look better overall if I wore different hosiery. I found black opaque tights often gave me that look.

Although I wear tan pantyhose the most by far, black opaque tights are my second favorite.

I wear a skirt and pantyhose every day at work. Until recently, it’s been sheer nude hose, to keep from being too conspicuous. However, I’m becoming bolder by the day, and have decided that, if my coworkers and the general public are going to see me wearing a skirt, they deserve to see me wearing cute, colored hose as well.

With the weather getting colder by the day, I’ve realized that sheer pantyhose aren’t going to cut it, so I ordered some thick tights from Amazon, first in nude, just to ease everyone into it.

One pair I bought, called Silky Toes microfiber tights, in the shade “nude,” are my current obsession. I’m wearing them right now! They’re super soft, really stretchy, thick, warm and just plain yummy. The only problem with them? They’re too nude. Pale would be a good word for it. You can obviously see that I’m wearing tights (as if the skirt wasn’t a dead giveaway). However, as I mentioned, I’m getting bolder by the day, so I decided to wear them today.

Yesterday I ordered another pair of opaque tights (yes, I have an addiction!), this time in dark gray. They’ll arrive in my mailbox tomorrow, and you can bet I’ll be wearing them to work at least one day this week.

So…to sum up, I agree that opaque tights are absolutely wonderful! But I’m anxious to dive in to all the different colors and patterns!

Samantha Joan
      Hostess

Hey Roberta

Thank you for posting.

A girl after my own heart!

I can still remember buying first pair of tights, so nervous, like the whole world was watching.

You do find me with a pair of opaques underneath the jeans today. I find tights the ultimate fashion accessory, whether it be sheer or opaque, probably explains why I have so many skirts and dresses.

Winter is my favourite time of the year for dressing, so tights play an important part of the whole look. I do own a few pairs of stockings but not a lot of occasions to wear. For a recommendation, Primark have a range of sheer to waist glossy tights that are as smooth as glass when on.

Hugs

Samantha x x

Anonymous

I adore opaque tights. I love wearing tights anyway but opaques are my absolute fave. I love wearing 100 denier opaques with lycra. One of my fave colours is purple and I have a gorgeous grey pair. I also can’t resist navy opaques.

Just love hosiery on freshly shaved legs. I have all designers styles as well as fishnets and fencepost. More recently I am now in tights because of the warmth and feel of lycra Black tights go with anything and feel and look fantastic.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?