Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Because of my eyesight (don’t have contacts), I have a very difficult time applying my eye makeup. I was wondering if anyone had heard of any solutions for such a dilemma? Are there such things as half glasses where you could see with one eye to apply makeup to the other one? It would be especially useful when applying false eyelashes.

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Lisa   very good question.  as many of us being somewhat older we  do face this inconvenience. To me I don’t really have an answer but I hope someone will Enlighten us. I myself have it even more difficulty as in the last year or so I did actually lose one of my eyes from a contributing amount of issues so applying makeup is a task needless to say. My wife thank god is there to help but I’m slowly learnings as I don’t want to depend on her all the time. So if any one has any advice, Lisa and myself would love to hear from you’s. 🌹

I would like some tips also, because I’m legally blind.

Hi girls!  I just saw in one of the womens magazines and I forget which one….Glamour, Vogue, Elle, Bazzar or Marie Claire..(US) the there are glasses available now that swivel upwards in either left or right side, so you can see thru one eye while moving partner lens out of way to do other eye and visa versa.!!!!  So many of us have this issue as we age….the solution is here. Try the Hearst publishing web or go to individual magazine sites  under free newsletter to find. I have to go back and check it out.

Lady Veronica

I found something called “Makeup Glasses” on wish.com for just $3 and I’m going try those out. They are available in magnifications from 2x to 4x. I’m going to try 4x and if that is too much it isn’t too much more to buy another pair. Each lens can be swung out of the way when you are working on that eye.

There is another simple thing you can do.  Buy a magnifying mirror,  the come in various magnifications

Sandy D
      Lady

Lisa, Jenna is right.  Get yourself a magnifying mirror.

I do have a magnifying makeup mirror but I don’t think it is big enough nor lit well enough. I’ll have to be on the lookout for a better one.

I have a similar issue. Im nearsighted and wear contacts for distance. But, since I’m in my 50s, I also need reading glasses for close up objects. (Getting older sucks!) So. I have a really hard time with makeup. Recently, my mother went out of town to see my brother. Since she lives across the street from me, and I still have 2 kids at home, I went over to her place to dress. She has a magnified makeup mirror. WHAT A REVELATION!! suddenly, I could SEE what I was doing!!:I need to get one myself!!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?