- September 5, 2020 at 2:00 pm #381213Brenda HunterParticipantRegistered On: August 28, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 8Has thanked: 14 timesBeen thanked: 63 times
Has anyone used Nair to remove hair on their arms, chest, and back? If so, how did it work? I could shave my front and arms if I had to, but my back is a problem. I like the iidea of having my back waxed.
- September 6, 2020 at 8:30 am #381381Celeste StarreParticipantRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 25Replies: 565Has thanked: 141 timesBeen thanked: 1468 times
I’ve used nair before and it worked fine but I expect it would be hard to spread evenly on your back. There is an electric shaver called the Mangroomer that is easy to use to shave your back and does a good job.
- September 6, 2020 at 7:58 am #381372Alana TealParticipantRegistered On: June 9, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 16Has thanked: 99 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
I have not tried Nair. I do shave my armpits. FFor the waist down I’ve been waxing. Full Brazillian and legs and feet. We are fortunate here in Southern CA, we have a lovely salon in Carlsbad that caters to men. However, I did enjoy when my aesthetician was working in a women’s salon. It added to the experience. I now enjoy our ‘girl talk’ during the appointments.
- September 6, 2020 at 4:55 am #381333Jenny JonesParticipantRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 105Has thanked: 97 timesBeen thanked: 363 times
I’ve waxed, shaved, and used Nair. The pros of Nair is that it usually fairly complete and quick. It usually doesn’t miss many hairs if you let it set, it takes like three minutes of application, five minutes of it setting and then a shower. I like it for the speed, but…there are cons.
It can leave a minor irritating burn to your skin. Not terrible, but enough where if you go back to certain fabrics it can really irritate the bare skin. The smell is also fairly obnoxious and it can linger, both on your skin and in the bathroom. I also don’t think it lasts that long, I usually have hair growing back within a day or so.
- September 6, 2020 at 3:56 am #381318Stevie SteinerParticipantRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 24Replies: 541Has thanked: 2345 timesBeen thanked: 2552 times
I have been using Nair for a while now, and have not suffered any rash or burning. A bit of redness occasionally but that quickly fades. Works wonders on my legs and chest. Although as stated, watch the nipples!
- September 6, 2020 at 3:28 am #381312Stephanie KennedyParticipantRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 604Has thanked: 3758 timesBeen thanked: 2200 times
Hi Brenda I stay with the old variable’s waxing and shaving. Chemical burning of hair follicles does work but can a bit smelly. Just make sure there is no allergic reaction to the chemicals. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize after any hair removal you want the skin to be soft when the new hair starts to grow back. Just another one of those things our cis sisters do that only gets noticed when they don’t do it.
- September 5, 2020 at 11:01 pm #381295CarriParticipantRegistered On: September 2, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 25Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 76 times
Nair caused burns on my skin, it only weakens the hair on the surface and causes it to break off.
Tweeze, wax, epilate, or shave it down. Pulling hair with tweezers is tedious work but I have found the hair takes me a few months to come back. If only could kill the folical.
- September 5, 2020 at 9:14 pm #381272Alison AndersonParticipantRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 317Has thanked: 152 timesBeen thanked: 1123 times
I have used Nair, but I find the results don’t last that much more than shaving. I also have to touch up some areas where the Nair did not work.
If you are going to use Nair, make sure to put Vasoline (or other brand of petroleum jelly) on sensitive areas. The Nair will quickly burn the nipples and aureolas. I also put it down below on the sensitive areas in my groin so that my upper thighs don’t accidentally touch there and cause burns. Same goes with the butt hole if you are going to use it between your cheeks.
I now only use Nair on my waist to thighs, and only when I need to be super smooth. Otherwise I will shave there. The rest of me I wax. (The place I go will not give a Brazilian to men.)
- September 5, 2020 at 8:06 pm #381266Emily AltParticipantRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 273Has thanked: 232 timesBeen thanked: 1118 times
I tried Nair once. The smell was terrible and I got a rash. Went back to shaving. I used an epilator for a few years with good results. I started laser late last year. Things were going well until my clinic closed because of the pandemic. I bought a home IPL device a few months ago. It’s worked amazingly well. I’m almost completely hair free. It should last the better part of a year before I need a touch up. I never tried waxing but I know it works. Results are usually good for a few weeks.
- September 5, 2020 at 7:49 pm #381261AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 32Has thanked: 14 timesBeen thanked: 121 times
I’ve used Nair and gotten good results.
- September 5, 2020 at 7:47 pm #381260Stephanie BassParticipantRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 741Has thanked: 6224 timesBeen thanked: 2202 times
Hi Brenda nice to meet you and i use Nair many times with very good results in all areas but a little confession my very supportive wife helps with back 99% of time she helps a lot With Stephanies body grooming as i need help there 1 bad shoulder can swing it back even to fasten my bra have to use the spin method lol .
- September 5, 2020 at 5:56 pm #381252K SwimParticipantRegistered On: July 8, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 617Has thanked: 308 timesBeen thanked: 1126 times
I’ve used Nair many times. Yes, not leaving it on long enough will leave hairs and leaving it on too long will start to burn. But the end result is worth it. Using Nair on my back is still difficult. Hard to apply and hard to clean off.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- September 5, 2020 at 3:38 pm #381235
- September 5, 2020 at 3:21 pm #381233
- September 5, 2020 at 3:20 pm #381230Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 299Has thanked: 1753 timesBeen thanked: 1409 times
- September 5, 2020 at 3:20 pm #381229Brenda HunterParticipantRegistered On: August 28, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 8Has thanked: 14 timesBeen thanked: 63 times
- September 5, 2020 at 4:20 pm #381243
- September 5, 2020 at 2:37 pm #381218AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 182Has thanked: 1493 timesBeen thanked: 628 times
I cannot say anything about Nair.
A local wax shop by me does men’s and ladies waxing. Hands, feet, arms, ears, legs, back, chest, butt, etc.
I get a full body waxing. Its a priority wax they use. No strips are used. There are skin conditioners and ingrown hair fighters in the wax. Lasts 3 to 4 weeks.
They do an amazing job. No more razor shaves. Except for my face.
Waxing is the way to go…
- September 5, 2020 at 2:19 pm #381215Tiff AnyParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 820Has thanked: 2359 timesBeen thanked: 1980 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.