- August 5, 2019 at 10:34 am #204421AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 117Has thanked: 495 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
Need advice. I am naturally very hairy….all over! So I tried Veet dipilitory and got it all off but broke out. Then I’ve maintained it by shaving and I break out still!!! What to do?
I love the feeling of being smooth and want the hair gone! So how long will I continue to break out? I put on aloe skin care lotion regularly but end up breaking out anyway!
Going to my hairstylist and makeup girlfriend today and I will be discussing with her but would love to hear some advice from girls who have been there!
- August 25, 2020 at 12:46 am #377417Tiff AnyParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 820Has thanked: 2359 timesBeen thanked: 1981 times
I’ve had great results with Marzena depilatory cream 💐💐 Tiff
- August 21, 2020 at 1:20 am #376218Jaimie SpykerParticipantRegistered On: August 21, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 4Has thanked: 10 timesBeen thanked: 17 times
I’m hairy too! Like she said ^nair is your best friend. Waxing looks amazing and I still do it but OMG it’s painful.
- August 4, 2020 at 12:36 pm #370564
- July 3, 2020 at 4:21 am #360253
- June 24, 2020 at 1:28 am #357632Cara MasonParticipantRegistered On: March 24, 2020Topics: 30Replies: 26Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 218 times
I find the chore of shaving my arms and chest and face daily a pain
- June 23, 2020 at 4:07 pm #357519Anita SkyParticipantRegistered On: May 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 13Has thanked: 211 timesBeen thanked: 97 times
I aways shave every few days , i use a female razor and shaving gel and use femfresh afterwards to wash the areas i get shaving bumps i no longer get any bumps. I tried hair removal creams like veet but they burn my skin . When i shave my legs ,butt and chest i just take my time and enjoy the feeling of being feminine and always use a moisturiser afterwards. I know shaving is not for everyone.
- May 5, 2020 at 7:57 pm #341234SutekinaParticipantRegistered On: January 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 59Has thanked: 1068 timesBeen thanked: 163 times
#1 Laser – lasts longest, most expensive
#2 Wax – shop around and negotiate; wax is $100+ a pop, but if they think you will be a long-term customer, they will work with you; stay away from the salons in malls; they have high rent. Find a shop in a strip mall. Lower rent means lower fees, but not necessarily lower quality.
#3 Shave – comes back thicker and sometimes a pain the butt
#4 Nair – this is last because it’s an invasive cream you are putting on your skin.
I recommend waxing because when done properly, you’ll do it about 6-8 times a year for two or three years and then when you hair has thinned out enough, you can get away with just twice a year.
- May 5, 2020 at 4:06 am #341031Cara MasonParticipantRegistered On: March 24, 2020Topics: 30Replies: 26Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 218 times
Hi ladies try a bak blade for your hairy backs
1 user thanked author for this post.
- April 27, 2020 at 2:06 pm #339128
- March 25, 2020 at 1:51 pm #328921Kayla KrossParticipantRegistered On: March 25, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 2Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 14 times
I have very light body hair and don’t often need to shave. But from the waist to the knees (i don’t shave below the knee), I do need to shave the back of my legs and some of my bum. What do you girls do to prevent the irritation when it seems be be growing back the very next day and now you have stubble on the back of your legs and bum? It can be very uncomfortable and its plain out annoying considering I hardly have hair back there in the first place.
- March 24, 2020 at 7:48 am #328499Cara MasonParticipantRegistered On: March 24, 2020Topics: 30Replies: 26Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 218 times
i am also a hairy guy i started by using hair remover for men then i shave my arms legs and chest every two days
- March 5, 2020 at 2:52 am #323647patty williamsParticipantRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 62Replies: 1130Has thanked: 1749 timesBeen thanked: 3669 times
My wife makes a sugar wax from (honey ,sugar and lemon juice you heat and cool)
It is not as strong as regular wax but you can use it over and over and over working it into a ball and then reapplying, pulling as much hair as you want until it just gets too unworkable.
It doesn’t pull all the hair in an area on one application.
It takes many applications with the same wax.
sometimes humidity make sit get unworkable pretty quick and its a science for my wife.
I have used it mainly on my chest belly and private areas but the last time I did my lower legs.
It hurts like heck at first but as you keep pulling hair you get used to it and it really looks good.
- February 11, 2020 at 10:38 pm #275175Emily AltParticipantRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 273Has thanked: 232 timesBeen thanked: 1122 times
I never waxed. I shaved for a while, but got tired of doing it every few days. So I switched to an epilator. That works well and I stayed smooth for 2-3 weeks. But I got tired of epilating too and decided to get laser hair removal. It lasts for years and it’s cheaper than waxing in the long run. I’ve had 3 sessions so far. Some areas are hair free and other areas will need a few more sessions. Traditional hair removal is a huge time suck, and that’s what drove me to laser. I have better things to do with my time – like dress!
- February 11, 2020 at 10:20 pm #275174Molly LaceParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 85Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 289 times
I have never waxed. I just shave. This week I did my whole body. In the past I didn’t like the results but after doing a little reading I changed they way shave. Now I use a trimmer to take most of the hair off. Then I use a new mens razor and shave with shaving cream for my legs, chest, and everywhere else. I finish with using baby oil to shave the bits I want absolutely smooth. In this last step I shave slowly and against the grain. I finish with baby oil and lotion.
The results are great.
- February 11, 2020 at 8:14 pm #275156Michelle BrownParticipantRegistered On: August 23, 2015Topics: 2Replies: 60Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 138 times
I,Too use Nair,but please remember to moisturize .I have my brows waxed every two weeks at the salon and they look great.
- August 6, 2019 at 5:48 pm #204784Sa•man•thaFounderRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 261Replies: 1395Has thanked: 6019 timesBeen thanked: 4833 times
Haha I Nair’d my face one time, it was lousy. Hahaha
Mostly on my body I’ve taken to using an epilator, especially on my torso. Still prefer a razor for my legs.
For my back I took about a 2′ length of 3/8″ annealed copper, bent it into a gentle 90° or so arc, and zip tied a razor to one end. I can reach most of the way across my back with this contraption.
If you break out, you need to moisturize your skin. After showering but before you dry off rub some baby oil on there, or else pat dry and rub some lotion. It rubs the lotion on the skin yea? Lol. Doesn’t even have to be super expensive lotion, just something that moisturizes.
- August 6, 2019 at 5:00 pm #204778Davida MaeParticipantRegistered On: January 14, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 208Has thanked: 134 timesBeen thanked: 372 times
I use an electric body shaver. I also use a razor extension holder with it for my whole backside area. That way I can do it by myself whenever I’m inclined to. I use that same razor for chest, belly, legs and arms. Then use disposables for a closer clean up. Trimming & Landscaping, like the rest is easier to maintain than the initial work. I have noticed … shave like a Lady and not like a Brute … Treat yourself gentle like a delicate piece of art and your canvas may respond and display itself as such. The whole process draws out the feeling of femininity for me. Be kind to yourself
- This reply was modified 1 year ago by Davida Mae.
- August 6, 2019 at 5:20 pm #204781AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 117Has thanked: 495 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
Thanks Davida! Just did that! Feeling girly! Wish I could dress en femme now!
- August 5, 2019 at 2:33 pm #204498K SwimParticipantRegistered On: July 8, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 617Has thanked: 308 timesBeen thanked: 1126 times
I spread Nair all over myself a couple times before. Since then, I’ve learned to do it slower and only a little at a time. One leg, the other, front side, back, private parts….maybe not in that order, but only one at a time.
- August 5, 2019 at 12:34 pm #204461Ginger FulbriteParticipantRegistered On: August 5, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 2 times
I understand your frustration. I find I must shave daily to feel smooth and feminine. I used a shave cream especially for sensitive skin and I use the top of the line Gillette razor. I have tried all the cheap disposables but I find that is what gives me the best results. If I break out or get bumps then I refrain from shaving until I can again. I was told that shaving your legs and private ares should be done with patience and care until you are competent at it and your skin gets used to it. Also everyone hair is different and will change as you age.
- August 5, 2019 at 12:58 pm #204476InactiveRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 117Has thanked: 495 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
- August 5, 2019 at 11:52 am #204451AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 4Replies: 499Has thanked: 1506 timesBeen thanked: 709 times
I actually had laser treatments on my chest, back and face a few years ago. Only was successful removing most of the darker hairs, light ones and gray hairs will generally not succumb to laser treatments. Currently, I am shaving but actually have a consultation on 8-13, to discuss electrolysis on my face. I would love to not have facial hair, but not sure I will have the treatments, just going for a consultation. I will let you know what I find out.
- August 5, 2019 at 11:57 am #204452InactiveRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 117Has thanked: 495 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
Thanks Michelle! Very interested in hearing what you find out and think about it!
How long did you break out from shaving? Or did you at all?
- August 5, 2019 at 12:04 pm #204453AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 4Replies: 499Has thanked: 1506 timesBeen thanked: 709 times
I have never broken out from shaving, however some of the depilatory creams caused me to break out, that’s why I shave now. The laser treatments eliminated most of my back hair, mostly black. My wife shaves it for me, I am still in closet, but she does because I tell her I do not like the hair. I will let you know about the electrolysis.
- August 5, 2019 at 12:09 pm #204455InactiveRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 117Has thanked: 495 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
So I’m either too sensitive or doing something wrong when I shave!?
- August 5, 2019 at 12:06 pm #204454InactiveRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 117Has thanked: 495 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
Same here about the back hair and wife doing it for me!!! Lol
- August 5, 2019 at 2:49 pm #204501AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 4Replies: 499Has thanked: 1506 timesBeen thanked: 709 times
I read a good tip on here a couple of weeks ago. Use hair conditioner instead of shaving cream, person said it made for a smoother shave and also left skin very smooth. I have tried that on my chest and seems to work. Hope you get some smoother, irritation free shaves.
- August 5, 2019 at 5:24 pm #204552InactiveRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 117Has thanked: 495 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
I will try the conditioner idea!
Just got back from hairstylist friend and I showed her the breakouts. She said I have ingrown hairs from shaving and using too hot water afterwards. Suggested using cold water afterwards.
we are discussing laser hair removal on my back and chest. She said it takes about three treatments as hair grows in stages and it takes at least three times to catch all the stages. I’m going to try it in a few weeks. She said have it done about 3 to 4 weeks apart.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.