• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Lea
      Lady

I recently watched the movie Bohemian Rhapsody, a movie about the band Queen, centered around the lead singer Freddie Mercury. I was surprised to learn that Mercury experimented with crossdressing fashion for his outfits. I even read that he once even crossdressed Princess Di as a male model to sneak her into a gay bar, where she had a night out just being an ordinary person. He was an extraordinary person, and the movie was amazing!

• This topic was modified 5 years ago by Lea.
      • This topic was modified 5 years ago by Lea.
      Anonymous

One of my favorites Freddie Mercury..

Lisa

Freddie was a real flamboyant showman, gender fluid look. Talking about flamboyant showmen on stage look out for ROCKET MAN, the Elton John story.

Anonymous

Great film, great showman, sadly missed.

Donna.

Anonymous

Freddie was such an amazing person, and a real role model in many ways.

His daring to be exactly himself without compromise, and ability to face death with such courage.

Like David Bowie, he was a creative force as well as a gentle spirit, who took strength from what he loved.

I loved the film, despite the odd inaccuracy here and there – but I get that it’s a glossy biopic, not a documentary!

I hear so many parallels between the lyrics of Queens songs and my life as a cross dresser. Queen have always been one of my favourite bands since I first heard “We Are the Champions”, the first song I heard on my new radio that I was given as a present back in 1977.

Made a change from Neil Diamond and Crystal Gayle, which seemed to be all they played on Radio 2 bank then, lol!

Love Laura

Deanna Lund
      Duchess

No doubt Freddie was a genius. I don’t know how accurate the movie was but I got overloaded by the excessively wild partying. It’s like my brain stops processing. I have the same problem watching big sci-fi movie robot fight scenes.

I just ended up feeling sad for Freddie. It was like he was looking for something he couldn’t find. Made me cry.

D

Anonymous

From what  read at the time I believe the inaccuracies were understated. Repressed childhood into a flamboyant lifestyle. One of the great show/front men. In public he faced his impending death with courage and dignity. For me the band’s that did the hard yards working their way to success have so much more talent and history than the here today gone tomorrow stars that the impressarios put in front of us.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?