Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Well I just booked an appointment to get my ears pierced.  It’s going to happen the day after Thanksgiving.  My  daughter knows the person (they know each other from her pride group) and the shop is highly rated.

I think this also means I’m going to have to come out to my hairdresser a few weeks later when I get my roots colored. But it also means I’ll be able to wear earrings during the Keystone conference in March.

Or, dress as a pirate when you get your roots done and say, “Arrgh.” a lot.

Gratz, sweetie, please post post-post pics so we can see you in earrings!

Hugs & kisses,
      W.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

That’s wonderful Alison, Do you think your hairdresser has an inkling if you have you roots dyed? I had my ears pierced the other day – Have you ever been in a huge metal framed shop when a small brat suddenly screams? Ouch.

I have had my hair colored for 25 years, so I don’t think that’s a correlation. At first it was because seeing the grey made me feel old. But I let my hair grow long, and now the grey hair is very wiry and hard to brush and keep straight (even with a flat iron) unless it is colored. The Halloween 2022 pictures in my private gallery with the shorter hair is my own (except for clip-in bangs).

In 2010 I was in a show with other crossdressers, put on by a friend who was celebrating her 5th anniversary in the transformation business. So while waiting for my hair color to process the day before, I got French tip nails done instead of just sitting or reading a magazine. And I did show her the pictures of me in the show when I came in a few months later. But I don’t think she suspects that was anything but a one-off.

J J
      Lady

I highly doubt your stylist cares one way or the other, but many men have their ears pierced, so wear simple non-gendered studs if you are concerned.

My wax technician sees me in panties every three weeks, and some are more fem then others, but at my last appointment she asked if I was doing anything special on the up coming weekend and I said I was getting dressed up. She assumed I meant suit and tie, but I said no, I am will be wearing a dress. She just said, cool, and continued ripping the hair out of my leg follicles. She knows I wear nail polish at times, so I doubt she was the least surprised.

I don’t think my stylist would care one way or another. But she’s known me for so long, the question is likely to come up. And by now, I’m not concerned about saying anything either.

Yes, men get earrings these days, but not too many men get their first pair at my age. But I will be getting studs to wear until the ear heals. I wear my hair down and it’s about a foot past my ears, so it’s rarely going to be visible anyway.

I’ve shown my wax technician photos of me dressed plenty of times. But the waxing store policy is that I have to wear boxer briefs, so I wear them over my panties.

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Alison.

Hope your piercing date is still on. My wife keeps asking when I’m getting mine done but I’m going to wait until after xmas when we see all the family. They are very conservative and I don’t want to be answering questions about it or deal with the sneers. By next xmas I’ll be comfortable with my piercing.

Yes, it’s still on. My booking required a deposit for the cost of the piercings anyway. The only thing that will stop me is illness.

Becka
      Lady

Awesome! That’s the next thing I want to do. My daughter too knows a good piercer, so I may go to them.

Having your ears pierced is amazing! There’s just something wonderful about feeling your earrings whenever you move or tilt your pretty head, it makes you feel so much more feminine!
      I had mine done as soon as I decided the time had come for Lauren to live her life and I transitioned.

Lots of big hugs girls,

Ms. Lauren M

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

I’ve been thinking about getting mine pierced but haven’t worked up the nerve yet. Like you Alison I’ll be going to Keystone 2023 (my 1st time) so maybe the combination of you having it done & Keystone will finally get me to go & do it.

Fiona

Just remember it takes a few weeks to heal before you change out the starter earrings.

Hi Alison did mine way back in my late teens earyly 20s with wifes help both are done and going to Keystone is a blast 2022 was first ever outing from my home and Then the Keystone  .. Unless un for seen problems going again in 2023 so happy to meet you there and Fiona  also what a girls week out so exciting to think about ..

Stephanie Bass

I thought I’d give everybody an update. I got my piercing done. Each side has a 5 mm titanium ball and screwless backing. I think it looks good, and can work with either me in either boy or girl mode.

It’s only been a day, and there is still an occasional throb or feeling warm as my ears begin to heal. Not terribly uncomfortable, just a little annoying sometimes. I have to fight the urge to touch it and soothe it to avoid possibly infecting it. Wearing my long hair down as I usually do (it’s two hand widths below my shoulders), the earrings are practically unnoticeable.

My only minor disappointment is that my piercer told me that although the initial healing period is 6 weeks (which would be the first week in January), it could be 8-12 months before things are fully healed. I was told to avoid costume jewelry for a while. But they told me I could get more feminine earrings that fit the same backings. So for Keystone, I’ll likely be wearing feminine studs which will likely not be seen beneath my long hair.

Despite everything, I’m still happy I went ahead and did it.

Hi, Ladies. I originally had my left ear pierced at 16 now am 55 and just recently had the right side pierced.  I love it when I can wear matching earrings every day. Hugs, Allysa

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?