Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Im not sure if this is the right forum, but,
      Im looking at boots, and I saw on one site that GG’s go a half size larger on boots than what they would take in shoes. Anyone with experience, please?
      Regine

Great question. Looking forward to replies

Regine,

the general rule is 1.5 to 2 sizes up from a men’s size  I take a men’s 10 and a women’s 12    I find this to be true for heels, flats and boots.  Now what to watch for in boots is width.  I prefer a wider boot to make it easier to get them on.  I use inserts if they feel too loose.  Hope this helps.

leah

Thank you Leah, I have been using that formula, kinda,but I use 1 size for sandals, 2 for closd shoes, according to Janet’s closet, and they fit good, but this post on ,herroom,I think? said another 1/2 size for boots?
      We are going to have snow very soon, so boots will be a must,lol

Anonymous

Oh Really interesting something else learnt from across the pond unless you’re all screwing with me lol

Here in the UK its 1 size down, I am blessed with small feet for a man and wear a size 7 and womens shoes a size 6 thats across the board shoes and boots.

[postquote quote=399124]

One reason may be to accommodate wearing socks. 1/2 size sounds about right.

Anyway, one thing to really watch out for is the sizing of the calf area of the boot. A number of online stores include a calf measurement and there are also models that are billed as have a wide calf if you have larger legs.

In general I would be careful with assuming a 2 size difference. For many people, including me, the difference is 1 to 1 1/2 sizes. However, the best way is to go by measurements. Just about all online shoe stores will have a measurements chart. I posted one here a while ago in this section from Nordstroms. The title is Shoe Sizing…

In men’s shoes I wear 9 1/2 to 10. My longest foot measures 10 1/2” to 10 9/16”. Comparing that to women’s shoes, it is a size 11. It is fine for open toe, open heel or both. However, closed shoes are a bit difficult as I need a W width and the majority of women’s shoes are only available in an M, or medium width (aka B width). Those require some stretching.

Anyway, there are lots of shoe threads here. Happy Searching!

Anonymous

I wear a 12 Wide in men’s shoes, 13 W in ladies’ shoes; I’ve only found two pairs of boots in this size, both ankle boots, and they are quite comfortable.

I have NOT had that issue so far, and I’ve bought pumps and boots from online.  I also look for reviews and see if people say whether or not the boots run true to size or not.

I know there’s plenty of formulas for converting male-female but I’ve had mixed results.

Case in point. Recently bought 2 boots, identical size and style just different colours. One fit snug, the other is impossible for me to put on and now belongs to my wife. Both ladies 11.

My SO wears a size 10 ladies and many of her pumps,boots and shoes fit me just fine.

When I buy shoes/boots online, I’m always prepared to return them, but usually my wife or daughter will like them and fit them so they don’t get returned and it’s back shopping for me.

Anonymous

i buy all mine in the store, but i believe they have different sizes all over the world. chinas size 10 might be smaller than american size 10. depends where they were made.

Anonymous

Depends where you are.
      US, UK, Euro are all different.
      And also mens and womens are different here too
      In Oz, a 6 mens is an 8 ladies, and both about 38/39 in euro sizing.
      US different again.

Siobhan
      Lady

I think euro sizing seems to match mens and womens.  I have sneaker boots from one manufacturer of a similar if not the same style in both mens and womens, both 43, with the same fit.

For UK sizing you need to go up 1 going to womens from mens.

Thank you all for the wonderful responses. I am in Canada, so mostly looking here and in the US, although Ali express has some awesome looking stuff, but again Im using US sizes.
      Thank you again, lovely ladies,
      Hugs Regine

Love the mask!

Thank you Marlene, I wanted my actual picture, but without the beard, giggles
      Regine

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?