Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Lady

First time starting a topic but felt I wanted to share this.

I have been using second hand site Vinted for a while now and today I came across the first dress I ever bought! It’s a floral bodycon dress and probably not going to suit me at all now I am trying to look more convincing but I had to buy it. It is probably the dress that I have worn the most ever as I had it when I was living on my own, so I am so excited for it to arrive.

Do you still have your first dress you bought? or is there a particular dress you regret getting rid of?

Sarah Car
      Lady

My fisrt out fit was a skirt and top , no longer have it but, I do have a few skirts ,short and long ,and a lot of tops . Also some play outfits , for when we feel like a bit of fun .Wish I could walk in heels would like a pair but would fall over in them .

Anonymous
        Lady

You should definitely get some heels Sarah! I got some heeled boots recently and they have been so easy to walk in so might be good to get you started.

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Nadia.

Congrats on your first topic posting. Thats really great you found your first dress to acquire again. I know you will enjoy it just as much the second time as the first.

I don’t remember the first dress I ever got but I do regret purging many items over the years.

Anonymous
        Lady

Thanks Michelle. I purged so many lovely dresses over the years but think I’m getting my head around everything much better these days

Yes I do have the first dress I bought . And the first dress my wife bought me as well.

Anonymous
        Lady

That’s great Ashley! I will not be getting rid of this one again. I hope that my wife will one day buy me a dress.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

There are many dresses that I had second thoughts about after letting them go. There is one day dress I have that I have had for many years, still in good condition but not quite sure where I got it.

It is definitely a seventies dress as it made of soft nylon with a big flowery pattern on a dark background. I wear it once or twice in the summer every year and is still fashionable and gets compliments.

I don’t remember my first dress sorry to say, I have had a lot of nice things over the years but lost them to purge’s that I have kicked myself for. I have a cute velvet black dress I’ve had for a long time. I just bought another little black dress at Walmart the other day and it fits nice it’s so much fun when you get a new dress or anything for that matter, I just get so excited to try it on for the first time..

Anonymous
        Lady

A velvet black dress sounds lovely! Dress shopping is so much fun and love looking at all the different styles. Enjoy your new dress!

I don’t have the first dress I bought but I do remember the first dress I tried on. I was 14 my sister had an orange striped one that fit me perfectly. I wore it a lot. A year or so later she moved out of the house and took all her clothes with her. Never told her I dressed but I do have fond memories of that dress and my first few years of wearing her clothes.

Nadia,

I probably echo many on here, in that the first item I bought I no longer have due to the many purges I’ve had over the years.

However, the wonder of Vinted and other sites, is that you if you like a particular style from a certain era, then many of those items are still obtainable.

Katie

Anonymous
        Lady

Vinted is a wonderful place, just have to be careful that I don’t buy everything!

Nika
      Lady

I am waiting for my first dress to arrive, I am sooo excited 🤗🤗🤗

Anonymous
        Lady

I’ve sure you will love it Nika! x

Nadia, congratulations on finding a first dress again.  I remember mine, but unfortunately, I bought it in a store, and when I got it home, it was too small, and I was too embarrassed to try to return it.  But the second one I bought fit really well, it was so much fun to dress up and wear it.  But like most of us here I purged it along with my first pair of heels, which I wish I still had.

So, happy shopping, it’s so much fun, and when a new dress arrives, it is so much fun to put it on the first time.

Anonymous
        Lady

Thanks Jennifer! oh yes I’ve had a few dress that have been too small and going in a buy them was hard enough let alone trying to take them back. I’d rather donate them than anything else.

I can’t wait! I may put on a picture as long as its not too bad

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

I do have my first dress, is that a good or bad thing, my problem is I save everything and I’ve never purged. I didn’t start buying dresses until probably 15 years ago, until then I was more a bra and pantie girl.

Anonymous
        Lady

Definitely a good thing Sherri! I wish I hadn’t got rid of all the dresses that I have had over the years

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

The first dozen dresses I owned are in a landfill or some thrift shopper’s closet.

I regret getting rid of every one.

/EA

Unfortunately I do not have my first dress but I will never forget the day I made the purchase the sales associate gave me a knowing smile that I also will never forget. I have purged many cute dresses that I would like to have back but I also feel good about donating them. If and when my wife buys Jill a dress I will keep it forever.

Anonymous
        Lady

I did the the self service machine for my first few purchases, which was all fine until I had some with security tags on. It was much easier after that just going to the till. N x

J J
      Lady

No, it along with all my femme clothes, all my clothes, burned in one of the many recent California wild fires, along with everything else we owned. I have since rebuilt a smaller, but more curated collection. My favorite as a classic LBD, which I ha e replaced, but I don’t like it as much as the original.

Anonymous
        Lady

Oh I’m sorry about that JJ. I’m sure the collection will build up again over time and you’ll find that one dress you love even more. N x

I can’t remember what was my first dress. More often than not I was wearing a skirt than a dress.

Now it comes down to what you mean my first. Technically, my first “skirt” was when I was a teen, and there was a broken umbrella. I managed to cut the loops holding the fabric to the frame, and sew it onto my waist. Because other people were home at the time, I only wore it a few minutes before I had to take it off and toss it. It was never meant to be permanent anyway.

Next would be a wrap skirt made using a wrap skirt from my (now) ex as a pattern. I think I went through two or three iterations of that as they wore out. I don’t have these either, although I could probably make these without a pattern now.

The first skirt I bought I still own. After a hair appointment, I stopped into Kohl’s and found a knee length black circle skirt with an elastic waist in the clearance section. The waistband has a twist in it to make it look a little like a bow. It was very inexpensive (like $10 or less), and I thought about it, but chickened out. But the next day I went back and fortunately it was still there, so I bought it. I still wear it occasionally.

Because I found it in the clearance rack, I doubt I’ll ever be able to find it again.

This might sound more bragging but sharing but at the time I started dressing again I was more than fifty pounds heavier than I am now. At the time I was resigned to that being my weight and size.

I went crazy buying clothes for that size. Now, two bottom sizes and one top size smaller I’ve given away most of it. Well, someone will have the benefit of it and some charities will make a little something.

Meanwhile, I’m trying not to go too crazy again and just have some essentials in my current size. I’m trying to wait until I can buy off the rack in an actual store.

Anonymous
      Lady

Thank you for the all the lovely comment on here. Thought I ‘d give a quick update.

I have uploaded a picture of it. I have to say I still love this dress and fits me a lot better than I thought it might do. It is a good length and feels great!

Will not be getting rid of it this time!

Anonymous

I had a typically ill advised purge some years ago and among the lost items were a couple dresses, skirts and a baby blue faux-wrap seater that I wish I could get back or at least match. I did find one item on eBay, my favorite knit pencil skirt. I lack the technical description, but basically the fabric was a mix of black, red and silver threads…I just love it and am so happy to have it back.

Hi Nadia,  My first dresses are hopefully still being used by someone and enjoying the experience.  I regularly move things on to others and am glad to share as I make or pick up something new again.  I also find that my tastes or styles change over time and then I create some room and make someone else happy.  I do have a few special very old wiggle dresses that I keep rolled up in the back of my drawer for emergencies.  I will probably never get rid of them since they are the most forgiving yet chic items that I own.  I made most of them and can throw them on with a pushup bra and black pumps and be ready to party in 60 sec.  I usually have one in my carry on luggage just in case my other bags get lost or delayed.  My wife and I joke about them being the Armageddon Dresses (when everything hits the fan, zombie apocalypse, or the dress you planned on wearing didn’t make it back from the cleaners, or you planned on 3 hours to get ready but got a conference call and now have only 3 minutes, etc).  So that’s my early dress history and perhaps any of those not accounted for here are now part of Ford 150 interiors.  Thanks for this interesting question.   Marg

If only I could have back the short, pink, tulle dress that I appropriated from my niece! It was sooooo feminine and sexy.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?