• Creator
    Topic
    Caty Ryan
    Participant
    Registered On: August 27, 2017
    Topics: 70
    Replies: 670

Hello to all on CDH.

Over recent months, I have been pleased with myself and dropped a few pounds/kilos. But going by the bruising I seem to be getting on my ribs under my bra and also the side bands, I think I must have lost too much in that location. Its especially bad on my right side under my arm.

I’ve been the same comfy 18/40C bra size forever and if I’ve lost weight, the band should be looser, not be too tight!!! Also, given they hold my forms nice and snug, all my bras are underwires.

Now we know  many “GG” girls cant stand underwire bras and thst’s probably cos they have “genuine” flesh all over.

I dont buy cheap brands either. (eg Simone Perele on clearance, most of which have very wide bra bands… makes it even more confusing) .

It would seem that my only option is to seek a bulk buy on extenders. _25-30 is variety of colours??” Yes please I’ll take ’em”!!!

Anyone else ever had a similar experience??

Happy (non painful) bra dressing

Caty

5 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jeannie Jones
      Participant
      Registered On: October 9, 2020
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 64

I had cups that were too tight on the “underboob”. The bra fitter said to go down a band size and up a cup size and it was just right

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Grace Scarlett
      Participant
      Registered On: July 26, 2020
      Topics: 22
      Replies: 582

Hello Caty

I remember my first few bra’s needed extenders until I sorted the bra/ forms conundrum…..

I have looked on Amazon and they sell loads…. typically a pack of 36 in 18 different colours, double and triple hooked is only £7.00…..

just passing on a thought

huggs, grace x

2 users thanked author for this post.
        Caty Ryan
        Participant

Thanks for the Amazon tip Grace. I dont have an account with them here in “Oz”, I’m very suspicious of these big companies and what they do with your data.

I’ll just buy a load from various other outlets, eg supermarkets etc. We also have a very big chain here called Spotlight, for fabrics and dressmaking supplies. I’m sure they will have heaps!!!

Caty

DeeAnn Hopings
      Participant
      Registered On: November 10, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 676

I have also had a bit of bruising. It is directly below the cups where the underwire is. My weight hasn’t really changed for several months. I think my situation is a bit different. I think my rib cage has a bit sharper curvature where the bruising is. Some of this is due to the fact that I am now wearing underwire bras almost exclusively and also there is a medication that I take that increases the possibility of bruising.

Same thing, only different…

Caty Ryan
      Participant

Thanks to all you lovely ladies for your very considered replies.

I agree about losing fat around the rib cage, but one one proviso. Its not nearly as bad on my left side as my right…In fact hardly hurts at all.

But then… (Lightbulb moment!!!)  When I look down at my “man boobs”, my left one is definitely bigger than the right. So maybe there’s more cushioning on my left side.

As for the pocket bra suggestion. I bought one of those many moons ago and did not like it at all. This “old girl” like to feel her forms on her chest, (preferably adhered…)…

I think I’ll pass on any new bras, go with the extenders first. As for a bra fitting, when we are finally well and truly over this covid bug, having a femme bra fitting is top of the list. I had one set up about 18 months ago, but it got canned at the last minute

I’ve also seen where lingerie stores, (at  least here in OZ) wont do personal bra fittings cos of the Covid Bug…

Last but not least. I’ve got to 73 relatively hale and hearty and I dont muck around with my health. So I’m getting this old chest x rayed this week!!!

Happy (non bruised) dressing,

Caty

stephanie plumb
      Participant
      Registered On: November 17, 2018
      Topics: 97
      Replies: 889

Hi Caty,

The clue is in your weight loss. Your bra’s haven’t changed – you have.

You will have lost some subcutaneous fat from your ribs and chest, so there is probably less cushioning.

Having said that :-

Try a mid priced 42″ bra to start with.    Maybe its the style of bra that is part of the problem?  Or the age – have they lost some elasticity?

I have a (tight) 38″ chest and have a few 38″ band bras,  and also some 40″ and 42″, and haven’t experienced this issue apart from a little discomfort from the frame holding the underwires, but it is usually when they are holding heavier  DD forms.  The Breastformstore website fitting guide says I should wear a 42″ band size for comfort.

Stephanie P

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Genevïéve
        Participant
        Registered On: July 28, 2020
        Topics: 5
        Replies: 243

Stephanie wrote:

“The clue is in your weight loss. Your bra’s haven’t changed – you have.”

This is where my train of thought was heading…

I’ve had some bruising and weird rashes over the years… once in the armpits. A brownish red bruise/rash. Not painfull or itchy, just looked very weird. Was just the once and haven’t had it since.

The body does some strange things at times and I was thinking that as a result of your weight loss, something has triggered your bruising… other than your bras.

Let it slide for a bit hon… if it continues, see your GP.

Gen… 💋

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Genevïéve
      Participant
      Registered On: July 28, 2020
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 243

Have you ever noticed similar bruising prior to your weight loss Caty? Or has this only been an issue since you lost weight?

Gen… 💋

Amanda Burton
      Participant
      Registered On: January 15, 2020
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 351

Hi Caty, sounds like you need to be measured correctly and fitted correctly. Many lingerie outlets now quite happily offer a measurement service to CDs

One question are you measuring allowing for the forms?. Many CD lingerie manufacturers can supply bras with pockets to hold forms, eliminating the need for under wire bras. These bras causes almost exactly the same problems when worn by men and women, especially under the bust of women  or chest muscle of males, and around the muscles under the arms of each sex. If as you say you have to buy bra extensions then I would say your bras are not correct. Probably you need a much softer bra.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.