Tagged: 

Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Erica
      Lady

Hi Ladies,

I made a bra fitting at Soma in a local mall for this Friday. I am so nervous and excited at the same time. Has any had a bra fitting, etc at Soma? What was your experience there? When I called for an appointment, I asked her if they accepted transgender gurls. She enthusiastically said ‘absolutely’. I hope that is the case.💋🩱👠👙. Can’t wait until Friday!

wow  that’s  great that places do x dressers for bra fitting, sorry but I never had one done or now the place. but if there was a place where near me I would be tickled oink and could not wait for that day to come and have a bra fitting day to get my  right size bra by a lady. let me know how it all went would like to know.  I by my own dresses in store but the cashier does not know its for me, I by panties, pads, nylons, bras make up, perfume in stores and I get no reaction at cash out.

Having a professional fitting is the best way to find the right size and style for your body. Everybody is different and nobody is perfect. Remember ‘average’ is a mathematical term for the middle, not a term for the most common.

I have always found sales consultants very helpful in selecting options. Be sure to let them know what look you want to portray. do you want to be classy, sexy, matronly, or just keep them from bouncing around?

I personally like frilly lace underwire that lets my nips play peek-a-boo, and something that shows a bit of shoulder straps around my neckline.

Good luck, be open, and HAVE FUN!

My wife and I went to Soma to get a bra fitting for both of us. [my wife was wearing the wrong bra for the longest time] The sales girl looked at us like we where aliens from outer space. She measured my wife and gave her some bras to try on. When it came to me she said she was not going to measure me. She was rude from the start so we bought nothing. While driving home I called Soma company and told them what happened. They apologized to us asked me for my number and said someone would call back about this. It wasn’t 10 minutes I got a call from the field manager. She asked if I knew the sales girls name and to describe her. I did not know her name but described her to a tee since there was only 2 girls there. She said she would call the store and get their side of the story and call me back. A very short time later she called me back and apologized again and told me she was at the Danbury store and if we came to that store, she would fit both of us and give 40% off what ever we purchased. I told her we could not come now but thanked her. She gave me her name and schedule and told me we could come to either store and the offer would stand.

I would love to have a bra fitting I have 42B & 42Cup that do fit but I have tried other brands & not even close. I would love to find Soma up here. I have both size 5 breast forms & size 8 form the 5’s hide under my shirts very good as long as I cover-up. I just like the feeling of them on the fitting would help confirm what size I am with size 5 form & size 8 form. It is a lot easier when it’s cold out to hide what is under my shirts I go out with size 5 a lot & sometimes with my size 8 forms in my 42Cup bras not sure what I’m really measuring out at but it’s fun & that’s what feels right to me.

Rahi Nal
      Lady

I went to local shop in tirupati, India for bra fitting..I called before going..The owner was so helpful and the workers .They helped me with size and found me the proper bra..I am 42B.

Steffy
      Lady

I had a quick fitting at a Lane Bryant store in Ft. Worth, TX. one time.  The SA was wonderful and didn’t blink an eye about measuring for me.  It was a very pleasant experience with her.  However, the SA who checked me out at the register was less impressed with me.

Regarding a fitting at a Soma store, I have contacted my local Soma to inquire about a fitting, and made it clear that I was a guy, looking for a bra to be fit to me.  The manager of the store responded and she MADE CERTAIN to let me know that I was MORE THAN WELCOME in her store at any time, and to let her know when I would be coming in and she would personally be sure that my shopping needs (to include a fitting) were met.  Unfortunately I’ve not made the time to go get the fitting, but something I’m looking forward to doing.

Erica,

Hey, I was just calling around about a bra fitting for myself, so how did yours go at Soma? I had a bad vibe from the lady at our local store here, but maybe yours went ok? If not I will probably go to Torrid on Monday.

Thanks!
      Tammy

Erica
        Lady

Hi Tammy, my bra fitting went very well. The SA was very enthusiastic and she was very willing to help me. In the dressing room, she measured my for a bra and then went and returned with a half a dozen bras for me to try on. I ended up buying only 1 of the bras. She then went and returned with panties  and slips to try on. I bought a black retro brief panty but no slip. She was very helpful. Recently, I went back to Soma and bought 6 pairs of Embraceable panties. The SA(not the same one) was very supportive and helpful.

Hello everyone, I had to schedule and reschedule my bra fitting a few times since I had work conflicts since that has been really busy the past two months.  With that said, I did finally go in for my fitting early last week and can’t say enough nice things about the ladies at the Torrid in Broomfield Colorado.  I live in Denver, but was hesitant to go in to a place too close to home, so to put myself a little more at ease I drove a little further north.  I apologize in advance, as this is going to be a little long!

I will say I was a bit terrified when I first walked in, but the SA that first greeted me (Heidi) was awesome from the get go.  It was also fortunate that since it was colder the store wasn’t busy at all, I was the only customer at first, just 3 sales associates that were working at the time.

She took me back right away and asked if I was ok taking my jacket and shirt off so she could get accurate measurements.  I was dressed in my drab clothes, except of course my thong panty and I had put a cami on under my t-shirt.  I told her this and she said ok, awesome…just keep that on if you are more comfortable and I can take measurements to give us a place to start.  She quickly measured me, and said based on my band size of 44″, and that I am a taller guy she thought a DD would be the most proportionate size to start with.  She said to hang tight and she would go grab a few different styles for me to try on.  She came back a few minutes later with about 6 different bras in a few different colors too.  She said ok go ahead and take your cami off and try the first one on and I can check the fit.  She asked if I had any breast forms with me and I said no not yet.  She said no problem, we can get you something to stuff them with to fill them out and I will grab a few blouses to try on too.  I heard her ask one of the other SA’s to grab something for stuffing a bra with, and I heard her say sure!  She was back

I continued putting on the first bra, but and Heidi was back with the other SA and a few blouses and some “stuffing” for me.  I can’t remember the other SA’s name, but she was great too.  She asked if I had ever stuffed a bra before, I kind of laughed and said yes…but if you have any pointers on the best way to do it?  Her and Heidi both laughed, because the girl had DD’s herself and she said, well I’ve never had to myself obviously, but I’ve helped girlfriends that needed help.  She asked if I was ok with her doing it and of course I said yes, so she had a few pairs of socks that she started to fold in half and layer in one cup, and Heidi started to do the same on the other cup.

They didn’t have enough to fill both so Heidi asked the third SA that wasn’t in the room to grab a few more socks, while she checked the fit.  The other SA walked in with a couple more pairs of socks and handed them to the other SA and she finished stuffing my cups.  Heidi asked if the bra fit comfortably and it was perfect, the other two SA’s said it looked great.  The third SA said are you sure you want to go with a DD…should we try a D cup too?  I said I wasn’t sure, but I would defer to whatever you all though was most proportional.  Heidi asked the third SA to go grab a 44D and we would give that a shot, but then handed me a a maroon blouse to try on while we waited.  It fit perfectly, but the second SA asked, what size waist are you, 36″ I said.  She said is it ok if I pick out a skirt so we can see how it looks, or would you prefer slacks or some jeans?  I said most definitely a skirt and she was off to grab a few for me to try.  The third SA was back by this time with a 44D and the other SA returned quickly with a couple of skirts for me to try.  They all walked out of the fitting room as I changed into a black mini skirt, and then all came back in.  Heidi and SA 2 both said it looked great and it was a cute outfit on me.  The third SA walked in and agreed, but was still thinking I should try on the D cup, so I said ya I agree, so I took off my blouse and removed the first bra and stuffing, putting on the D cup and Heidi and SA 2 stuffed it again and I then put the same blouse back on.  Heidi asked if I could turn sideways, and walk around a bit…I almost felt like I was modeling for them and was having so much fun at this point.  All three of them were in agreement, the 44D was more proportional and looked really natural for me.  Heidi said ok, let’s take that one off and try one of the other 44D’s to see if you like a different style.  Again, I took my blouse off, trying on a grey and purple push up bra (this one: https://www.torrid.com/product/slate-grey-purple-lace-xo-push-up-plunge-bra-/12554068.html?cgid=Bras_PushUp#start=14) which actually worked pretty well and was very comfortable too.  Heidi and SA 2 then started re-stuffing this bra as SA 3 walked away to assist another customer.  Heidi had a purple scoop neck blouse that she had grabbed earlier and asked me to try this on so I put that on, and it looked great, as just a little bit of the lace of the bra was visible.  They both thought this blouse and purple color was great for my skin tone and I agreed.

I ended up spending almost 2 hours there, trying on the other bras, other blouses and skirts they had picked out and even a couple of pairs of jeans and a couple of dresses too.  The other two SA’s had to walk away a few times, and Heidi asked if I wanted to try on any lingerie or needed panties.  I said I am good on panties I think, but said maybe some lingerie.  She asked if I liked teddies and I said yes.  Any preference on a thong or full coverage, and said I preferred thongs so as she was grabbing a few of those I tried on some of the jeans.  When she got back, we both agreed the jeans kind of fit my body a little odd.  She handed me 3 different thong teddies and said her try these on, but keep your panties on and your bra too to see how they fill out on top and walked out of the dressing room.  I tried on the first one, and she asked if it was ok for her to come back in.  At this point I was so comfortable with her I said sure!  We both agreed it fit too loose in the abdomen, but she said it looked really cute as she walked around me.  She then said, ok let’s try on the black one since I grabbed that in a size 0 since you have a small waist.  I started laughing and said I’m actually a size 0 in something and she was giggling too and said how she never had that kind of luck.  So I pulled that teddy off and she said she loved my panties, and asked where I got them so I told her from herroom.com as I put the other Teddy on…and she helped adjust the top over my bra.

So needless to say, my experience was unbelievable!  I went in very hesitant and a bit terrified too, but it was completely unfounded.  All three girls, but especially Heidi were awesome and put me completely at ease.  I never thought I would go for a fitting and be so comfortable that I wouldn’t be concerned about an SA who is a total stranger seeing me in my thong and a bra, but I was!  By the time I was ready to check out (~$300 later) it was just the 3 of them and myself again.  They had all put me so at ease, that I was actually wearing the first outfit I had tried on along with my bra (including the stuffing at no charge) and the thong teddy Heidi had picked out underneath.  Unfortunately they didn’t have any shoes in my size, so I had to wear my tennis shoes out, but that was ok.  They were great and said I should come back in once I got my breast forms so they can see how it all looks and feels for me.  I will definitely be back, and since my breast forms showed up last Friday I may go pay them a visit tomorrow if they are working!

Anonymous

This sounds so fabulous!

I have gone in stores in my full male regalia and asked for bra fittings.  I have gotten many reactions some were nice, some gave glares and its hit or miss.  I have been to Soma, Torrid, Lane Bryant, JC Penney, Dillard’s, Sears and on and on.  When I did finally get up the nerve to go to female specific stores way back when (20+ years), I had to develop the courage just to even go in the stores or that section of a department store.  I would be trembling and shacking just because I was so afraid of what people would think or say.  When I was approached by an SA, most where generally there to help, but fear was a barrier, and I was still reluctant.  Over time the fear went away and as I got more comfortable shopping I began talking more and more to the SA’s.  I learned that, to my suprise, many of the SA said men shopping in the women’s section was a more common occurrence than I would think.  After that shopping in a Victoria Secret was no problem.  There are more of us out in the world than we think, and it has become more common place and acceptable.  Don’t let fear stop you from enjoying who you are.  Put you big girl panties on and go get fit for a bra.  P.S. bring your girls/forms with you it will help your fitting.

Harriette
      Lady

Oops, double post.

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by Harriette.
      Harriette
      Lady

There are more of us out in the world than we think, and it has become more common place and acceptable.

Recently, on the Wish web site, I noticed a lot of male names listed for comments of crossdressing or normal women’s clothing or related products and I started looking at the items that they bought. A few of them leave good quality comments, so I follow them (whatever that does). I was surprised but pleased about how many were obviously buying stockings, dresses, shoes, jewelry, etc., for themselves.

I remember my wife telling me how comfortable her Soma bras are so when I decided it was time to buy a nice bra i went to a local Soma told them I was looking for a bra for myself and without hesitation the ladies sized me and helped with style recommendations. Thanks to my lovely wife that does not know about my Crossdressing I have a comfortable well fitting bra (thanks dear).

I went Shopping at Victoria’s Secret in my male clothes to buy panties, and I also had a sales associate help me with buying a garter belt, When I was in the store I thought how I would love to go in the dressing room and try on some Bra’s. But I did not have the nerve so I bought my panties and garter belt and left. I was walking out of the mall when I thought this is ridiculous. The lady knows the clothes for me. I even made a point of telling that they were for me and she was very nice. So I went back and asked her if it were ok if I found a Bra that I liked if it were okay for me to try it on in the dressing room. She said of course it would be okay. So as I was walking back to look at Bra’s another associate came up to me and asked me if I was there for a Bra fitting. I said yes and got a Bra fitting at Victoria’s Secret. It was such an intense experience for a Girl like me.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hi ladies,

Here’s my “two cups worth”

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/bra-shopping-my-cups-runneth-over/

Caty.

wish my wife would take me to a bra fitting place and fit me with a right size bra. i would be in heaven.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Transgender Friendly Places and Support Groups Around the World’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?