• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Bee Dee
      Lady

Well, this is probably a bit late in the day but…I don’t think I’m wearing the right size bra. When I bought my first one, which was a U.K. A cup I was in a bit of a rush, adrenaline rush. I think I’m a 38-40″ chest but I’m not sure if I’m accurate, I have measured several times. I hadn’t decided how big my cup should be at the time so I thought I’d stay as near as I could to my body shape and enhance what I already had. I’ve bought a few more bra’s over the years as my dressing has escalated and my body has expanded. I now have B cup breastforms which I really like and I don’t want to buy more. I don’t think my bra’s bands are the right size for me. I use bra extensions to help but they never seem right and my forms seem to be a little to far apart, even when I have a good quality bra on. Can any one of you lovely ladies advise me what I need to do.

Thank you all.

Get a fitting at a proper shop. Most lingerie shops will do a fitting for/on a man. They are used to it. Just call ahead and ask if they do and if there’s is a better time to come in. You do want to be respectful of any genetic females who may have an issue with it, or you can do like I did, called a shop and asked if they fitted men, they said yes. I showed up and said hi, I was wondering if I could get a fitting for a bra. Sure, right this way…:-)

I prefer the Bali Revolution bras. I’m pretty close to your size and wear a size large. These bras fit my own natural B’s but will stretch to fit my C breast forms and even my DD breast forms. They’re extremely comfortable and can be worn without being readily noticeable under a colored T-shirt.  JMS- Just My Size usually has them at a reasonable price.

Sisters,

Elizabeth

There are a few brands that make 38a. I personally like the Leading Lady ones.

Check the HerRoom.com web site. The have a broad range of manufacturers, sizes and styles. They also have extensive information about how to measure your body, how bras should fit and which type to use for which application. They have people doing online support…

If you are in UK the M&S online bra fitting service could be of help. Asks a lot of relevant questions. Hope this helps.

❤️B

I think that part of the problem is that the spacing between the cups is different for the average female chest than for the average male chest. Probably the cups are closer together than your breasts actually are. So nothing quite fits. The band size that you measure may be a bit higher than you think. I have trouble with straps not extending far enough. Thus the band tends to sit a bit higher on the male chest. Female breasts tend to be a bit lower. Females have a heck of a time finding a bra that actually fits. For males it seems impossible as nobody seems to be making them for a male physique.

So try going larger on the band side and maybe simultaneously down a cup size.

It certainly is a matter that needs further scrutiny. And I do not understand why some manufacturers (especially period styles) do not try to adjust patterns for males. I suspect that, especially in this day of on-line shopping, they could expand their sales by 10%; maybe more. You might want to look at:

https://www.secretsinlace.com/category/Bras

if you are not familiar with them. Check the size charts. For example they advise:

“Determine your Band Size: While wearing your own bra, measure around your rib cage just under your breast. If the number is 33 inches or under add 4 inches; if it is over 33 inches add 2 inches. Round down to the nearest Even whole number. This number is your Bra Band size…”

This seems to say that your bra size is what you measure plus two inches. Then they advise adding three inches for a C-cup. So this suggests that you have to add 5-inches to your 40-inches (and round off to the nearest even number, i.e., 44-46) or your bra will be too tight.

Getting a fitting (with your breastforms) is a very good idea if you live in a large community that might have a service that has helped males in the past.

Araminta.

Bee Dee
        Lady

Hi, Araminta. I think you’re right about a lot of that, the trouble is, in the U.K. you can’t  really find a 40 A bra anywhere and I looked. 38’s seem to fit o.k. I just bought a cute pink set the other day which I have on now and it’s not uncomfortable to wear but my forms don’t quite fill the B cup (B cup forms) of the bra. So I may end up buying new forms, probably C cups and swapping around to see what works best.

Take care!

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Bee Dee.
      Bee Dee
      Lady

Hi Bianca, yes I’m in the U.K. and M&S is my favourite lingerie brand that I can afford. I wish I had gone to a bra fitting service before the pandemic hit but I chickened out, I wanted to but…Anyways I tried the online service, they said to go in store and ask the ladies there but they can’t fit me because of COVID19 so…I’ll have to try something else.

TThanks! B.

Bee Dee
      Lady

Hi Dee Ann. Thank you, I’ll check it out!

Anonymous

Marks & Spencers online do 40A bras

Anonymous

Sorry, I forgot to add “Little Women” they do an excellent selection of 40A bras too.

[postquote quote=396565]

I forgot to mention something about sizing. HerRoom does an interesting thing. There is variance in how cup size is designated for different countries. So, what they did was create a designation called Universal Cup Sizing (UCS). In the US, my size is 38I. Using the UCS, the I cup size is D6. So, if I’m looking at a bra from another country, for example an Elomi, my 38D6 is a 38G with UK sizing. In Japan, a D6 is a J cup.

I went with Amoena for my 46B.  Love the fit, just not filling out the cups.

Marlie

Anonymous

I use one of the online bra sizing guides, but deduct 1 size of the band sizing, as that tends to put more of my side boob into the cup.

In the UK, I find that Matalan do have some unpadded, underwired, cotton bras with small (and large) bra cup sizes, which have the cups nicely separate and have lace trim. My cup size is b and I do find that they fit well and give me a modest cleavage.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?