Tagged: ,

Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I have a bra sizing question.

I have measured my bra size several times per the recommendations and I come up as a 38C.

below my chest 38″

around my chest 41″

However in most bras I prefer a 36C

It feels more comfortable in most bras

am I wrong?

Patty

Patty,

By convention and your given measurements, your bra size is a 38B. A 36C could be roughly equivalent.

Mackenzie Alexandra

Leah
      Baroness

that is what they call” Sister sizes”  I prefer a smaller cup bra, but as bra sizes get above a 40…the cups get way too big for my preference. So I have used bra extenders or a bralatte

I’ve never been able to figure it out. If I measure it says my band should be at least 50″ (yes, I am not a small person). But with that big a band even a AA cup (if you could get one) is pretty significant in size.

I mostly shoot for 44B or maybe 46A or B. That’s pretty comfortable, my forms fit pretty well, and I don’t feel too top heavy.

C

Hi Patty,

Ask any GG and they say the same thing. There is no “standard” for bra size and manufacture, so it varies a lot between styles & brands. Most important is the band is snug (you can just get a couple of fingers under when it is one up). Next that the band sits in the right place, straight around, not riding up at the back from the straps pulling or something. Actually 90% of the support is the band, which is why GGs can wear strapless bras!

Straps are in some ways an extra (the bra should support with them off) to keep everything in place. Beware of over-tightening them, look at how many GGs have the band at the back ring high up between the shoulder blades in a wrong move to compensate for the wrong size!

The cup size is really looking at breast volume in some ways, and you are right a 32C is roughly the same as a 34B just to confuse!

The style (push-up, bralette etc) also makes a difference to the fit, however if the band is wrong nothing will work.

Best advice I ever read was to get measured professionally and then try different bras on. If you aren’t comfortable going to a store buy something you like then if it doesn’t fit buy the same bra in a different size!

An I can tell you when you get it right it makes a HUGE difference to how you look!

Hope this helps!

S

[postquote quote=354985]

Owing to design and materials, various bras can feel quite different. These days I have Playtex, Goddess and Glamorise. For the same 38 band size, the Glamorise is nowhere near as tight as the other two. Playtex and Goddess fit snugly on the first hook, but the Glamorise isn’t as tight even on the second hook…

I’m literally the same (38/36) and have found the same sizing issue.  There are sizing & stretch  differences between manufacturers.
      Because the weight of breast forms are not a part of your body, More of the the weight is carried in your bra, therefor a snugger band helps to ‘carry the load’, and can be more comfortable.
      Try to opt for 3 or 4 hook bras that have wider bands, are more comfortable, and hold everything in place better.

Anonymous

No, you’re not wrong; it seems to be peculiarity of bra sizing.  I should be a 36A, but a 36B is what’s comfortable.  Sister sizing would put me in a 38A, but they don’t exist.  I suspect that having wider rib cages than GGs, causing the girls to be further apart has something to do with it, also.

Golden rule is if you feel comfortable (especially if you look good) you’re not wrong.

As has been pointed out bra sizing is more of an art than a science, and it varies widely by manufacturer.  As just one for instance I’ve ordered C-cup bras that have ended up bustier than my D’s.

As any scientist would tell you, there’s no such thing as a failed experiment, as you always learn something.  Just keep trying and you’ll get a feel for it.

I would suggest you get professionally fitted for bra and panties via SOMA INTIMATES.

In my experience they are very CD/TG  friendly at least in the 3 SOMA INTIMATES BRICK and mortar Stores I’ve done Business with both with and without my SOGGF. When my SOGGF outted me by accident an she insisted I get professionally fitted by a SOMA INTIMATES professional bra fitter. This fitter also based upon my measurements, recommended that proportionally I would be more passable with a 38DDD BUST rather than the 38DD BRA and Forms I was wearing that day (my SOGGF is a 38DD and has 38dd forms being a double radical mastectomy breast cancer Survivor)

Their product quality and selection is superb as is their treatment of CD/TG customers and quite the opposite of several VS stores I’ve browsed at. VS IMHO aim their products towards the older teens and GG women in their 20’s and early 30’s. VS quality and product durability is far less than SOMA INTIMATES products both I’m my  and my SOGGFs opinions.

Nancy
      Lady

[postquote quote=355082]
      This is so confusing, I’ve been trying to figure this out too. So, if I think I need a 40A, is 38B the same thing? Because it might be at least slightly easier to find that size…

Birel

[postquote quote=357685]

On the HerRoom.com site is a section called Fitting Room.

Under that is a section called Cup Sizing: D and Larger.

Under that is a section called Sister Bra Sizes.

If you change band sizes, the sister sizing allows you to keep the same cup volume…

Hi Patty,

Tammie suggests getting a professional bra fitting.  That is a terrific suggestion!  Men have a greater spacing between breasts.  A typical bra center cup to center cup won’t sit correctly.  So this measurement can affect the bra cup volume which is the basis for sister sizing/sizes.

This pandemic has shuttered many businesses but check with your local businesses as they reopen.  Someone suggested Soma.  Your local lingerie boutique might also perform bra fittings.  Hanes Brands will do a bra fitting on men.

With what you are budgeting to spend take the time to find a well Fitting bra.  Your purchase has gone to waste if the bra doesn’t fit.

Alice

I think a 40 C cup would be right for your frame.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?