Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hi girls,

Like most of us, I have read many posts on this great site about the joys of wearing a bra, especially when “underdressed” during the day.

I have bought a number of 40AA bras over the years to support what “breast tissue” I have, (aka fat). But they slip off my shoulders too often and yes it’s a “girly” thing to do the straighten them up. But its can still lead to situations where I’d rather it not occur. EG when my SO is about.

Same again with the bra band and the hooks and eyes. A big hug from “The Boss” especially if I’m only wearing a t shirt, could cause “trouble in the house. (We DADT ’round here).

Thus. over recent times I’ve discovered the joys of bralettes. But for me, that must have wide straps and back band and no hooks and eyes. IE either step in, or pull over my head.

Very comfy and if I look side on I also get a teeeeeny bit of “projection” . Plus, if by chance and timing I’ve already adhered my breast forms, a bralette “looks the part”.

I know no “plugs” are not permitted on CDH, but I will say is they come from an upscale brand out of Montreal, Canada. Distributed here in OZ via an on line site up in Brisbane.

Anyone else like this style of bra?.

Happy (bralette) dressing

Caty.

Cece X
      Lady

Yes, Caty, i have several bralettes, primarily for underdressing. They are very comfortable, and since the cups are formless, they showcase what little breast tissue (body fat) I have. I wear them under shirts when I do not want much projection. When I want more projection, I wear a padded bra or a bra with forms under a sweatshirt or baggy sweater.

I’ve never worn a Bralette but have tried on bras at a shop ti see if I could find something to wear under my male clothing. I never though of a bralette. Going to have to look into that.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Denise

Hi Caty

This time of year  in Britain I can underdress wearing a normal bra (no forms and no padding ) due to more layers of outer clothing ,but I like to wear a bralette in bed under my nightie keeps  ‘things’ in place and helps me to feel more female ,I have a white one and a pink one and like yours no hooks and eyes .

Michelle  xx

I wear bralettes all the time in the colder weather sometimes with forms

I love bralettes and wear one pretty much everyday. I have both styles with pull over or hook and eye and enjoy them a lot. As of late I’m finding I enjoy them more then wearing my forms and a bra. Once I find one I like I buy it in a few colours. I find I can wear them to work, when out in drab and when I dressed around the house without forms.

Caty –

I have a bralette I wear a couple days a week.  I find it to be very comfortable. It is a pullover with spaghetti straps.  It feels comfortable in holding my breast tissue (fat) in place, I’m a large A small B cup.  I need to get more just haven’t gotten around to it.

XOXO
      Suzanne

I love to experience all the female attire. I have yet to get a bralette. I’ll have to get one, something that’s on the sexy side. I usually wear a padded push up bra . It gives me a pretty noticeable bump. Love it.

Anonymous
      Lady

I think I have about six or more bralettes. I like them and they are good for underdressing but are all pullover types. I prefer regular bras with back hooks which are easier to put on and take off if you don’t want to remove your top. All my bralettes require me to take my top completely off. I have some that are racer back style that work great for underdressing.

J J
      Lady

I too like my bralettes just as much as my bras. They are just different tools in the CD toolbox. Another helpful tool for stealth underdressing is a racerback bra. They have two big advantages, they straps don’t slip down, and the back is very stealthy.

Also, get a bra fitting, slipping straps can be a sign of a wrong bra size and/or poorly adjusted straps.

Caty Ryan
        Baroness

Good morning JJ and thanks for your post. Plus of course all the other lovely responses and thanks.

Re the bra fitting

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/bra-shopping-my-cups-runneth-over/

Had one last year and once the weather is cool enough I know of two other stores here in Melbourne who will happily fit “folks like us”. Plus I’ll go back to the department store chains as mentioned in the article  and “try before I buy” Whatever I buy, I’ll donate to places like women’s homeless shelters.

That’s cos I have too many “right size with forms” bras already.

The 40AA’s slip off cos of my lack of, lets be honest here, fat. I dont want anymore cos “below there” is too fat already…. (wish we could all do a quick “suction job”LOL)

Happy bra dressing, (whatever the style)

Caty.

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

I have a few bralettes Caty, I don’t wear them often because I don’t like how they role up on the bottom because of my belly extension. The one I do wear the most has a hook and eye razor back and it doesn’t roll up as much.

Sherri

I am familiar with the company that you are referring to in your article.  I have several of their bralettes.  Very comfortable, affordable and they have many feminine styles, lots to choose from.  I find the bralette a nice alternative to a bra when I am doing casual tasks around the house.

Good morning Caty!

I underdress almost every workday and sometimes on the weekend. It’s my primary crossdressing outlet.
      What I’m wearing depends on what time of year it is. Wearing a bra is a big part of this. I’ve been wearing bralettes and small triangle bras for years for the same reasons you expressed. They don’t give me the same “hug” as a regular full cup underwire bra , but I’m always aware I’m wearing one. I have casual cotton ones and sexy lacy ones also. This winter I purchased what I feel is a cross between and regular bra and bralette and a sports bra. It’s a Haines comfort series bra with soft cups that fit my “girls “ perfectly . It’s clasps in the back but is very low profile and the adjustment loops are in the front where they don’t show. It’s very comfortable and even a little sexy. I’ll soon be purchasing more. for me nothin says girl like wearing a bra and panties

Natalie 💋💋💋💋

Leah
      Baroness

I love bralettes, I am not a fan of the full size bra’s but like the regular cup ones (36b and lower )  The bralettes are great as they typically do not have back hooks or adjusters to show the telltale signs . Plus they feel very comfortable

Meredith
      Lady

Pardon my confusion, but are we talking bralette or sports bra?

Caty Ryan
        Baroness

Hi Meredith,

I dont own any sports bras, so the best I can offer is, I think bralettes look similar to sports bras, but the latter are designed to give much greater support when women are (obviously!!!!) playing sport.

Bralettes are made of much less supportive fabric, but “still do the job”

Other girls who own both styles may care to comment

Caty

Meredith
          Lady

That’s what I thought, Caty ; but it struck me some of our British and Ausie sisters may call a bralette what we call a sports bra. Rather like tights versus pantyhose. No idea what they call tights. Opaque tights maybe? Anyway, I wasn’t sure if it was purely me or the language.

Caty Ryan
            Baroness

Hi Meredith

No idea what they call tights.

I’ve have a go.. Tight fitting on our legs? Otherwise they would fall down…

Caty.

To clear up a language confusion: knickers r panties, tights r pantyhose (not somethimg opaque) and a bralette is definitely not a sports bra but that lovely, lacy, 5 hook and eye, this girl steps into.

Kimmie
          Lady

I have both. Your description of the intended purpose of sports bras is correct. Given that purpose, however, they tend to be plain. The joy of bralettes to me are the lacy details and more feminine appearance.

I wear bralettes every time I can.  I do take the padding out to make sure it doesn’t look like I am wearing something.  Not familiar w/ what brand you are referring to, but I wear some I got at Wal-Mart in Canada last year and I’m planning on getting some more when I am up there later this month.

Anonymous

Hi Caty….Try the slip-on bralette by Carol Wright…I’ve got a couple of them in size 44A that I got from Amazon, and I like the look and feel of them.I forgot to add that I have the racerback style.

Rachael

Definitely racer back, definitely bralettes (or longline athletic). I, too, am supporting moobs.

I have several bralettes …i love them!

Harriette
      Lady

Yesterday, I went Mother’s Day shopping for my wife. I wore what you would probably call a bralette because I wore one of my mother’s white, cable knit sweaters that was snug fitting. I added the smallest breasts forms, so that I wouldn’t be too noticeable and bulge too much. Formed cups would have made my chest bigger, for sure.

I took public transit the whole way and it was fairly busy because it was a beautiful sunny day. I only noticed one woman who looked in my direction, but she was wearing sunglasses, so I couldn’t tell if she was staring.

The goal was to go to a lingerie store and buy a nice bamboo material sleep shirt. I approached two sales clerks and showed them what I wanted on my phone. Easy peasy.

Then she asked if there was anything else that I needed and I said yes and said that I wanted a crewneck T-shirt for myself and we picked out my size. She asked if I wanted to try it on and I said no, since it was large enough for sure. It was.

When paying for it, she mentioned the return policy and I said that I was getting good at judging sizes and we smiled at each other knowingly.

All the while I had no cover, just a snug sweater. It was comfortable not being to large, not drawing more attention than I wanted, and I didn’t get too hot. However, I will get the smallest forms and an A-cup bra and a smaller cup bralette to be used without forms, just me.

Thanks for leading me to this adventure.

Harriette –

What a lovely experience for you.  Hope you have more like that.

XOXO
        Suzanne

Harriette
          Lady

If we want or need something, we have to express ourselves clearly enough to make it happen.

Today, for example, I was in The GAP and saw that they had a bralette on sale for half price. I dug through the pile to find my likely size and saw that my wife was busy elsewhere. I wasn’t going to bother her, so I went to a cashier and paid. The cashier seemed a bit “off”, so I didn’t carry on any banter with her.

Later, I was in a new chain of UK eyeglasses in Canada. I wanted to learn more about the business and I happened to pair up with a female sales clerk. The male clerk seemed disinterested. After a couple of minutes I motioned her to move away from other customers and quietly confided in her that I was a crossdresser looking for lady’s framed glasses. Her face lit up a bit and was very helpful and gave me a bunch of tips.

The point is that it is partially up to us what kind of experiences we get and 100% up to us what we give.

I love my bralettes, I’ve got several from VS, kinda spoiled on this brand, I know it’s expensive but hey, a girl wants what she wants and what makes her feel sexy! Luckily also I can fit in my wife’s, but she said that if I was going to wear one then it should be mine so we went and bought several with matching panties!

Robin
      Lady

I’m all about bralettes. I’m kindof a stringbean and I feel like a bralette is absolutely what I’d wear every day if I was cis. A nice convergence 🙂

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?