Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Breakfast is already said to be the most important meal of the day. Experts now believe eating it at the crack of dawn could help you live longer. Early research found eating late at night increases the risk of developing type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Researchers tracked 34,000 Americans aged 40 for several decades. Results found those that ate breakfast between 6.00am & and 8.00am were 6% less likely to die prematurely from major illnesses like heart disease & cancer, than those that ate at 8.00am, & 12% less risk of early death than those who first  ate at 10am. Skipping breakfast or eating late disrupts the body’s food clock that controls feeding – related hormones such as insulin. Hormones helps burn up glucose in the bloodstream, eating later may mean the body gradually makes less insulin causing glucose levels to rise leading to diabetes, obesity & heart disease. So ladies do you eat early or are you  one those that skips breakfast entirely, or eat late?.

Lol Amanda xx

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Amanda .

I eat a little breakfast at about 07:00 hours before I go to work in the morning.
      Then only beverages until 12:00 hours when I have lunch.

Love Sylvia.

Anonymous

Sensible Sylvia

Anonymous
      Lady

So fasting is bad?

I only eat breakfast on the weekends… eggs and bacon… yum!

Anonymous

I wouldn’t say fasting for long periods regularly or dieting with out medical and nutritional support be recommended to anyone. Bacon and eggs sounds good though Michelle, LOL Amanda xx

Anonymous
          Lady

Hi Amanda

At my age with my slow metabolism, even though I stay active, fasting is the only way I can control my weight. I only lose a few pounds and bounce up and down within ten pounds so no big change really. Its easy after your stomach shrinks a bit and then you only need smaller portions.

I only fast for weight but we know fasting is required with many religions.

If you wait a minute you can probably read another article that proposes the exact opposite of what you quoted.

Anonymous

Things change all the time Michelle the body is a complex study.

Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Hello honey…xx.

I only eat breakfast on my days off, usually between 8 and 9. This is usually cereal or toast with thick marmalade….or the great treat of a bacon sarnie………just a couple of coffee’s when I am working.

I don’t eat late, it tends to just lie there and make me feel uncomfortable…..a cup of hot chocolate before bed is all I need!!

Grace 💓💓

Anonymous

What? Only breakfast on your days off, but six breakfasts a week then that’s good sweetie 😂😂😂, LOL Amanda xx

I always breakfast 1st thing, and I rise at 6am most days.

Not really through choice, but through child drop off and work shifts – but I have always been up before 7am, and can’t get my brain in gear until I’ve eaten and had a cup of tea. Never coffee.

Breakfast is usually a large bowl of high bran cereal with fruit and nuts, and often fruit juice and additional fresh fruits.

It’s all my stomach can take – unless I am in a hotel, in which case, the nearest I can get to a full English breakfast, while staying vegetarian, so eggs, beans, toast, tomatoes, mushrooms, hash browns, vegetarian sausages, halloumi, pastries… I can eat for England when it comes to an English!!!

After a large breakfast, coffee is essential to prevent me going back to bed to sleep it off…🤣🤣🤣

But only in hotels, reason being, probably, because it’s there…

Love Laura

Anonymous

That’s a very healthy breakfast, and the cereal one is not bad either 😂😂 Laura, LOL Amanda xx

Anonymous

On weekends always eating breakfast Sometimes do cook breakfast for dinner but no diabates for this girl.

Donna

Krista
      Duchess

Oh Amanda, now you are making me rethink my diet.  I have been intermittent fasting  (not eating between 7 pm and 11 am) and it is helpful in losing weight, which is a good thing.  But based on your advice, I shall forgo that meal plan and try to eat a small healthy meal first thing in the morning and then a small healthy lunch.  Where I mess up my diet is at supper; the food is healthy but the quantity is too great.  Healthy portion sizes are supposed to fit in the palm of your hand; yikes that just doesn’t work for me at supper.  I love cooking and I love food too much to deprive myself. Being happy is also important for a long life.  I’m counting on the healthy foods I consume to assist notwithstanding the large portion size.  Thanks for the good advice Amanda, Have a lovely week.  Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Hi Krista, I’m sure many of us skip meals sweetie, or eat to suit our day’s activities. But this is as a good survey and each meal and content was meticulously recorded along with the with meal times. What it shows is we are never really aware of possibly consequences of our actions medically.

Lol Amanda xx

Paula
      Lady

I have an active/physical  job so breakfast is very important to me. I usually eat around 3:30-4 am and it starts with 2 eggs along with 4-6 oz of egg whites 85g of spinach 85g of cauliflower and a whole avocado. Mix it all together and it holds me till about 8am. Then little snack every 3 hours.

Anonymous

Hi Paula, I would have to substitute spinach for broccoli other wise good to go. Lol Amanda

Peta Mari
      Lady

16 to 18 hours fasting is good for the body. It drives down insulin resistance.

There is a “Omad” movement. One meal a day. Others create a 6 hour grazing window in the day.

I have been doing keto for some years. High fat.(70% of diet.) Moderate protein. (20%) low carbs. (10%) when on it, I tend to naturally skip meals because I’m not hungry.

I broke my protocols the other day. Breads. Sausage Roll. And Chiko Roll. And Vanilla Slice.

It threw me out of ketosis, and left me craving carbs big time for a few days. And feeling like crap.

Anonymous

Hi Mary Jane, my I enquire are you medically checked out before you start on Kato,, and subsequently periodically while on it?

Lol Amanda xx

Peta Mari
          Lady

Lets see. Medically checked out.

I lost 45kg in 18 months after starting Keto. I was 120 when I started, and went down to 75kg.

I have been a lifelong chronic asthmatic. I went of all asthma meds, 7 months after starting.

My allergies significantly reduced. And so did joint pain. And my chronic fatigue is almost completely gone. (I suffer bad fatigue after eating high carbs)

Whats your thoughts about medically checking out?

Anonymous

Hi Mary Jane, my thoughts on medically being check out. Obviously I think every one should be checked pre – diet, to make sure they haven’t got any underline health problems, and to make sure any action they undertake is appropriate nutritionally for them. I’m a quadruple stroke survivor, so meals are aligned to medication, or damage can be done to the stomach if not. I do have other things too, which sadly goes with the territory of medications, so I do think nutritional support and check ups are vital,  essential if you are medically ill, and safer over all generally.

Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Hi Amanda

Very thought provoking monday to friday breakfast is 6.00 am a large bowl of Porridge.

10.30am an orange and a sandwich

1.30 pm Lunch an apple another sandwich

6.00pm  dinner

11.00pm pork pie or scotch egg & crisps followed by Turkish delight

Weekends breakfast at 10.00am sugar puffs and eating throughout the day.

I am a lucky person I’ve been 11 – 11.5 stone for 30 years.

I also have a bottle of real ale for supper every night.

I think it really depends on your own metabolism, my body just burns it off Iknow some people just are not as lucky.

Love Sarah

xx

Anonymous

Hi Sarah, absolutely right it does greatly depend on ones metabolism, you certainly sound like one of the lucky ones, lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Sarah ..love the sound of the weekday 11.00 pm shift….but it would probably keep me up all night..

…can we move it to 7.00p pm??? Haha xx

Not once in my adult life have I skipped breakfast. If it comes down to being late or skipping breakfast, I go with being late every time.

It’s an absolute must for good health and fave meal of the day.

Also morning is the only time of day I am consistently hungry.

Anonymous

I agree with you Jenny, breakfast is so important. LOL Amanda xx

My biological clock is very far off from normal. Having been a DJ for so many years it’s not bedtime until 5am, sleep until noon and then rise for a normal, albeit late, day.

My favorite breakfast, about 1pm, is sausage, egg, tomato, onion and cheese with mayo on wheat toast. Occasionally substitute a bowl of corn flakes. Lunch, about 5pm, is a sandwich or salad. Dinner at 10pm, a variety of hot meals, mostly involving pasta.

I too have found cooking for fewer is problematic. Recipes are mostly for 4 servings and cooking less actually is more expensive. My solution is to double the recipe and split the results into multiple servings. Some go to the refrigerator and some to the freezer. Thus I have several ready made meals ready to heat and eat.

🍽🍳🍜

Beth

Anonymous

Exactly as I do Beth …I usually cook up 2 or 3 meals at once, and 1 or 2 go into the freezer…..sometimes it’s just not possible to buy ” one girl ” portions

…….unless you are counting packets of ” multi produced, chemically enhanced, salt and sugar saturated, microwavable mush”….yes, you guessed it….not a fan of ready meals !!🤣🤣🤣

Anonymous

Ugh, I hate those things too, Grace. My wife keeps bringing them home, I keep tossing them out.

Jillian

Anonymous

Well done Jillian…straight in the bin and miss out the middle man…middle girl!!!

I agree. Manufactured ready to eat meals are the equivalent to McDonald’s. Fast, easy and unhealthy. Also more expensive. The only packaged meal I stock in the cupboard is Ramen noodles, cheap but still loaded with salt and preservatives. Good for days when not feeling well.

🍜❤

Beth

Anonymous
      Lady

I have to ask…. what exactly is porridge? Makes me think of Goldilocks and the bears… lol

Anonymous

Hi Michelle,

Porridge is basically oats and water – or milk – mixed up and heated. It’s very filling and quite healthy, although most people add sugar or honey or … Whatever

Growing up, it was standard winter breakfast fare in our house.

Marti xxx

Anonymous
          Lady

Thanks Marti.

In the US I’ve always known what you call porridge as simply oatmeal.

Some reason I always had in my mind porridge as a steaming bowl of soup consisting of some type of fowl. Live and learn.

Anonymous

Research like this is an interesting topic and I have learned to critically examine it.

Who funded the research? Was it something that has a vested interest in us eating breakfast?

What was the scope of the research? A large pool or a small pool? A longer period of time or relatively small one?

What did they compare their results to? A control group or the general population?

Examine the research carefully and draw your own conclusions.

As for me, well I worked overnights for decades so my internal clock is on permanent daylight savings time. I’d come home at 5am, sleep at 6am and wake in the afternoon, so breakfast was about when most people eat dinner.

Now that I’m retired, breakfast is after I deliver my granddaughter to school about 8am and is usually a smoothie from fresh fruit and greek yogurt.

Damn, now I’m hungry.

Hugs, Jillian

Anonymous

Hi Amanda,

My diet is simpler. Eat less food. And cook your own meals, that way you know what’s gone into it.

It works !!!

Ok if you are worried about diabetes, also stay away from salt and sugar and processed food as much as you can.

I can feel a ‘but’ coming on. Alcohol. Has. Calories. It can ruin the best dietary lifestyles lol.

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Home cooking and fresh vegetables straight out the garden Can’t better be that Marti.

Amanda xx

Anonymous

LOL steph anyone can do it if they want to. gets easier each day and week.  Today my one week post op and feeling pretty good. pass the bacon hehe.

Anonymous

Hi Stephanie, I think a lot of people find it hard to adjust their  volume of cooking when the household shrinks. it’s also easy to not want to waste food. I ‘m sure in the future young school children  will reference the “battle of the bulge” in history as Stephanie Plumb’ s wobble fight, as the real ” battle of the Bulge” the German offensive in the world  war 2, would be  air brushed  out or re-written or simply not taught.

Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Stephanie you are going to have,  to have a serious conversation with “him” sweetie. LOL Amanda xx

Anonymous
      Lady

Thanks Stephanie

Here, porridge is simply called oatmeal. Maybe because Quaker Oat brand is the most popular… idk.

I have never known anyone to keep leftover oatmeal… I just toss it out.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?