- April 18, 2021 at 11:45 pm #480954Brandie NocholeParticipantRegistered On: October 6, 2020Topics: 31Replies: 50Has thanked: 432 timesBeen thanked: 692 times
I was chatting with a friend about my going out as Supergirl she asked if I had a favorite bra yet. I told her yes and the size it was 40c. Turns out she use to be a bra fitter and suggested me to try a 38B it would fit better and a B would be more realistic for my slim figure. I picked one up today and would you know it she was right. I tried my rice in a nylon sock breasts I made for the C up bra( I put 2 1lb bags of rice in a nylon stocking and it worked.) So how much would I need to add to make a B cup filler? Talking out loud I would think 1/2 but I dunno if i did it right the first time. thanks in advance.
- May 3, 2021 at 5:44 pm #487362Eileen BachBaronessRegistered On: February 27, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 59Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 243 times
Perfectly measured rice makes the right cup size. If only that were true! Discounting silicone forms for some time in the future, measure out the size you’d like to be. Then buy a bra that fits, just like real women have to do. Expert bra fitters can’t choose their client’s bust size.
Certain types of bird seed might not compact as tightly as rice and therefore allow more movement. I suppose that might be true. Beware of birds though, ask Tippi Hedron. Look her up ladies and you’ll get the joke.
The elusive ‘real feel’ is impossible to achieve. You can become more confidant in your appearance choosing a bust form and size that you like.
- This reply was modified 1 week ago by Eileen Bach.
- May 2, 2021 at 8:19 pm #486990DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 56Replies: 545Has thanked: 3875 timesBeen thanked: 2163 times
- May 2, 2021 at 2:30 am #486614Simone CLadyRegistered On: January 23, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 173Has thanked: 57 timesBeen thanked: 645 times
Have to agree with everyone below who said it: get forms and never look back. There is nothing more feminine than the jiggle as you walk, or the way they will deform if you bump into something or hold something to your breast. When you lean forward they lean forward too, and they give a much more natural shape than rice or lentils (I used to use cous cous, flour kept leaking and rice/lentils were too coarse). Water balloons are not really great, they want to be round and so stick out in a strange way.
Nope, definitely need forms!
- May 2, 2021 at 7:01 pm #486953Brandie NocholeLadyRegistered On: October 6, 2020Topics: 31Replies: 50Has thanked: 432 timesBeen thanked: 692 times
- May 3, 2021 at 7:59 am #487135Simone CLadyRegistered On: January 23, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 173Has thanked: 57 timesBeen thanked: 645 times
LOL, had that too! I took a pair of forms and backed them with light towel material. Gave a little breathing space and something to absorb any “glow” (as in horses sweat, gentlemen perspire and ladies glow if you’ve heard that). They won’t stick on after that obviously, but with the right bra they work great.
Good tip on the bra fitting, took me a while to get the concept that cup and band size are interrelated too, seemed not logical but there we are. And the infuriating thing that e.g. a 38B from Wacoal and a 38B from La Perla will not be the same size!
- April 21, 2021 at 9:11 am #481951HariettaLadyRegistered On: December 13, 2016Topics: 100Replies: 240Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 1299 times
Use a measuring cup. My old standby still works great. I filled the space between fabric layers of a pretty, skin tone 38-C bra with 1+1/2 cups of red lentils. And I have a stash of high protein food for the first week of the apocalypse!
As and aside, a bra fitter once advised me that no woman has symmetrical boobies.
- April 21, 2021 at 7:06 am #481894Ashley KonnersLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 230Has thanked: 893 timesBeen thanked: 890 times
- April 20, 2021 at 8:24 pm #481748AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 16Has thanked: 37 timesBeen thanked: 39 times
HI Brandi found this might help
- April 20, 2021 at 7:42 pm #481733LadyRegistered On: October 6, 2020Topics: 31Replies: 50Has thanked: 432 timesBeen thanked: 692 times
- April 19, 2021 at 8:19 am #481077Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 131Has thanked: 290 timesBeen thanked: 542 times
- April 19, 2021 at 8:14 am #481073Samantha RoarkeAmbassadorRegistered On: April 17, 2019Topics: 47Replies: 1552Has thanked: 5567 timesBeen thanked: 3510 times
- April 20, 2021 at 5:33 am #481455MelanieElizabethLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 120Has thanked: 256 timesBeen thanked: 663 times
I agree with Samantha. There really is no substitute for breast forms in my opinion. I used to stuff socks into a bra, never really got the results i was looking for. Silicone forms are a game changer. Totally worth the investment.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.