Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I have been using breast forms for only a couple months. Haven’t worn them in public. Only for some photos so they’ve been gently used. The backside is less sticky and I was wondering what is the best and easiest way to add tackiness to them. I’ve seen tape and glue but I would want something that easily removes since I don’t wear them all day.

“Adapt” brand medical adhesive works well for me.  They also make a remover that eliminates the stickiness after removing your forms.

😉 K

I will look into that brand. Thanks so much

It’s aka Hollister.

🙂

K

Thanks so much

Hi Kelli I got some of that Hollister adhesive and it’s been a bit of a nightmare.  I expected it to spray as a mist and leave tackiness but it comes out in a stream and, while very sticky never seems to really dry and is is basically impossible to clean up with the Hollister adhesive remover or Goo Gone or anything.  Am I doing something wrong or do you think I have have a bad spray can or something?

Emily Alt
            Managing Ambassador

Hollister is decent adhesive but I don’t like it for the same reason as you.  A workaround is to spray a small amount very close to your form and use a makeup brush to spread it around.  Do this multiple times until you’ve covered your forms.  Also, a thin layer that’s cured for 5+ minutes works best for adhesion and goo removal.

Great tip. Thanks Emily.

Sorry Jessica.  I follow the instructions precisely and have never had an issue with it.  You have to clean skin with alcohol before applying adhesive.  I apply adhesive with gauze square and then let it dry for the stated amount of time before attaching the form.  I use the remover to clean any residue from skin after taking forms off.  Best of luck!

K

Same for me, it’s a mess and when spraying it also creates som threads in the air. But it’s keeping the forms in place even under the shower. It was the recommendation when I bought my Amolux forms andI’m afraid to try others which might damage my forms.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

As others have mentioned, Hollister is a decent adhesive.  Since it’s a spray, it’s difficult to control how much is applied, and it makes a mess.

I’ve had much better experience with Telesis 8 by PPI.  It’s adhesive properties are superior to Hollister and everything else I’ve tried.  It comes in a bottle and is applied with a small brush.  One application will last several shorter duration wearings (hours) or one long one (days).  The stuff is amazing.  It’s the defacto standard in the film industry for special effects makeup pros.

You gals are awesome!

The BreastForm Store sells tape and tac swipe pads. They work well. I suggest using baby oil to remove from your skin and the residue on the forms.

Alanna

Caty Ryan
        Baroness

“I second Alanna’s motion”. Tho’ I own two other sets of (upscale) forms, my Gold Seal forms from the Breast Form Store, attached with the double sided tapes and skin tac wipes are my “go to’s” when I’m out in public. (As in twice in the last week, going bra shopping… But that’s a CDH article for another day)

They will stay on for at least 36hours should you wish to do so, even in the shower. But any longer than that and your “poor old pecs” may need a rest.

My other two lots are in fact self adhesive, bur wont sty on braless… (Not much fun if you are trying to do a bra fitting….LOL

Caty

Anna Beth
      Lady

I use Hold Up Body Adhesive Premium from Amazon it can keep the forms on while you put your bra on if you hurry and careful. It won’t hold the forms up without a bra, but sticky enough to move with your body and not move with your bra and feel like having your own breast. Easy to wash off with little soap and water.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?