Viewing 17 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Chrissie Smith
      Baroness

Hi ladies. I’ve been with the forum for a few weeks now and I’m finding it extremely cathartic to open up about a part of my sexuality that I’ve never revealed to anyone before.

In June I have the opportunity to to dress as a woman for a week after a hiatus of 35+ years. I’ve posted on this elsewhere. Interesting that the desire never wanes! I’m having so much fun trying to choose an outfit and am so excited! I’ll be ordering everything online and I keep coming up against dilemmas. I’ll probably have to lose everything afterwards and this may be a complete one off, so I want to get it right.

My specific question here is about breast forms. I’d love to have a bit of shape to my boobs. Given the timescales I don’t want to be spending silly money on silicone. Just looking for something maybe foam based and reasonably priced that I can slip inside my bra instead of the classic socks or pants(!), to give me that feminine form. Could one of you girls enlighten me as to the available options? Any recommendations for a reliable supplier with a prompt delivery? Ideally UK based. Incidentally despite my large frame I’m not so keen on large boobs. Small to medium will be fine. How do you girls feel about breast size?

While I’m here I’ve just learned that women’s shoe sizes are different from men’s. When did this become a thing? Can anyone shed any light on this. Obviously no outfit is complete without a nice pair of heels and I’d really like them to fit. Going to be enough of a challenge walking in them after all this time. What heel size do you think I should go for?

Thanks and kisses girls.

J J
      Lady

The quick and cheap option is to fill knee high nylon stockings with bird seed or rice. You add or subtract filler to get just the right size, and the knot can project as a nice, firm nipple if so desired. Just don’t go anywhere with a lot of pigeons. 😘

I don’t know about UK shipping, but a US company called supergel international makes inexpensive gel or foam breast forms and their US shipping is quick. I have/had three of their forms and have been very happy with them for the price. Sure, they are not as good a $600 German made forms but for about $100 they are fine.

Look on Ebay for AMOENA breast forms. 3s is a very full shape. I have saved a fortune on new without tags. Or gently worn. You can also find AMOENA pocket bras at a fraction of the cost. Beware it’s addictive I have forms from 40A to 40DD it just depends on my mood. Happy Shopping love
      Kelly Ann Marie Hutchinson

Anonymous

You’ve got a lot of discovery to go, Chrissie.

Women’s clothing sizes are completely different than men’s. Why? To make cross dressers lives more difficult. As a beginner, start with heels in the 3-4 inch range. How does that convert to UK height?

Clothing sites provide a size chart. With careful and honest measurements, you might get a size to start working with. I always suggest wearing separates. Dresses are hard to fit on a large, male frame. Blouses, tunics, and skirts will add more variety at less cost.

Finally getting to the boobie question. Eventually, you’ll buy the more expensive forms as they feel more ‘authentic’, so I’m told. Bird seed, rice, with a bit of lead bird shot to add weight, all work well to give yourself an idea of what size you’d like to be. Foam padding from a fabric store is an option to experiment with. These options will cost less than the bras you will buy.

Regarding breast form size, you may need a bit larger than you think. You said that you have a large frame. What can happen is that smaller cup sizes can just get lost on a larger frame. A strategy might be to buy 2 or 3 cheap bras in various cup sizes and experiment with the aforementioned stockings and rice or bird seed.

Shoe sizes are a bit loose as there are no standards. Clothing is similar, but even more inconsistent. There are sizing and conversion charts online that cover US, UK, European and Asian sizing.

In US men’s sizing, I wear a 9 1/2 to 10. My longer foot is 10 7/16 inches. From the various charts, this translates to a US women’s size 11. However, depending upon which chart you are looking at, a US women’s size 11 can be anywhere from 10 3/8 inches to 10 5/8 inches. I haven’t the slightest guess as to why.

One other thing to remember is that women’s feet tend narrower and may have different instep heights. Even if the sizing was the same numerically, you would have to account for the differences in bulk.

Regarding clothes, undergarments and shoe sizing, stores and manufacturers often have sizing charts on their web sites.

Also, some members buy from the Chinese sites. Their sizing is VERY inconsistent and tends to be undersized. Let The Buyer Beware!

Hi Chrissie  I haven’t used my forms for quite a while  ,found if I want to create a ‘nice pair to to large ‘ I wear my ego boost bras (padded ) and insert what are known as chicken fillets ,this combination give me a lovely pair of firm breasts ,during the day time as I am secret cd  and only underdress ,I wear an ordinary  B cup bra and again with the fillets which give me just enough breast not to be to noticeable but a lovely feeling .    Michelle xx

Hi Michelle! I’ve read several times on CDH about using “chicken fillets” as forms in bras. What are they and where do you get them? I’m thinking that you don’t mean fillets from a real chickens, or do you? If so do you use them raw or cooked? I am so puzzled, as you can tell and fell kind of stupid asking. . Best, Marlene.

Hi Marlene,  You can get the fillets at any JOANN Fabric  and Craft Store.  They come in thin or thick and cost $20-$30 for pair.  I use them a lot in show and dance costumes.  If you watch the JOANN’s site you can sometimes get a 30% to 60% off coupon to get an even better deal.  They are sold under the name of June Tailor Beautiful You Breast Enhancers.  I hope that helps you.  Marg

Thanks Marge for a most informative reply. I would not have guessed that JOANN would have breast enhancers. Best, Marlene.

Ah ha!  Now you’ve learned where the dressmakers and designers go to build the perfect formal for the Miss Whatever Contest.  JOANN’s has a wide selection of other useful parts too.    Good Shopping,  Marg

Or, you can buy them at the local butcher shop. They sell for about $ 6.99 a pound and you can get whatever thickness you think you want.  I use them a lot in salads.  They never ever have coupons however. You can trim them when you get home. They go under the name “ fresh chicken”

Marg is probably onto something more up your alley but thought I would chime in with an alternative in the event that other place was out of ‘stock’.

I prefer to cook mine on the bbq. If I get hungry  during the day, I can eat my way from a DD to a C in about Ten minutes, fill my hunger and still have nice breasts. Hardest part is getting them the same size when eating.

Now if you happen to fancy bullet bras( yep they are real, Google it), you can just stop by the local Dollar store and pick up a couple of plastic funnels that will fit the bill.

or, you could take the advice here from other less insane girls who probably have never taken any of my suggestions seriously for good reason. ( I really need to get the air pressure in my head checked.)

good luck

Jill

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Jill Lacey.
      Lucy Bancroft
      Ambassador

Hi Chrissie,

I can’t help much with the breast forms.
      Mine are silicone, and as you’ve said, that would be quite an expense for a week if you think they will be disposed of.

As for shoes, well yes they are pretty varied.
      I’m UK based. I’m a size 8 with not particularly wide feet, but again, as others have said, womens feet tend to be narrower.
      Good places to try would be M&S and Next. Both do click and collect.
      Like a lot of people I’ve got one foot slightly smaller than the other.
      This doesn’t bother me with mens lace up shoes, but it does make wearing court shoes interesting!
      I’ve found that court shoe heels with a strap work well for me.
      So I’ve got a 7 1/2 wide fit pair from M&S which are great, and a size 8 pair of Mary Jane heels from Next.
      The Next pair are also more of a block heel, which feel more stable and may work ok for you if you’ve not tried to walk in heels for a long while.
      As for height, then again, if you’ve not walked in heels in ages then above 3 inches might be a challenge.
      My first pair were bought from Amazon. I forgot to even check heel height. They turned out to be 4.75 inches.
      Fine for some people, but I nearly broke an ankle just trying to walk out of the room.
      Hope this helps

Lucy xx

Kathleen
      Duchess

When I very first began I used water balloons in double ziplock bags. Cheap and disposable available anywhere. You will be much happier with silicone forms when you get the chance however. Enjoy

Three inch heels if you plan on walking in public for any length of time. A rule of thumb is the difference in shoe sizes are 2 sizes. A  womens 12 is a males 1o in a closed toe shoe. If the shoe is strapped front and back, a womens 11 will work as a males 10, usually.Anything higher than 3” will look out of place unless you are going clubbing. As for boobs, balloons filled with flour, bird seed, or powder will do the trick fora short period.. Don’t use water or any liquid.

if you are a large frame, you should probably go to D breast bras. Measure around your chest just under your nips. If it measures 44” for example, you’ll want a 44D bra.

have fun!

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Jill Lacey.

Luckily where I buy me shoes from eg. Asda/Walmart ladies size 8 are the same as men’s. Forms are expensive but definitely worth the money. When in my pocket bras they move about when walking or dancing feel I assume like the real thing!

Leah
      Baroness

go to truekare.com  I have bought a few pair of forms from them.  very reasonable

1. On breast forms. Like many, I’ve used socks. They work great if you get a bra that is very firm and doesn’t require the forms to create the shape. There are lots of online videos that show how to take old nylons and make a pair of breast forms with rice or bird seed. I did this, but I used some very small plastic beads I found at a craft store. They’re the kind of thing you might see in a flower arrangement to hold stems in. This way they won’t get ruined if they get wet. As a general rule, I always find that smaller is better with breasts when it comes to looking natural. I think just about everybody starts out with something too big and finds later they look much nicer going smaller. That’s a matter of personal preference of course, but in my judgement, nothing screams “cross dresser” louder than breasts that are too big.

2. On shoe sizing. European sizing is the same for men and women. US and UK sizes are different from each other and vary for men and women. My experience also suggests that different brands are different all across the board, though euro sizing seems to be the most consistent. Whenever I order shoes online, I follow the size chart and make sure returns are easy. If you can’t try it on before you buy, that’s about the best you can hope for. The main thing is to be patient and not wait till the last minute (before an important event or outing or whatever) before buying shoes.

3. On heel height. Shorter heels are easier to walk in as a beginner, but for me, the biggest difference is not the height as much as the type of heel. All other things being equal, a chunky heel is easier than a spike. My recommendation for a first time heel would be something under 3.5 inches with a chunkier heal. The first time I bought heels that really fit (i.e., ordered online rather than trying to make a secretive thrift store purchase work) I purchased two pairs, one somewhat more casual pair with a chunky heel and the other a more formal pair with a spike (lost both in my last purge and still missing them). After an evening in the chunky heels, it was a relatively easy jump to wear the spikes. There are lots of heel tutorials online, and they can be very helpful, but the main thing is just practice. Just go for a walk, pay attention to how smooth or rough the ground is, use hand rails on the stairs, and have fun!

Chrissie Smith
        Baroness

Thanks Sarah for your comprehensive reply. I’ve got a lot to think about, trying to put together a complete outfit and makeup just for for a week of dressing. But so exciting! I’m all of a quiver just thinking about it. This could be a complete one off after so many years of abstinence so I’d like to get it as good as I can. I’ll probably have to dump everything I buy but heck for the first time in my life I can afford it and I deserve this. I’ll take loads of pics and videos which I’ll always have to remind me of what I hope will be a wonderful week. I may post some pictures but probably haven’t got the confidence to show my face 🙁.

Kisses, Chrissie.

Julie
      Lady

If your gonna just crossdress. I’d buy 50 dollar silicone boobs from Ebay or Amazon. Also you can but sandals or flip flops. You do not need heels to complete a outfit unless your talking about a gala party dress.

Hi Chrissie

Firstly when you get your time to dress make sure you take the time to enjoy it, don’t rush yourself and take some time just sitting all dressed and enjoy…….

As for boobs, if you will be unable to keep them my advice is get an old or cheap pair of tights, cut the feet off and fill with bird seed. Get the small seed from a supermarket. You may have to experiment a little. Put your bra on pour some seed into one of the ‘feet’ and place it in your bra, you may need to put more or less in. Then when you have got it right tie it off and cut off the excess. Then weigh it on a kitchen scale and fill the other foot to the same weight, tie off and you’re done. Not as good a silicon but it will add shape and weight without the expense……. Good luck…..

Hi Chrissie   Being an older girl E-Bay is a great place to look for breast forms at an inexpensive price, I bought my first pair of forms a few months ago and am already looking for another set. Another way is get some foam rubber measure across your boobs and just cut a circle and put them in to your bra and like others have said try a couple different type’s of bra’s because they do fit differently.  I’m not able to wear heels as much as I would like to but you can get some really cute kitten heels or block heels not as high but will still give your calf’s some definition.  And like some have said try to find a place to keep your clothes hidden, your excited to go to your outing and after you will want to re-live your fun time and take it from someone who has purged her clothes more then a few, I am so sad I did. I had some really nice things that I will never find again.  Have a GREAT time and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

For years when I was deeeeep in the closet I would take a beige round balloon and fill it with a water/ air combo to mimick  the female breast.  If it chafed, I would put it in a thin sock.    Since being out, I bought a pair of A cup size forms here on site for $35.  I often wear a small form as I feel they make a senior look a little more like a younger woman.  The expensive part is the A cup bra with a large (44”) band size.  I got mine from LittleWomen.com   , a British  company  specializing  in small cup, larger bands.  Price $32 plus shipping.

Chrissie Smith
      Baroness

Thank you so much girls for your comprehensive responses. Some really innovative ideas regarding boobs. I’m not going to shell out for an expensive pair of silicone shapes just for a week of dressing, so I’ll see which of your suggestions work for me.

I’ve read a lot in this forum about the purge/rebuy cycle and I appreciate those of you saying I shouldn’t dump all my lovely clothes. But I’m looking at this week in June as a complete one off. I may never have another opportunity, but I can’t imagine a circumstance where I can hang on to any of my purchases. There would just be the constant anxiety that my SO would come across my stash.

I’m retired and financially comfortable for the first time in my life and I deserve this so I’m planning to really push the boat out. I’m having so much fun trying to finalise my outfit and I can’t wait. If it all has to go then so be it. I’ll have plenty of pics and videos to comfort me in my dotage. And I’ve also got a professional transformation booked for that week. I will experience nervousness, embarrassment, thrills and confusion all at the same time after so long.

I’ll probably bore all you girls to death when the week arrives. Treat me gently.

Kisses, Chrissie.

You know, there are many places that rent lockers to keep stuff in, bus terminals, train stations, storage places. I’d hate to see you toss all your stuff. I did that so many times years ago it would make you sick. I bet I tossed 100 pairs of shoes, sexy as heck, hose, skirts, tops, bras, wigs, the list goes on. Get a membership to the local ymca. They have lockers you can keep your stuff in.

good luck,

Jill

Chrissie, remember when getting shoes, if they are too small, no matter how sexy they look, you will be in constant pain which will take away all the fun, not to mention, useless for walking in because your feet hurt so much. Walking from the hallway to the bedroom is one thing. Walking in town from the car to the store and in the store is another matter. Maybe buy a pair from a second time around shop first before spending more on expensive shoes. I spent a small fortune on shoes that didn’t fit and my feet feel like it thirty years later. They sure were sexy, and sure were too small.
      shoe shoe mega have lots of shoes in larger sizes online. Remember a woman’s 12 is a man’s 10. Mas o menos.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?