- September 22, 2021 at 4:14 pm #546863Alice UnderwireParticipantRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 88Replies: 4310Has thanked: 5795 timesBeen thanked: 10155 times
- September 23, 2021 at 11:19 pm #547461Michelle BaileyLadyRegistered On: July 17, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 164Has thanked: 7480 timesBeen thanked: 756 times
Hi girls my wife and I went to the Rising concert at one of the premier division football grounds in south London ,before the Boss came on stage we were treated to an extra special event ,Concorde flew over must have just taken off from Heathrow ,made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up ,everybody cheered ,it was a fantastic moment which i will never forget ,then Bruce came on and it was one of the best concerts of his I have been to ,what a memorable day that was . Michelle xx
- September 23, 2021 at 6:31 pm #547380Jill QuinnLadyRegistered On: July 24, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 71Has thanked: 332 timesBeen thanked: 280 times
Its funny that I read your post when I did. I’m listening to music as I work in the garage and as I started to read your post I’m listening to Bruce Springsteen’s Atlantic City. I can’t say I have a favorite of his, but I love a lot of his songs.
- September 23, 2021 at 5:52 pm #547370
- September 23, 2021 at 5:43 pm #547365Debra SweetLadyRegistered On: June 21, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 86Has thanked: 1286 timesBeen thanked: 384 times
Back in the 80’s my brother in law was Clarence Clemons road manager when he started The Red Bank Rockers and opening his club Big Man’s West in red bank NJ .I spent a week out there watching him put the show together Bruce Springsteen would stop in to see how it was going . During the week I got meet him and hang out with him a bit.Opening night at the club Bruce showed up and did a set with everyone it was great . And I have to say he is one of the nicest guy’s you could ever meet.That’s one week I will never forget .
- September 23, 2021 at 5:47 pm #547366
- September 23, 2021 at 5:15 pm #547354Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 88Replies: 4310Has thanked: 5795 timesBeen thanked: 10155 times
- September 23, 2021 at 4:20 am #547031MonaDuchessRegistered On: December 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 132Has thanked: 668 timesBeen thanked: 785 times
I recently watched Bruce Springsteen’s documentary “Letter to You.” I don’t recall what streaming service it was on, but it’s well worth checking out. Very intimate portrait of both the man and the E-street band.
- September 23, 2021 at 3:57 am #547025Kelli MarloweLadyRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 116Has thanked: 1336 timesBeen thanked: 658 times
saw him in 86 as a teen, Born in the USA tour, best live show I’ve ever seen. No opening act, nearly 4 hours long.Worcester Mass.
Soo hard to pick a favorite song, or even a favorite album, but being a car crazy gurl, I’ll go with”Pink Cadillac”
- September 23, 2021 at 2:10 am #547007Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1492Has thanked: 25290 timesBeen thanked: 5937 times
OMG Grace, so many songs and albums. Let’s not make this easy, okay?
I first heard Bruce and the band in 1973. The town we lived in, and where I moved back to, wasn’t that big. I was 13, and walked my own line, not knowing if I was gay or not, coping with my dressing and the hiding.
I do believe “Darkness On The Edge Of Town” was the first I ever heard from them, and it hit a a spot with me. I was probably the only kid in Jr High that listened to him at that time.
So many of his songs I could relate too, Born To Run, Factory, etc, showed that life was the same everywhere and it wasn’t going to be easy.
The first time I saw him was in Houston, just before “The River” was released, and I left that concert physically tired. It’s been the same both other times I’ve seen them.
Too many to list for sure.
- September 23, 2021 at 1:54 am #547004Diane RakersLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 841Has thanked: 1439 timesBeen thanked: 2895 times
- September 23, 2021 at 12:00 am #546990Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 137Replies: 3315Has thanked: 12363 timesBeen thanked: 19296 times
Good morning from England, Alice xx.
These questions are always so difficult when it’s a legend with such a back catalogue……
….but “The River” is soooooo good and of course my theme tune “Tougher than the rest”…are two of my favourites…
Happy birthday Bruce !!!
- September 22, 2021 at 7:32 pm #546955Karen FlowersLadyRegistered On: August 5, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 18Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 111 times
- September 23, 2021 at 4:17 am #547028MonaDuchessRegistered On: December 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 132Has thanked: 668 timesBeen thanked: 785 times
That concert must have been awesome. I re-listened to the album on this past 9/11. I particularly love the final track “My City in Ruins” – its message of balancing the grief and sadness of that terrible day with faith, hope and courage is a masterwork. “Come on, rise up”…never get tired of listening to it.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Mona.
- September 22, 2021 at 6:04 pm #546913MelanieElizabethLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 180Has thanked: 442 timesBeen thanked: 1071 times
- October 13, 2021 at 11:20 am #559401
- September 22, 2021 at 4:33 pm #546869MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 41Replies: 653Has thanked: 2758 timesBeen thanked: 2738 times
Roundhay Park open air concert in Leeds, UK. Early 80’s ?
It’s the only time I saw him, but wow! His set was almost as long as a Dead set. He had the crowd in his hand, everyone got on board.
Thanks for the memory jiggle, Alice
- September 22, 2021 at 5:46 pm #546892
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.