Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Ladies,

Tomorrow (September 23) is Bruce Springsteen’s birthday.  Born in 1949 that means 72 years old.  Anyone have a favorite song or concert memory?

Alice

Anonymous

Roundhay Park open air concert in Leeds, UK. Early 80’s ?

It’s the only time I saw him, but wow! His set was almost as long as a Dead set. He had the crowd in his hand, everyone got on board.

Thanks for the memory jiggle, Alice

Marti xxx

Hi Marti,

Must have been an awesome performance.

Alice

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

Cmon Alice. Any jersey person especially a cd from nj can appreciate Jersey girl. Never seen him live but so many great songs it’s hard to pick one but that’s it if I had to.

Anonymous

Written by Tom Waits about his ‘Jersey Girl’ Kathleen Brennen

The Rising in concert at Madison Sq Garden after 9/11 was awesome

Mona
        Duchess

Karen,

That concert must have been awesome.  I re-listened to the album on this past 9/11.  I particularly love the final track “My City in Ruins” – its message of balancing the grief and sadness of that terrible day with faith, hope and courage is a masterwork.  “Come on, rise up”…never get tired of listening to it.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Mona.
      Anonymous

Good morning  from England, Alice xx.

These questions are always so difficult when it’s a legend with such a back catalogue……

….but “The River” is soooooo good and of course my theme tune “Tougher than the rest”…are two of my favourites…

Happy birthday Bruce !!!

Grace x

So many.

“The Promised Land” or “Badlands”.

I recently heard a live version of “Dancing in the Dark” that was beyond anything. It was from 2016 in Foxborough, MA.

Diane

OMG Grace, so many songs and albums.  Let’s not make this easy, okay?

I first heard Bruce and the band in 1973.  The town we lived in, and where I moved back to, wasn’t that big.  I was 13, and walked my own line, not knowing if I was gay or not, coping with my dressing and the hiding.

I do believe “Darkness On The Edge Of Town” was the first I ever heard from them, and it hit a a spot with me.  I was probably the only kid in Jr High that listened to him at that time.

So many of his songs I could relate too, Born To Run, Factory, etc, showed that life was the same everywhere and it wasn’t going to be easy.

The first time I saw him was in Houston, just before “The River” was released, and I left that concert physically tired.  It’s been the same both other times I’ve seen them.

Too many to list for sure.

PaulaF

saw him in 86 as a teen, Born in the USA tour, best live show I’ve ever seen. No opening act, nearly 4 hours long.Worcester Mass.
      Soo hard to pick a favorite song, or even a favorite album, but being a car crazy gurl, I’ll go with”Pink Cadillac”

Mona
      Duchess

I recently watched Bruce Springsteen’s documentary “Letter to You.”  I don’t recall what streaming service it was on, but it’s well worth checking out.  Very intimate portrait of both the man and the E-street band.

So many albums, so many great songs and a terrific performer.  Not an easy choice to pick a favorite.

Happy birthday Bruce!

Alice

Back in the 80’s my brother in law was Clarence Clemons road manager when he started The Red Bank Rockers and opening his club Big Man’s West in red bank NJ .I spent a week out there watching him put the show together Bruce Springsteen would stop in to see how it was going . During the week I got meet him and hang out with him a bit.Opening night at the club Bruce showed up and did a set with everyone it was great . And I have to say he is one of the nicest guy’s you could ever meet.That’s one week I will never forget .

Alice,

Its funny that I read your post when I did. I’m listening to music as I work in the garage and as I started to read your post I’m listening to Bruce Springsteen’s Atlantic City. I can’t say I have a favorite of his, but I love a lot of his songs.

Hugs, Jill

Hi girls my wife and I went to the Rising concert at one of the premier division football grounds in south London ,before the Boss came on stage we were treated to an extra special event ,Concorde flew over must have just taken off from Heathrow ,made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up ,everybody cheered ,it was a fantastic moment which i will never forget ,then Bruce came on and it was one of the best concerts of his I have been to ,what a memorable day that was . Michelle xx

love Bruce’s early music, the Greetings to The River era.

i found a pair of tickets by the curbside while walking in my hometown summer 1984.

the seats were top level behind the stage at the Phila. Spectrum.   a great show.

Too many concerts to pick a favorite although one outside Milwaukee early in the “Born in the USA” tour. He did a cover of “Street Fighting Man.” Best seat was fifth row center in Chicago about 20 years ago. Favorite albums: “Born to Run” and “Darkness.” Many, many favorite songs including “Glory Days,” “I’m a Rocker,” “Thunder Road.” His recent LP “Letter to You” is his best in a long time. RIP Clarence and Danny.

Hey Kara, You and the others said it all.  I’ve got nothing to add but admiration.  Thanks for the Memory Lane tour.  Marg

I like his song Land of Hope and Dreams.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?