Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Very happy to give 2021 a firm shove out the door.  Despite the many challenges, there were some positives.  Here’s the good stuff that happened in a mostly forgettable year.

• Started identifying as trans and began to look at my options.
      • Desert Crossroads 2021.  Awesome event!  Can’t wait for the 2022 edition!
      • The personal relationships I’ve built with some of the local girls here on CDH.  You know who you are.  You rock!
      • Being there for my family during several times of crisis.
      • Starting HRT in September.  Every day tells me it’s one of the smartest moves I’ve made.
      • Halloween 2021.  A more intimate gathering with the Crossroads girls.
      • Laying plans for better things starting in 2022.

So girls, what were the highlights of your 2021?  Or what are you happy to forget about?  Keep it clean!

Emily

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Emily,

For me one of the big ones was finding CDH! I got to see that I have a lot of company in my recently acquired obsession. I’ve also made some great new friends!

Other than CDH, like you being there for family in several times of crisis. I am so thankful to be able to help!

Life is good, Lara💕

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Lara Muir. Reason: Emoji
        Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

Agree CDH was a watershed find.  Glad you found us Lara!  Stick around for a while!

Lara Muir
          Baroness - Annual

I’m definitely planning on sticking around!

Love and hugs, Lara

I didn’t start much new in ’21, but maintained my cancer free status and moved closer to that magical 5 year survivor mark.  Which, BTW, will signal the start of my long delayed HRT.

2022 will be my make or break year.

PaulaF

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

Sending positive energy your way Paula.  Would love to see that report of 5 years and the start of HRT!

Emily…long time no talk

My year too was filled with ups and downs but in the end I went out with a bang:

Downs

– The dreaded C word…it affected our lives in so many ways

-Losingnine of my childhood good friends ..covid didn’t help

Ups

-Retiring …best thing I ever did

-CDH…huge impact to me…made some besties that are closer than my in person friends

-Going to a therapist…helped me accept myself and get the courage to tell my wife

-Telling my wife   Finally the cat out of the bag…life changing

-My wife…for accepting me …we are closer than ever

= Getting out as Carole

-Keystone…fingers crossed

-Meeting some CDH girls

-Talking with Emily more 🥰

-Losing weight

=Paying it forward by helping other CDH gfs

Hugs

Carole

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

Yes Carole it has been a while.  Happy New Year!

Agree 2021 was a bumpy road.  If it weren’t for my therapist, CDH, and several other support forums, it would’ve been a very dark year.

So glad to hear about the positives.  Those are huge.  Especially the accepting wife.  Really hope you get out more in 2022.

Drop me a line anytime.  Happy to chat!

Hugs, Emily

Angela Booth
      Hostess

2021 seemed like a groundhog day of 2020 with the covid and I almost want to forget it.

2020 started with panic buying of food and 2021 with panic buying of fuel/gas. Neither was necessary. 2020 had covid variants as did 2021.  Repetez S’il vous plait.

Contact with friends and family was interrupted as were some travel plans.

Then again there were positives in that I had work successes and that I still have my friends and family. I got out and about as much as I could and still living my dream.

With mixed feelings it is ‘Buh Bye 2021’ and take on 2022 with a positive attitude and a smile.

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

Haha yes ’21 did seem like Groundhog Day of ’20.  Wash Rinse Repeat!

Couldn’t agree more with your attitude.  Focus on the positives and move forward.  Dwelling on the negative gets us nowhere.

Anonymous

Emily, good subject to ruminate on for a few seconds

Downs:

Covid, lots of furlough and wages down

Jan 2021, my SO forbade me to ever dress again, dark times.

Up’s:

Oct 2021, after numerous discussions, I accepted myself as a crossdresser and my wife accepted Katie with a few conditions.

Dec 2021, after more discussions all restrictions have been lifted, my wife even admitted she likes Katie around now.

Finding CDH and joining also meeting all of you gorgeous girls, my life has never been better.

2022 and on:

Covid to go away

Retire or at least take voluntary redundancy

Katie to spread her wings and actually step out into the outdoor world.

Hugs Katie.

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

Katie I love hearing stories like yours.  The intolerant wife that slowly comes around and embraces who we are.  So happy for you.  Really hope you are able to get out in ’22.  It’s a sublime experience.

Hugs, Emily

I could write a book.

February: no power for 3 days = broken plumbing = downed ceilings / insulation.

Went 5 weeks without running water plus another month to get plumbing fully repaired.

I almost packed a few things, wife included and walked. Got over being mad and got to work, been living in a construction zone ever since.

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

Really hope life gets back to some sense of normalcy soon.  Let us know how things are going.  We’re here to listen if you ever need someone.

Hugs, Emily

Thank you Emily,

We tried to make it a positive experence by doing some remodeling which has turned out very nice. It’s down to some paint and minor touchups.

I should have added there was one silver lining to 2021 and that was finding this community. I can’t thank you all enough.

To the good side (I’ll just try to leave the bad in last year where it belongs):

Started counseling, making some progress. First weekend as Bridgette all weekend, at the beach with my wife, that was so much fun! Made reservations to go to Keystone, really hoping we get to go, but really uncertain at this point. Came out to my doctor, my pastor, and my counselor, all with positive results.

Hoping for a better 2022, too include Keystone, and more time out as Bridgette.

Hugs,

Bridgette

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

That’s good stuff Bridgette.  Glad to hear about the positives….especially the beach weekend with your wife!  Feel like ’22 is the year we turn the corner.

Hugs, Emily

I could go on and on but I’ll try to keep it brief.

My 2021
      Coming to terms with myself and accepting being Transgender, multiple phone sessions with 2 therapists and having them both confirm and validate my thoughts and feelings and guide me to the next phase. Came out to my Mom, Step Dad, Sister and future brother in law in one shot than started HRT the next day. Continuing to fold Rei into my everyday experiences with my Wife, 2 daughters and future son-in-law.
      There’s more to be certain but those have been 2021’s biggest highlights!

I’m also sure there’s been some challenges and difficulties but I can honestly say I’m so happy and at peace with where I’m at and where I’m heading they don’t even appear on my radar anymore.

I’m thrilled to hear you’re doing well on HRT Emily and that things are heading in a positive direction. Good luck in 2022!

Anonymous

Hi Rei

I am pleased to hear life is moving in a positive direction for you, my very best wishes for the future.

Love Sarah

xx

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

Thanks Rei!

So glad to hear ’21 was a milestone year.  You’ve accomplished a lot in a short time.  Looking forward to hearing about your journey in ’22.

Hugs, Emily

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?