- June 30, 2020 at 11:59 pm #359600T J LibertyParticipantRegistered On: June 29, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 23Has thanked: 119 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
Hi girls, I have the exciting and slightly daunting task of buying my first bra today (squeeeee) My wife helped me measure myself last night and i am a 36E apparently 😮
Seems a bit big as I am less than 11 stone (not sure what metric is we are backward in Europe lol)
- July 6, 2020 at 3:21 pm #361324Amy MyersParticipantRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 10Replies: 913Has thanked: 2078 timesBeen thanked: 1880 times
Sounds wonderful! Yes, like I said it won’t be the only one you buy!
My wife somehow (!) makes do with about 4 in her rotation, but I have something approaching 20. She always says, “do you need another bra?” no of course I don’t need one, but I certainly WANT one!
I go easy on my wife with the femme stuff, but if she is out for a while I will slip one on, even if it’s only for a half hour or so.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- July 2, 2020 at 3:45 am #359961T J LibertyParticipantRegistered On: June 29, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 23Has thanked: 119 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
- July 2, 2020 at 12:35 am #359935Nick LacroixParticipantRegistered On: February 3, 2020Topics: 15Replies: 127Has thanked: 111 timesBeen thanked: 348 times
- July 1, 2020 at 9:46 pm #359920T J LibertyParticipantRegistered On: June 29, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 23Has thanked: 119 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
I am looking forward to wearing them, if only to explore how they work for me initially. Am being patient as its already a lot for Mrs TJ to take in and don’t want to push too hard.
All good things come to those who wait 🙂
- July 1, 2020 at 9:38 pm #359916
- July 1, 2020 at 4:26 pm #359833Olivia LivinParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 28Replies: 1296Has thanked: 4587 timesBeen thanked: 2410 times
- July 1, 2020 at 4:15 pm #359830Alice UnderwireParticipantRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 1263Has thanked: 291 timesBeen thanked: 1687 times
Great to hear you enjoyed your shopping trip. Someone suggested a bra fitting which is a great idea. You’ll find the European sizes are different than US or Asian sizes. A 36 E is an American DD cup. Everyone will be different. A male chest and shoulders are broader than a woman’s so the band may not fit if your underbust measurement is 36 inches (if 35 one will round up to 36).
And the nipple to nipple spacing is also greater on a male so the cup to cup centering may be off. You’ll find as you wear your bras the band will loosen up and won’t be as tight.
- July 1, 2020 at 12:08 pm #359770ParticipantRegistered On: June 29, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 23Has thanked: 119 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
- July 1, 2020 at 11:29 am #359758Bianca EverdeneParticipantRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 393Has thanked: 922 timesBeen thanked: 1013 times
- July 1, 2020 at 8:54 am #359693Stevie SteinerParticipantRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 152Has thanked: 368 timesBeen thanked: 540 times
- July 1, 2020 at 8:50 am #359692
- July 1, 2020 at 8:43 am #359690
- July 1, 2020 at 8:39 am #359689AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 4Replies: 94Has thanked: 156 timesBeen thanked: 269 times
hi sweetie, congratulation this is one of the best moment to enjoy being a woman, its just part of what a woman do in her life, also congratulation that you have a supportive wife to share it with, bras are the symbols of femininity, symbols of any women, i love to wear bras and i know you will love it too hugs felicity
- July 1, 2020 at 8:07 am #359680ParticipantRegistered On: June 29, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 23Has thanked: 119 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
- July 1, 2020 at 7:43 am #359671Amy MyersParticipantRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 10Replies: 913Has thanked: 2078 timesBeen thanked: 1880 times
My very first thoughts are congratulations, and I’m it won’t be your last!
On a practical level, if you are unsure at all, I will second the comment about getting a fitting from a store which does this.
After that, ENJOY!
- July 1, 2020 at 7:20 am #359660Stephanie KennedyParticipantRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 431Has thanked: 1926 timesBeen thanked: 1333 times
Ho Tj I am not sure about European sizing. It is so difficult to find right bra that feels and looks good. Thete are so many to choose. I know it is a bit scary the first time you get measured for a bra.It is important if you plan to wear it all day and more important if you are going to be physically active. They can be so expensive and frustrating when you buy one that just does not fit or look good. Bite the bullit make up any story you like but get fitted properly you will not regret it. Luv Stephanie
- July 1, 2020 at 6:39 am #359650April MayParticipantRegistered On: April 29, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 45Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 155 times
- July 1, 2020 at 5:47 am #359641JackieParticipantRegistered On: February 19, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 45Has thanked: 148 timesBeen thanked: 129 times
- July 1, 2020 at 4:58 am #359627
- July 1, 2020 at 3:54 am #359622PY MarshallParticipantRegistered On: July 21, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 145Has thanked: 512 timesBeen thanked: 227 times
- July 1, 2020 at 1:36 am #359607Kay AndersonParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 133Has thanked: 309 timesBeen thanked: 475 times
I have measured myself and put the numbers in a bra calculator on a website. I do not believe the results that I got. I am not sure the the method for measuring ladies works the same for us. Even my wife complains about how her bras fit. Several of my bras are sports bras and stretchy leisure bras. They are very inexpensive on ebay and fit very well.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.