Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Over the weekend I decided that I was going to use my company’s insurance benefits to get me some new women’s glasses. So, I used the store’s app to virtually try on several frames and finally selected a couple I liked.

On Tuesday I went to the store. There was only one sales lady and she was on the phone when I got there. So I started looking to the frames in the women’s section. When she was done with her call she went to greet me and asked me if she could help me. I informed her that I was looking for a new pair of glasses. She then proceeded me to tell me that I was looking at the women’s frames (duh!) and then asked me if they were for somebody else. You may have already seen that look… the look on her face when I informed her that I was in the right place and the glasses were going to be for me.

Anyway, I kept on looking and sadly, they didn’t have the ones I had selected online (She later informed me that they don’t carry them in this market (?) anyway, I selected a pair of frames from Bebe that I liked, and since they have a “Two pairs for $69.00” I selected two more frames from the ones on the promotion (from the ladies side, of course).

By then she had recovered nicely from the initial shock and it was a normal transaction after that. So, will be picking up my new glasses hopefully in a few days. 🙂

Gaby

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Awesome!! Sounds like a great deal. Unfortunately for me my glasses tend to be a bit more prices, well the lens mostly.  I am stoked to hear you found 3 pair that you liked.  Just want to share that this past summer, I had to purchase a new pair of glasses.  My wife and I looked at pairs for men and found none of them appealing. It was on women’s side that I found my frames and just felt that they were the ones.  It did not even phase the optician, course we live in a fairly progressive small city so I am sure I am not the first.  They are stylish and just gender neutral enough to work in both modes.  I get compliments on them all the time.

Happy shopping Gaby!  I am sure they are going to look great on you my friend!

Hugs,

Michelle

I got new glasses a couple of months ago. I wasn’t able to get a men’s pair and a women’s pair, but I think the men’s frames I chose work OK for me when en femme, in a “geek girl” kind of way. 🙂 But it sounds like you hit the lottery, Gabriela. Looking forward to seeing you in the new specs.

Anonymous

Thank you Lori! Yeah one of the pairs in the promotion I ordered tinted dark, so now I’ll also have sunglasses in my prescription. 🙂

Anonymous

Thank you Michelle, I sure hope so. I need a strong prescription, so I couldn’t select anything with a large lens, because they would be really thick on the edges so, I hope they will still look cute enough. 🙂

Hi girls……….I wish they would make the womens frames a bit bigger for us CD’rs. But if you look hard enough…you will find some that do work…..much to the confusion of sales clerks. Don’t forget the “reading glasses” section of your drug store!! Nice frames….you can always have prescription lenses made for them! Mine have a frame that has that arched eyebrow line we want so much…….slightly cat-eyed in style….black on the front and purple everywhere else.   Ooh la la!

Dame Veronica………La Chat noir, n’est pas????? MEEEOW!   (HA! GI Joe….you beaucoup Dinky Dau!!)

I don’t wear eyeglasses but that would be such a sexy different look to wear a pair of non-prescription women’s frames.  Thanks for the inspiration Gaby!

I have a feeling you will rock your new glasses, Anne! (Pro tip: Thrift stores for cute retro frames.)

Anonymous

I bought mine on line with the prescription from my shop bought heavy grey steel mens goggles, easy and cheap.

Imogen X

Joyce
      Duchess

I’ve been wanting to be in fem with my perscription in hand for some time now. Hopefully with a little planning on next months meeting I can get it done!

I did pretty much the same as you. I picked out a women’s frame I liked online, but I was lucky enough they had them in store. The guy who was taking measurements of my face for my new glasses reacted in the same way as your person did. When I returned to pick them up, I was seen by a woman and she didn’t batter an eyelid. Just said they were a nice choice.

I got two pairs for the price of one on my deal so I brought a pair of men’s glasses too, So I can gradually switch over from them to the much nicer female pair.

The glasses I got a couple of months ago are womens glasses and I love them. For my next pair I’m thinking about getting cat eye glasses.

Anonymous

Picked up my 3 pairs of glasses today. Love them! But I’ll definitely change one of them for my original selection. These Bebe frames are ok, by the ones I had picked from Coach are prettier for sure. The othe 2 pairs are pretty too, so all and all, I’m happy!

Anonymous

As an update, I’m just back from exchanging the glasses I had got. I had picked Bebe frames, but they didn’t look as nice as I wanted, so took their 30 days exchange warranty and exchanged them for a pair of Coach frames. No cost. Getting them tomorrow. 🙂

Gaby…I hope you will post a picture of yourself wearing the Coach frames.  I would love to see how they look….Anne

Anonymous

Will sure do Anne! May be a while though… no dressing chances in my near future. Oh well…

I know and understand your frustration.  It’s been wa-a-a-a-a-y too long since I last dressed.

Anonymous

Zenni.  Super easy.  Reasonably priced.  Uh……. i have 5 pair

Anonymous

I just posted one pic wearing my new glasses, I love them!

Gaby 💜

Hello Gabriela; It’s good to hear that you had a positive outcome in getting your new glasses. I’m sure they will look cute on you. I wrote a post in this forum on this subject back on 8/15 (Viewing the World Through Different Glasses). I just added an update to that post. I invite you to read it, if you would like to.

Anonymous

Suite will Brittney, thanks!

Anonymous

my new glassesWearing my new glasses. I got a couple compliments on my Coach frames. 🙂

Lovely photo Gabriela. The frame matches your eyes and hair, excellent choice.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?