Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’ve been wanting to try and get shoes specifically wedges but I’m wearing a size 11-11.5 mens shoe and I took my foot measurement and I’d be a size 13 I believe and was wondering if anyone else has had any success finding larger sizes at local stores? Or where would y’all recommend looking for larger sizes?

Mia Mor’e
      Baroness

I wear a 10.5 in mens and an 11 in women’s.  I tried a 12 in women’s but they were too big. The best thing is to try them on right there at the store.  If anyone looks at you funny just say its for a costume party!

I agree with this. Sizing seems to be an issue and is so dependent on the style of the shoe vs. the size on the label. I can’t even imagine buying women’s shoes online. In men’s, I could for the most part order any 8.5 shoe and it will fit comfortably, no matter the style. In women’s, one 9 won’t fit, be too tight, be too large, through the entire gamut of styles. Some fit best at 8.5, some fit best at 9, some fit best at 9.5, I’ve even tried on a few that fit great at 10.

So trying them on in store is worth it. Plus the activity is just so feminine feeling lol.

Anonymous
      Lady

Torrid has shoes that will probably fit you. I’m a 12 and their sandals and heels fit me perfect and their shoes are wide.

I looked at torrid one one of my days off and the one I went to unfortunately only had a limited supply but I did order some boots online to ship to the store

Hi Alice,

Good luck with Torrid.  You can order a 13 WW on line and ship to store.  If they are too big return them right at the store.  Torrid is CD friendly so the associates can help you if you a bit nervous.

Alice

Hi Alice,

I’m a size 13 and it is TOUGH.

Diane

Hi Alice as others have said torrid seems to be a big help with larger girl shoes so good luck as im with Mia a ladies 11 seems to find a lot of them out there ..

Stephanie Bass

I wear a women’s size 14.5 / 15. I can find some heels online, but flats or a cute pair of sneakers is just about impossible. It’s a curse..

Paula
      Lady

Going to stores are tough in finding shoes for for people with big feet. I’m not embarrassed about asking as I have gone in dressed before many times. The staff at Torrid is great but usually have to order my size, I’m a 13-14 mens (depending on the shoe and make) and wear hats a 15-16 in womens. I wear flats or unisex sneakers.

some online CD stores are enfemmestyle.com, Janet’s closet, the breast form store, and one I’m willing to try is onlymaker.com.

good luck!

I have been looking at onlymaker as well. Let us know if you order from them.

I’ve bought onlymaker shoes online.  They ran small and were tight.  I’m used to heels, but the toe box was a real squeeze.  They were pretty, though, and well made.

I’ve also bought online from Pleaser (comfortable, solid, but not my favorite – some are a bit too plastic looking, others are ok), YDN (Chinese, looong shipping time, average), FSJ (Chinese, looong shipping time, also average), Richealnana and Amy Q (beautiful and well made, but tight), Mettesally (very nice, comfortable), and Sam Edelman (my absolute favorite hands down, beautiful shoes and comfortable).  In general, Chinese-made shoes are more available in larger sizes, but run small and tight and take 2 months to arrive.  If you can find Edelmans, buy them.

I am also an 11 or 11.5 shoe in men’s, and have a very wide foot for a man.  You would be correct that you would typically be a size 13 in women’s.  That being said, I have success in finding shoes on Amazon.  However, I am not much a fan of online shopping; I enjoy the process of shopping, and hate having to return items.   To that end, I have been very successful buying shoes that fit at Torrid.  I do often need to order using Torrid’s option to ship free to the store, but I have purchased a wide variety of shoes from Torrid.

I will warn you, though, that Torrid’s sizing is not typical.  While I am an 11 or 11.5 in men’s, and should be a 12.5 or 13 in women’s, I wear an 11.5 or 12 from Torrid depending upon whether the shoes would be worn with socks or tights.

MacKenzie Alexandra

I usually fit into an 11 or 12 in women’s and have had some pretty good luck finding and buying in these sizes online at Nordstrom Rack.  I’ve noticed that they’re showing plenty of size 13 as well. Scored three pairs of very cute sandals recently at a great price too!  Check them out.

*** Kayla ***

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?