what will happen when your mask is gone?

what are you going to do?

• its not going to change things. i hate the mask.39.13%18 votes
  • i think im ready to go out without it.34.78%16 votes
  • it dont matter. i never go out in public.15.22%7 votes
  • i"ll probably go back into hiding10.87%5 votes
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Alison Anderson
      Duchess
      Registered On: October 15, 2018
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 393

It will change my behavior, but since I have been going out before, I will continue to go out after.

First off, I go for a walk through my neighborhood.  I usually only have on a little beard cover as makeup, although occasionally I will add a concealer and bronzer.  I have been doing this before and all through the pandemic, and will continue.  I do this without a mask because I pass so few people on my walk, and usually on the opposite side of the street.  This will continue afterwards.

I have been shopping at the supermarket en femme since the pandemic started.  Hiding behind a mask helps, only because I know a lot of people who also go to the same supermarket and without a mask, people may recognize my face.  In a supermarket you may pass the same people several times in different aisles, which increases exposure and the likelyihood of being recognized.  When things clear up, I will likely go there on the way home from work, and therefore will not be en femme.

I have gone into other stores en femme, some in close proximity to home.  Whether I continue this depends on how I am presenting at the time I need to go to the store, or if I need to return to en homme.

With a mask, I don’t bother with makeup, unless I’m going to my support group, where I will only put on eye makeup.  A few months ago a small group went to a restaurant.  Here I did wear some makeup.  To prevent the lipstick stain on the mask, I used the long lasting lip stain instead of regular lipstick.

So some activities will continue, some will stop or be curtailed, and some will continue sometimes.

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Emily Alt
      Duchess - Annual
      Registered On: August 24, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 496

I don’t like wearing a mask but I know they’re necessary.  Since I have to wear one, I might as well make a fashion statement.  Last summer I bought several with sequins or feminine colors and patterns.  They’re really cute.  When they’re no longer needed, I’ll be out there proudly showing my girly face!  Most of my masks will go into storage.  I’ll keep one in my purse just in case.  This is our new reality.  The chance of a new variant, or an entirely new contagion, will always be there.

Gwyneth Simpson
      Lady
      Registered On: January 21, 2021
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 51

I have discovered that it’s easier to go into a mainstream store to purchase girly things. Whether anybody notices I’m male or not, they should never know my identity.

Same here. My worst fear would be to show up on one of those photo montages “people of Walmart” and be recognizable.

For some reason, all the Walmarts I’m in have video security on the makeup isle. And a monitor just so you can see yourself find the camera.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Marianne
      Ambassador
      Registered On: May 20, 2017
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 464

I have been going out as a woman since long before Covid appeared and will continue doing so as long as my failing brain functions will let me. As I have increasingly difficult putting makeup on I have been using less and less of it. Yesterday actually was the first time I appeared in a public setting, eating breakfast at a hotel without any makeup at all, only wearing the shape wear, clothes and a wig. And it felt great doing so.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Polly Stewart
      Lady
      Registered On: January 2, 2021
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 600

Hi Rachael

I don’t care for masking but do it for personal and community health and safety. We, in New Zealand, have not needed to mask up for some months now but people are becoming so complacent that I fear Covid will be back sooner rather than later.
      Like many other respondants… I can’t stand the bloody things as I wear glasses, makeup, earrings, wigs et al. I want people to see my face and as I’m a visual person I want to see the other’s faces too.

But… what a brilliant tool to be able to get out in the public view without giving oneself away! I’m so happy for those who are terrified of being in public getting an inadvertant chance to be that little bit freer.

Be safe (and unseen) xx Polly

Mindy Mills
      Lady
      Registered On: January 8, 2021
      Replies: 66

I have discovered that it’s easier to go into a mainstream store to purchase girly things. Whether anybody notices I’m male or not, they should never know my identity.

Same here. My worst fear would be to show up on one of those photo montages “people of Walmart” and be recognizable.

Alice Underwire
      Lady
      Registered On: September 16, 2019
      Topics: 21
      Replies: 2734

Hi Rachel,

With the new strains of the virus the medical community is unclear whether the vaccine will be effective.  So I will continue wearing the mask continues until a modification to the vaccine is available.  Didn’t see that answer option.

Alice

Holly Tygressa
      Baroness
      Registered On: January 16, 2021
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 106

You are right in that it has been so much easier to go out with a mask on. Public anonymity. I think it has helped me though to try and venture out to more public areas without the mask.

Holly

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Vivian Cinnamon
      Duchess
      Registered On: June 13, 2020
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 8

hate the mask ,takes me 2 hrs to get ready to go out and right before any one sees me i have to cover up its terrible ,and hot ,then my mask has 5 lbs of make up on it ,and make up is not that great after sad ,no pics on the way home any more ,,

Bettylou Cox
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Topics: 18
      Replies: 1842

I voted “no change”, but that’s not quite accurate. Without the mask, I’ll have to pay more attention to my makeup, my glasses won’t fog over, and I can finally wear my hearing aid again without fear of losing it.

Genivieve Bujold
      Lady
      Registered On: April 13, 2017
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 49

Totally agree Peggy Sue, the mask ruins my lipstick and I love wearing lipstick!

Peggy Sue Williams
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: June 26, 2019
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 263

Amen, sister!

Be glad when the masks are gone!  Lipstick stains on the inside, hinders wearing full make up, wearing earrings, and exchanging smiles with people.

I miss exchanging make up compliments and tips with other women too.

Krista
      Duchess
      Registered On: January 24, 2017
      Replies: 418

Hi Rachel, I had a bit of a hard time answering the poll.  I said it wasn’t going to change things as I just go out and about as who I am with or without the mask.  But I don’t hate the mask.  I’m in my late 60s and I don’t want to catch this thing. I wish more people in my community would wear a mask like they are supposed to but I live in a redneck part of the world.  Stay healthy, stay safe, Hugs Krista.

Gwyneth Simpson
      Lady
      Registered On: January 21, 2021
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 51

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The topic ‘bye bye mask’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account