Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

would like to know how many of you will still be going out without a mask when the virous is gone?

i know many of you depend on your mask to hide behind. i personally can’t stand wearing a mask. it interferes with my lipstick and not wearing dangly earrings. it covers up your smale and other expressions. i like to see if someone is smiling at me and want them to see i’m smiling back.

Gwyneth
      Lady

I have discovered that it’s easier to go into a mainstream store to purchase girly things. Whether anybody notices I’m male or not, they should never know my identity.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Rachel, I had a bit of a hard time answering the poll.  I said it wasn’t going to change things as I just go out and about as who I am with or without the mask.  But I don’t hate the mask.  I’m in my late 60s and I don’t want to catch this thing. I wish more people in my community would wear a mask like they are supposed to but I live in a redneck part of the world.  Stay healthy, stay safe, Hugs Krista.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Amen, sister!

Be glad when the masks are gone!  Lipstick stains on the inside, hinders wearing full make up, wearing earrings, and exchanging smiles with people.

I miss exchanging make up compliments and tips with other women too.

Totally agree Peggy Sue, the mask ruins my lipstick and I love wearing lipstick!

Anonymous

I voted “no change”, but that’s not quite accurate. Without the mask, I’ll have to pay more attention to my makeup, my glasses won’t fog over, and I can finally wear my hearing aid again without fear of losing it.

Anonymous

You are right in that it has been so much easier to go out with a mask on. Public anonymity. I think it has helped me though to try and venture out to more public areas without the mask.

Holly

Hi Rachel,

With the new strains of the virus the medical community is unclear whether the vaccine will be effective.  So I will continue wearing the mask continues until a modification to the vaccine is available.  Didn’t see that answer option.

Alice

[postquote quote=438939]
      Same here. My worst fear would be to show up on one of those photo montages “people of Walmart” and be recognizable.

Hi Rachael

I don’t care for masking but do it for personal and community health and safety. We, in New Zealand, have not needed to mask up for some months now but people are becoming so complacent that I fear Covid will be back sooner rather than later.
      Like many other respondants… I can’t stand the bloody things as I wear glasses, makeup, earrings, wigs et al. I want people to see my face and as I’m a visual person I want to see the other’s faces too.

But… what a brilliant tool to be able to get out in the public view without giving oneself away! I’m so happy for those who are terrified of being in public getting an inadvertant chance to be that little bit freer.

Be safe (and unseen) xx Polly

Marianne
      Ambassador

I have been going out as a woman since long before Covid appeared and will continue doing so as long as my failing brain functions will let me. As I have increasingly difficult putting makeup on I have been using less and less of it. Yesterday actually was the first time I appeared in a public setting, eating breakfast at a hotel without any makeup at all, only wearing the shape wear, clothes and a wig. And it felt great doing so.

Gwyneth
      Lady

[postquote quote=439201]
      For some reason, all the Walmarts I’m in have video security on the makeup isle. And a monitor just so you can see yourself find the camera.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I don’t like wearing a mask but I know they’re necessary.  Since I have to wear one, I might as well make a fashion statement.  Last summer I bought several with sequins or feminine colors and patterns.  They’re really cute.  When they’re no longer needed, I’ll be out there proudly showing my girly face!  Most of my masks will go into storage.  I’ll keep one in my purse just in case.  This is our new reality.  The chance of a new variant, or an entirely new contagion, will always be there.

It will change my behavior, but since I have been going out before, I will continue to go out after.

First off, I go for a walk through my neighborhood.  I usually only have on a little beard cover as makeup, although occasionally I will add a concealer and bronzer.  I have been doing this before and all through the pandemic, and will continue.  I do this without a mask because I pass so few people on my walk, and usually on the opposite side of the street.  This will continue afterwards.

I have been shopping at the supermarket en femme since the pandemic started.  Hiding behind a mask helps, only because I know a lot of people who also go to the same supermarket and without a mask, people may recognize my face.  In a supermarket you may pass the same people several times in different aisles, which increases exposure and the likelyihood of being recognized.  When things clear up, I will likely go there on the way home from work, and therefore will not be en femme.

I have gone into other stores en femme, some in close proximity to home.  Whether I continue this depends on how I am presenting at the time I need to go to the store, or if I need to return to en homme.

With a mask, I don’t bother with makeup, unless I’m going to my support group, where I will only put on eye makeup.  A few months ago a small group went to a restaurant.  Here I did wear some makeup.  To prevent the lipstick stain on the mask, I used the long lasting lip stain instead of regular lipstick.

So some activities will continue, some will stop or be curtailed, and some will continue sometimes.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The topic ‘bye bye mask’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?