• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

The beauty of the female is the root of joy to the female as
      well as to the male, and it is no accident that the goddess of
      Love is older and stronger than the god. To desire the
      desiring of her own beauty is the vanity of Lilith, but to
      desire the enjoying of her own beauty is the obedience of
      Eve, and to both it is in the lover that the beloved tastes
      her own delightfulness.”

This is a quote from a good book by Lewis called That Hideous Strength. It’s fiction -part of his Space Trilogy (which is surprisingly more about gender identity than space).

These words are hauntingly true to me.

It is possible to separate the first statement about female beauty being the root of joy to both men and women from the second statement contrasting Lilith and Eve.  Really powerful stuff, though.  Lewis actually wrote quite a bit about love and sex.  He and Freud talked a bit and shared some of their disagreements in scholarly articles and the like.

Anyway… I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Is anyone familiar with Lewis’ work?

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

It’s been years since I have read Lewis.  And more than I care to tell on reading “That Hideous Strength”  I will say that I have much of his writings oddly comforting at times.  His “A Grief Observed” was just incredible.  Thanks for posting this and I will need to see if I still have or find a copy to reread.

Michelle

Along with the entire Wizard of Oz series, The chronicles of Narnia were the first series fantasy I ever read in grade 4-5 back in the early 80’s.

They’ve made lasting impacts on my psyche and I am going to check out the books you mentioned.

I was unaware of the Freud connection, sounds intriguing.

Anonymous

Thanks so much for replying.
      What do you think of the quote?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?