- January 7, 2021 at 6:28 pm #429037Liz CraigParticipantRegistered On: December 29, 2020Topics: 8Replies: 28Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 267 times
I came out as Liz at work tonight,my new co workers and boss are 100% very open minded about me and said they wanted to meet Liz.I came home from work,showered and transformed into Liz.Came back and they were waiting for me.I wasn’t nervous at all and walked in.All reacted very well and went great.My female co workers,I got a lot of reactions from.They were I look good dressed as a woman,I am gorgeous,you look better than me and I look beautiful.My male co workers,they said I am still one of the guys with a soft side of me.Boss said the same thing.Then my boss’s wife walked in 15 minutes later,her reaction was OH MY GOD,YOU LOOK GORGEOUS! to me.I was glad everything went great and know they see me like any normal person.Of coarse,had pictures taken with my female co workers and boss’s wife as well.
Total of 36 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- January 11, 2021 at 2:54 pm #431036EvelynLadyRegistered On: June 18, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 47Has thanked: 237 timesBeen thanked: 168 times
What a wonderful experience that must have been. I can only imagine the trauma you went through
as you built up your courage to do this. But you did it, and came out a winner.
I admire and respect you immensely.
- January 9, 2021 at 4:39 am #429824Danielle AnayaLadyRegistered On: January 3, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 13Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 62 times
Congrats on your brave move. My experience was mixed at first, but now things are fine. I found most people have more important things to worry about at work than me. There is the occasional comment now and then but I am pretty thick skinned and just let things go unless there is malice intended. I get more positive comments than sketchy ones. I’ve even had a few of the guys tell me if they didn’t know otherwise they would never guess I was not a genetic woman. The women don’t seem to care at all and have accepted me into the coven with all the rest.
- January 8, 2021 at 8:13 pm #429691Robyn DevineDuchessRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 515Has thanked: 1610 timesBeen thanked: 2217 times
How fabulous!! So nice to welcomed by your work people!
xo Robyn 🤗❤️
- January 8, 2021 at 7:53 pm #429673
- January 8, 2021 at 6:51 pm #429643Debbie LynnLadyRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 14Has thanked: 127 timesBeen thanked: 75 times
So heartwarming! Congrats Liz on being You!
- January 8, 2021 at 5:58 pm #429637Birel GalanodelLadyRegistered On: May 3, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 29Has thanked: 98 timesBeen thanked: 165 times
Your story is basically my dream experience of coming out at work. But, that’s not going to happen for me, I work in too conservative of an environment to get that kind of acceptance.
You are very fortunate to be working with people like that.
- January 8, 2021 at 4:08 pm #429608
- January 8, 2021 at 12:53 pm #429484Sarah Du HessisseLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 172Has thanked: 804 timesBeen thanked: 687 times
Congratulations Liz you were very brave to come out like that, your work colleagues are really open minded people. So pleased for you that must feel fabulous. Best wishes for the future
- January 8, 2021 at 8:30 am #429360Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 47Replies: 1334Has thanked: 6400 timesBeen thanked: 7543 times
I bet you must pinch yourself at least TEN times a day to prove you are not dreaming….I agree with Emily….you have the job everyone on cdh would welcome….I’m very happy you are happy…and you telling us all gives everyone here a lift….your job is done!!!!
Congratulations Liz…. you’ve made it girl!!!! ❤️❤️
- January 8, 2021 at 7:37 am #429315Samantha JoanChat CrewRegistered On: November 17, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 90Has thanked: 427 timesBeen thanked: 342 times
What fantastic news, thank you so much for sharing.
So pleased to learn of the positive acceptance of your work colleagues. I agree that with Amy, workplaces are definitely getting better. I came out as Samantha in my office and could not imagine the positive reaction I got.
New Year Hugs
Samantha x x
- January 8, 2021 at 6:15 am #429270
- January 8, 2021 at 4:57 am #429237Dani CDLadyRegistered On: September 10, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 54Has thanked: 255 timesBeen thanked: 238 times
- January 8, 2021 at 4:01 am #429217Cindy LouBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 18, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 418Has thanked: 1794 timesBeen thanked: 1906 times
Wonderful news Liz, I’m so happy for you. The younger that employees are within a business, the better the chance of acceptance. If everyone at ABC widgets was like my daughter and her friends there would never be a fear for anyone to come out. We can be hopeful when we hear stories like this, and even more so for the next generation which will have next to no issues at all coming out. I equate the impending evolution of the acceptance of cross dressing to the acceptance of homosexuality. Were you to rewind time to 30 or 40 years ago, a Neanderthal upon eyeing an effeminate male in public could have loudly exclaimed something derogatory for all to hear and nobody would have uttered a word, today that same ape would be publicly castigated on the spot by the people of most cultures.
- January 8, 2021 at 3:39 am #429211Robyn DrakeDuchessRegistered On: March 19, 2019Topics: 48Replies: 109Has thanked: 91 timesBeen thanked: 377 times
- January 8, 2021 at 1:38 am #429174Hilda BeaumontDuchessRegistered On: March 14, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 43Has thanked: 99 timesBeen thanked: 167 times
- January 8, 2021 at 12:50 am #429163Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 10Replies: 413Has thanked: 335 timesBeen thanked: 1883 times
- January 8, 2021 at 12:47 am #429162Trisha Lilly LangdanLadyRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 18Replies: 284Has thanked: 2294 timesBeen thanked: 1099 times
- January 8, 2021 at 12:29 am #429154Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 18Replies: 636Has thanked: 2385 timesBeen thanked: 2396 times
- January 7, 2021 at 7:52 pm #429054
- January 7, 2021 at 7:51 pm #429053Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 164Has thanked: 179 timesBeen thanked: 386 times
That is the best story I’ve heard so far! What a wonderfully affirming moment for4 you (and for your co-workers I might add). Luckily I’m too old to come out with any co-workers (they were all carpenters!) and anyways… I’ve been self employed as a designer for some years ;D
I think all will be keen to hear what happens from now on. Are you continuing enfemme at your work?
Big Hugs //Polly
- January 7, 2021 at 7:51 pm #429052
- January 7, 2021 at 7:45 pm #429050Tara JeaneLadyRegistered On: December 12, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 61Has thanked: 633 timesBeen thanked: 307 times
- January 7, 2021 at 7:45 pm #429049
- January 7, 2021 at 7:41 pm #429047Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1143Has thanked: 3126 timesBeen thanked: 2984 times
- January 7, 2021 at 7:17 pm #429044
- January 7, 2021 at 6:37 pm #429040Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 204Has thanked: 3994 timesBeen thanked: 975 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.