Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I wrote a blog on my Fetlife about my first makeover. I had my Pastor read it and afterwards she was really accepting. She professed joy that I I thought so much of her that I confided in her and Jesus. She said that Stacie is as welcome to come as Dave, my male self.

Hi, Stacie. I am so happy you’re pastor has been so accepting . Hugs, Allysa

Erika Henderson
      Duchess - Annual

Stacie, that is wonderful! So happy she is so accepting

Lola Caprice
      Baroness

I love, love, love, this Stacie! 💕💕

I too am a member of a very progressive and accepting church.  I have not come out to my pastor…or anyone else but my wife but I’m sure I will some day and I take great comfort in the fact that Lola will be accepted.  I’m so happy to learn of other churches where we can be our feminine selves if we choose to be.

💖Lola

My church holds a outreach booth at the local Pride every year. In fact thats how I found them 4 years ago, I should get all Stacie out and come on by wearing a summer dress.

Rhonda Lee
      Baroness - Annual

When I first discovered my female side I recognized I needed to rethink the prejudicial attitudes I grew up believing were correct because my father had strong feelings about nearly everything and we were informed that he was always right, and truly believed he was! So I began attending a MCC to learn for myself what was true by getting to know folks I had been warned to avoid. After a few services I met the pastor over coffee. He asked me questions about my sexual and gender inclinations. I revealed that I crossdress. He immediately encouraged to be my true self. I asked if that would not offend others, especially the gay men in the congregation. He said it likely would bother some, but that was their problem, not mine. So thereafter I dressed as Rhonda for every service and any other meeting involving other congregants. If seen in public no one recognized me. I even played piano for a holy union of two lesbians, wearing a dress given me by one of them. I gave a sermon at the request of the pastor and apologized to all for being one of those who had been unwelcoming or dismissive of others I knew nothing about. I learned the meaning of acceptance, charity, and forgiveness from the very people I had earlier avoided as if they had nothing to offer.

And they learned from me the joy of dressing up. I upgraded the typical dress in that church, as all could see how much I enjoyed my feminine privileges and followed suit, so to speak. They confided in me many things they would not confide with each other and showed me more hospitality than I have experienced anywhere else in my life. I have never found closer friends in any other church or learned so much. They practiced what they preached and by following their examples and just being me rather than a pretender I learned to do the same.

I now go to an Anglican Church here in Victoria BC, in the States this is an Episcopal Church.
      There are two priests, a woman and a man, they both know I am transgender and have embraced me as a trans woman. The rest of the congregation aren’t aware and to them I’m just “one of the ladies”.
      I have a feminine speaking voice and can sing as an alto, so I don’t need to worry that my voice will give me away. I’ve had coffee with both priests and been invited to take part in helping during services.
      Years ago, as a young teenage boy, I was an acolyte in the Episcopal Church my family attended before moving to Canada. So attending this church is like “going home”, only now it’s the “real me”.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Lauren, Greetings from across the strait (Sequim) I wish I could sing alto, I am a very low Bass, Actually, I wish I could sing, outside of my shower that is. My voice is as about as feminine as middle linebacker for the Seattle Seahawks. I am glad you found a church that feels like home.
        Hugs, Kristen

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Stacie,

That is wonderful! I’m very happy for you! It’s so refreshing to hear that some churches can be accepting.

💕Lara

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

So happy for you that your pastor is so accepting. The only question I would have is yes the pastor is accepting but how about the rest of the congragation?

I to am close to coming out to my pastor, already out to several in my church.

good luck!!

. Cassie

Meredith
      Lady

My pastor, episcopal, is openly gay. I have thought about talking to him, but have held back. I consider myself very religious (not spiritual) and my faith and my dressing up have always been at odds.  I am so happy for all you who have been able to reconcile this.

J J
      Lady

Any religion that does not accept somebody for being who there are is not a religion, but is a control cult. Any and all religions should live by the one rule they all profess, but seldom do, ” do unto others as you would have others do unto you”, or some variation. If a pastor, priest or congregant thinks any less of you for how you dress, they are not living up to the teachings of any true religion.

Rhonda Lee
        Baroness - Annual

Amen, sister! The golden rule is fundamental to most religions. Christ, when asked, said one of the two greatest commandments, upon which all law and prophecy rest, include “love your neighbor.” This is preceded by a reference to loving yourself (removing the log in your own eye before trying to tend to the speck in your brother’s eye.” I.e., love yourself, then do the same for your brother.

Hiya, cutie:  I’m a staunch, devout atheist – yup, there is no god and never has been.  But if it makes you happy, and gives you the peace and contentment you deserve, then I couldn’t be happier for you – don’t we all want to be at peace with our situation – no matter where we stand on the Deist spectrum?  So glad you are feeling good about it – rock on, sister!  Holly XXX

Rhonda Lee
        Baroness - Annual

Voltaire was also known to be an atheist, but he sounded agnostic to me when he said “If there were no God, it would be necessary to invent one.” Theist, atheist, or agnostic, I agree there are many roads to peace, regardless of your religious beliefs! I have personally concluded that crossdressing does not conflict with any of the above. It just IS; accepting and enjoying it seems preferable to me than trying to deny what is true and futilely attempt to change who we are. Reaching that conclusion was difficult because of my beliefs, but having reconciled it to my beliefs I am much happier.

Hiya, Rhonda:  Voltaire was indeed (probably) an Atheist; frankly, his demolition of the concept of “this, the best of all possible worlds” in Candide has often (and correctly) been viewed as being a little savage – though unanswerably correct, whether or not you adopt a fundamentalist Atheist viewpoint.  Monsieur Arouet was, of course, more concerned with his viewpoint on the catholic church, rather than regarding christianity (or, indeed, religion) in general.  You, on the other hand, are quite obviously correct in that the road to peace can have many sideroads – all of which lead to the same place; I may not understand your general view, you probably will not understand mine, but that doesn’t mean we can’t end up in the same place.  In the end, almost all of us on this site are on the same side – though we often have to take quite a long journey to realise it!  Love you:  Holly XXX

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?