Viewing 1 reply thread
New Forums
  • Author

I live in Cardiff, the capital city of Wales (The glorious country to the west of England).
      Cardiff pride is on over the weekend June 17th & 18th. My wife and I will be going on the 17th.
      The last time we went it was a free event and it had a real fun and open vibe to it. People could just walk in, so it had a huge mix of LGBTQ+ and non LGBTQ+ people in it. This was some years ago.
      This year will be the first time we have attended that it’s a ticketed event. I appreciate why they have to sell tickets, but this will limit attendance to those on the spectrum, and I feel this will diminish the free and openness of the event, as families and passers by won’t be tempted to join the celebration. I also feel that by making it a ticketed event, it could for some, be seen seen as an “us and them” event.
      I do admit to a small fear that we’ll go through the gates and it will be like a huge gay club. I have no issues with gay people. The reason we are going is that my gay friends have talked us into going, but I’m not a fan of gay clubs. They tend to be a bit over the top… I’m not over the top. I’m just a crossrdesser that wants to blend in…..
      I am being encouraged by my friends to go a bit mad, and go a bit daring, but I’ll be travelling in by bus. My wife and my friends have started daring me to wear certain outfits, but that’s not me…. Well not outside, and certainly not on the bus!!!!! 🙂
      I have over a week to decide, and the weather will help make that decision 🙂

I know that there are not many from Cardiff, or indeed south Wales on here, but if anyone is going on the Saturday, drop me a line and we might get the chance to meet. I’ve never met another CDH member in person.

Cerys

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Don’t they have a parade that the public can get involved in Cerys? It is always a shame when it has to be ticketed but then the cost of these events is quite high and ticketing for certain events is not uncommon.

I hope that you get fair weather and also will be intrigued as to what you will be wearing on the bus. Have a great time.

There is a parade. I think you have to sign up to join it.
        I fully appreciate the costs of such an event, I just think it’s sad that it will/could prevent it being totally inclusive.

Cerys.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?