• Creator
    Topic
    Fiona Richmond
    Participant
    Registered On: April 29, 2021
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I have a gorgeous swimsuit in lycra/ spandex material.  If I rinse it with my towel in the washing machine, is it OK to put fabric conditioner in?  Advice, please.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Wendy Swift
      Lady
      Registered On: May 11, 2020
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 498

No !!   Swimsuits should never put put into the washing machine.  Most recommend hand wash, and in either cold water or luke warm water.  Rinse with cool water.  I wouldn’t wring out the water either, I would lay it flat on a towel and gently pat dry.  Washing machine will ruin a swimsuit incredibly fast.

There is also products available for swimsuits that are gentle on the fabric.  I’d wouldn’t put any swimsuits in the dryer either, it’ll literally destroy the lycra/spandex material.  if you have a clothes rack, place it as flat as possible on the rack and air dry, away from direct sunlight.

I too have a few very expensive and gorgeous one piece swimsuits.  I wear those on rare occassions, and take the utmost care – which is never throw it in the washing machine.

LisaT
      Lady
      Registered On: January 31, 2021
      Topics: 57
      Replies: 671

Read the instructions on the label many of the stretchy fibre mixes have an exclusion which suggests you do not use fabric conditioners. It’s also worth air drying and avoiding tumble drying which is great for fluffing up towels but can damage silky or delicate fabrics

Hugs

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account