• This topic has 50 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I sometimes daydream about strutting down a catwalk or making a dramatic entrance or exit in a scene on a soap.

My question is, what would be your backing track for your catwalk, as you strut your stuff, making that turn back to the audience before exiting the runway..

For me it would be a slow strut to ‘Human’ by ‘Rag’n’bone Man..

I haven’t quite decided on my dramatic entrance or exit..

Anonymous

Oh good question Charlotte.

For me I would come out to “Sweet Dreams” by the Eurythmics, turn and walk of to David Bowie ‘s “Rebel Rebel”

Anonymous

Really good choices Amanda, I can picture that 😊 I love both those songs too. xxx

Anonymous

Absolutely Charlotte, they don’t much better sweetie. How are you enjoying the site?.

Anonymous

I am living/loving the site! It has really helped me release my feminine side, which has been hidden away like a self isolating nun. xx

Anonymous

Yeah it’s a fantastic site, and you get to make loads of friends, and support, and inspiration, but you can be the girl you want to be. xx

C

David Bowie “Heroes” would go well

Anonymous

Yes Simone, that’s a great track too.

Anonymous

Love Bowie, great choice xx

Heroes is my fave Bowie song!

Bridgette vS

Love this question, Charlotte!

I hear catwalk music and find myself adding a little catwalk strut when I go out at night.

It started with Fashion, by Bowie – hardly the most original choice, but the pulsing beat and discordant blast of it entered my head unbidden (I’m a musician, so quite used to tunes popping into my head like that!).

Now I hear all kinds of things – RuPaul’s “You Wear it Well” hit me the moment I first heard it – anything by Ru Paul is uplifting and on point, but anything with a good pulse, like “Show Me Love” by Robin S, will get me strutting somewhat… not overly, just in fun!

https://youtu.be/mS_Dp1KYGIE

https://youtu.be/Ps2Jc28tQrw

https://youtu.be/F-z6u5hFgPk

Earworm time!

Love Laura

Anonymous

Bowie is a popular choice and I can see why, such a great musician, fashion icon and was way ahead of his time.

I am going to have to listen to your choices and strut up and down the kitchen xxx

Anonymous

Hi Charlotte….mmm

I would do the walk on to “Heartbreaker” by Dionne Warwick..

Strut my stuff!!!….and amid the screams of “encore!!!!”…

I would slowly leave to…..” I predict a riot” by the Kaiser chiefs

modestly, Grace xx

Anonymous

Haha Grace that is a wonderful reply, I am Imagining it now as you leave the runway.. and I love both of those songs too

Anonymous

I don’t know much about music but…

Crazy or something from ACDC

Probably not appropriate but it is my dream.

Jessica

Anonymous

Back in Black would be an excellant backing track Jessica x

I love that song and album!

Just over 40 years ago, the first gig I ever went to was AC/DC at Hammersmith Odeon, promoting that very album.

My ears rang for about 3 days afterwards.

That’s one motherstrutter of a song… 🤘

Love Laura

Anonymous

#motherstrutter❤️

Anonymous

“These boots were made for walking”, by Nancy Sinatra just flashed through my mind when I read this post. Not sure if this old girl can do the strut, though.

Bettylou

Anonymous

I love Nancy Sinatra, grear choice. In reality, I am not sure I can strut either, but in my imagination, I am the real deal xxx

Anonymous

Bettylou….never mind the strut… do you play???…..maybe during the mid show interval, we could have a song from “Bettylou and the Bunnies”……

dare I suggest…. ” at the hop”??

stood with autograph book, grace x

Anonymous

HI, Grace,

I do play alto sax (badly), and my bunny Ziggy could thump a backup beat. More likely to attract villagers with pitchforks than autograph hounds, though.

Hugs,
          Bettylou

Anonymous

Haha…brilliant… conjures up a wonderful image!!!……

…..

but he’s Surely not Ziggy…..Stardust??

Anonymous

[postquote quote=424266]

No such luck, Grace…but he does have more musical talent than I do. Only he doesn’t read music; he plays by ear.

Plays by ear?

What instrument is that?

Most instruments I’ve seen get blown, plucked or hit – and I have seen a Mongolian nose flute, but this is a new one on me…

🤩🤩🤩🤗🤗

Anonymous

Hi Laura,

I’m presuming the term “plays by ear” didn’t get across the pond; it refers to the amazing talent of some people who can’t read music to play a song on their chosen instrument after hearing it a time or two. I was also making a pun: rabbit…plays by ear. Sigh.

Ah… I was just riffing off the playing by ear line – we use that term here too, hence the emoticons – but I missed the bit where you said Ziggy is a rabbit… Plays by ear… 🤣

Anonymous

Got it, Laura….I was just trying to keep up with Grace, but I don’t think it can be done.

Hugs,
            Bettylou

“Legs” by ZZ Top. 🙂

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I’d do a Suzi Quattro and come out with one of my Maton guitars, (Australian Made of course), around my neck.

Yes I own a Fender “Strat” and that may fit the mental image better, but I’ll stick by my “own” brand

Caty

I wish I had an immediate answer, but I love the question.
      Something Techno with a lot of BPM and BASS(not the fish! Lol)

There are SOOOOOO many good songs for a catwalk strut.  I’ll share the first 3 that come to mind though:

1. “Waitin’ On A Sunny Day”     by Bruce Springsteen

2. “Love Me Like A Man”     by Bonnie Raitt, very bluesey.

3. “Mario Takes A Walk”     By Jesse Cook

PaulaF

Anonymous

I love blusey, that is a perfect track for a catwalk, I think. You can’t go wrong with the Boss. xxx

I’m not entirely sure why, but when I read the question the first song to pop into my head was “I Touch Myself” by Divinyls. Perhaps not the most widely appropriate song for mixed company but it’s got a great sound. Or maybe “Double Life” by Styx off the Kilroy Was Here album. I like nearly all the selections already listed. Looks to be a great show, when is it?

Bridgette vS

Anonymous

I love those tracks..if it wasnt for covid I would be organising it now. I don’t think you can attach personal videos but I would send in my catwalk.. Though I would undoubtedly do a Naiomi Campbell xxx

Anonymous
      Lady

Here’s another that, literally, wants you to….Strut by Bob Seger

And here’s a video of the Victoria’s Secret gals doin’ it! (I didn’t even search for it. I searched for the song and this was the first result  🙂 )

*kisses* tara 🙂

Anonymous

Haha brilliant, love their outfits and I have got to have some of those angel wings xxx

Anonymous

Charlotte….🎶can I just add that I love the way this post is turning into a rather good video jukebox ……

motherstrutteringly, grace ❤️

I’d want to select my outfit carefully (killer boots would definitely be involved!) but I’d go for ‘I Love Rock and Roll’ by Joan Jett.

Rachel xx

Anonymous

Great catwalk tune 🎶 The boots would be a must!! just watched the music video and she has a great red leather jumpsuit on xx

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I have to apologize for having a disco flashback but I cant get the song

Born to be Alive out of my head! 😁

🎶 … cause I was born, born, born…

Born to be alive 🎶

Patrick Hernandez – it’s on my car playlist along with many other 70s Disco classics – Lovett!!

Stevie Steiner
          Managing Ambassador

Honestly, who can listen to that and not start shakin’ their booty?? 😅

Anonymous

Hi Charlotte love this question my choice would be

Spanish Stroll by Mink Deville. I would hazard a guess if people saw me on the catwalk they

would say – Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden.

Anonymous

Sarah, I am certain that they would not Run to the Hills, which is a great track, that reminds me of a younger me, moshing in a friend’s bedroom.

Just listened to Spanish Stroll, which I recognised instantly and made me smile, perfect for a catwalk xxx

Anonymous

Thank You Charlotte your a great girl.

Anonymous

“Walk This Way” by Aerosmith or “Enter Sandman” by Metallica. Not traditional by any means, but that’s who I am. Plus, I’ve seen fans of Virginia Tech (my team) jumping in heels, so why not do a catwalk in them?

Anonymous

Great choice, I can see it now,love both of of those tunes. x

Anonymous

Despite their unorthodox nature for a catwalk. Most of the time it is something pop or heavy bass. Well that ain’t me. I may be a lady, but I’m also a rocker

I’m thinking… “London’s Burning”! ‘Cos I would be… strutting down the catwalk!

Anonymous

Hahaha..Great answer and tune, Love the Clash, take me back to my misspent youth. x

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?