- 1 to 5
- 5 to 10
- 11 and up
Tagged: cd friends
- November 3, 2020 at 6:31 pm #402537Rachel CrossParticipantRegistered On: October 13, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 180Has thanked: 1085 timesBeen thanked: 928 times
i was wondering ow many cd friends do you have? im not talking about cd friends on the computer. im talking about cds that you have met in person.
i think this calls for a poll.
20 users thanked author for this post.
- November 15, 2020 at 3:32 pm #407011Christine NelsonParticipantRegistered On: April 30, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 16Has thanked: 28 timesBeen thanked: 70 times
- November 15, 2020 at 3:14 pm #407004Phoebe SmythParticipantRegistered On: February 2, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 139Has thanked: 301 timesBeen thanked: 285 times
- November 15, 2020 at 3:08 pm #407003Marlene RobertsParticipantRegistered On: December 9, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 111Has thanked: 1303 timesBeen thanked: 249 times
You really lucked out. Wonderful. Marlene.
- November 15, 2020 at 1:35 pm #406974Mika MaloneParticipantRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 164Has thanked: 443 timesBeen thanked: 554 times
I have one CD friend. I’m really new here at CDH and just got the courage to talk to my wife about moving beyond underdressing. The best thing happened as I dove into the articles and forums. I realized that someone I already know is just like me after seeing her photos. I am extremely fortunate that we connected here at CDH. It will be nice chatting to someone that is already a friend about these things without having any fear of an adverse reaction. I consider myself a lucky girl indeed.
- November 15, 2020 at 8:09 am #406858Deborah SullivanParticipantRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 376Has thanked: 1534 timesBeen thanked: 1296 times
Have had lots over the years since I hang out at drag performances and cd clubs as well as support groups. Very hard I think to just meet others on the streets unless you are en femme too. Most girls are very nervous in public. When you are in an enviroment of other cders everyone is at easy and open up. Then usually plan a get together for coffee or an outing together. Then there is the domino effect of having a friend who introduces you to their friends and so on. Attend tg events and gay pride or attend parties and conferences and see how others are as excited as you in pairing up
- November 14, 2020 at 7:19 pm #406687Paula FParticipantRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 682Has thanked: 1819 timesBeen thanked: 2489 times
I have 2 very good and close girlfriends who are CD and have known one since my late 20’s, the other since my 30’s. They both live an hour from me, but we do get together at least once a month, sometimes more. There are other girls that join us from time to time when opportunity allows them an evening or afternoon free. There are many girls who come and go pretty often though, but the main support group here in the area knows about us and has our numbers to let us know if someone is ready to take a step out in a protective atmosphere.
- November 14, 2020 at 4:43 pm #406617Marlene RobertsParticipantRegistered On: December 9, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 111Has thanked: 1303 timesBeen thanked: 249 times
Alison.:Lucky you! Marlene.
- November 14, 2020 at 3:02 pm #406594Marcie MayParticipantRegistered On: January 7, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 106Has thanked: 660 timesBeen thanked: 267 times
Sorry to say none, but would love to meet CD friends in person, to dress and go out feeling safe…. unfortunately COVID has made it difficult, any UK dressers that would like to meet please get in touch…xx
- November 14, 2020 at 1:29 pm #406578Caroline OBrienParticipantRegistered On: April 18, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 60Has thanked: 115 timesBeen thanked: 245 times
- November 14, 2020 at 12:08 pm #406552Alison AndersonParticipantRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 331Has thanked: 155 timesBeen thanked: 1191 times
I’m a bit unsure how to answer the question. A GG friend would throw parties a few times a year, and I got to meet a lot of people at the parties. Some people came for a number of these parties and then stopped, while others took their place. There were a number of people who came regularly, and we became friends. But other than these events, or occasional events outside her home, we didn’t do anything together. These were basically cocktail parties, but with many CD/TG attendees (and some supporters as well).
I also started attending another support group, where I met some more people. Some I had met at the parties, while others were new acquaintances.
This summer, my GG friend was going to meet with several other CDers and we would go to the home of another CDer who lives near the beach. At the last minute, my GG friend wasn’t feeling up to the long ride, so I ended up joining my other CD friends to one home where we carpooled the remainder of the trip.
So I’ve met a lot, friends with some, and gone out with a few.
- November 13, 2020 at 8:05 am #406129Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1443Has thanked: 1030 timesBeen thanked: 3510 times
I had a few CD friends and was looking to make more. Then this Covid 19 virus came along nnd it pretty much out an end to that. Now it’s pretty much only online interactions.
- November 13, 2020 at 12:04 am #406010GretaParticipantRegistered On: October 31, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 11Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 33 times
The local websites here in UK are all about sex assignments. Really crude photis and messages. Ive stopped looking. I wanted to be beautiful ofs pirit and gentle
- November 12, 2020 at 11:07 am #405862Peggy Sue WilliamsParticipantRegistered On: June 26, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 220Has thanked: 834 timesBeen thanked: 893 times
If you have CD friend(s), treasure her. If you participate in a CD group which you feel comfortable in, treasure it.
CD friendships take time to develop, but it is worth waiting.
The character of CD groups change over time and may no longer be a good fit for you, move on. If the group is a good fit, get involved, support the group, support new girls. It is common to outgrow a group that was once a good fit.
- November 12, 2020 at 7:50 am #405787EmilyParticipantRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 16Replies: 629Has thanked: 3331 timesBeen thanked: 1717 times
Sadly had to answer none here. There are a few ladies I have been out with before, but none that I would actually consider “friends”. Just acquaintances.
- November 11, 2020 at 4:55 pm #405576Rachel CrossParticipantRegistered On: October 13, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 180Has thanked: 1085 timesBeen thanked: 928 times
cds are hard to meet. especially when most of them dont leave the house dressed. it would be nice to find a few that could go out and do some shopping or get a pedicure. im sure if i could take them out once and show them theres nothing to be afraid of they would want to go out all the time. i dont mind going out by myself. i get along with everyone. so many complements and nice people. sometimes i think they think im a celebrity. just a cd out having fun.
- November 11, 2020 at 10:29 am #405437Robyn DevineParticipantRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 386Has thanked: 1043 timesBeen thanked: 1563 times
Some things I’ve observed in past and present
Like here at CDH, its seems difficult to get a group together consistently. To be fair of course, everyone has work/home/family schedules to take care of, but as I would like to try and get together an Arizona or Phoenix group together, it seems more time is needed than one can give a lot of times.
When it comes to in person, there seems to be an aversion to meeting as one’s drab self. I see this and notice that unless you can go out completely in femme, you dont go out and meet other cd’s.
it makes for CD time all the more difficult. Just observations and food for discussion.
xo – Robyn 😁🤗
- November 11, 2020 at 9:02 am #405404Dala CarlianParticipantRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 102Has thanked: 212 timesBeen thanked: 283 times
- November 10, 2020 at 3:18 pm #405158JACKIE SlipsParticipantRegistered On: July 29, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 26Has thanked: 67 timesBeen thanked: 77 times
- November 10, 2020 at 1:54 pm #405127CarlaParticipantRegistered On: September 16, 2016Topics: 1Replies: 15Has thanked: 28 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
- November 6, 2020 at 9:46 pm #403859Julie TaylorParticipantRegistered On: July 2, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 3 times
I am so fortunate to have a large number of trans friends. Many in various stages of their journey. There is nothing like community and to be able to gather with one or more girls to have conversations not only about life in general but covering many of the subjects you see on the forum. Prior to Covid we would meet for dinner out with some times up to twenty girls attending. I go out with one or two friends on occasion now that it is opening up some in my area. I treasure each moment I spend with my friends. Since covid one of the girls subscribed to Zoom so we meet each week online for several hours of lively conversation.
I urge all of the ladies who live near a large population center to do a web search for trans groups. They are more prevalent than you think and once you make contact it is a great source for making friends. I went to London several years ago and searched for a group and found The Way Out Club. Had a great evening, met some new friends and through them found other friendly venues. Keep searching, a girl can’t have too many friends.
- November 6, 2020 at 4:50 pm #403756Yael LyonsParticipantRegistered On: October 9, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 13Has thanked: 165 timesBeen thanked: 41 times
Also, sadly none. I would like to meet one or more in the Seattle area after Covid is finally done with. I was about to attend my first Emerald City Club meeting back in April until it was cancelled due to Covid.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- November 6, 2020 at 1:37 pm #403707Amber LeeParticipantRegistered On: September 27, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 4Has thanked: 32 timesBeen thanked: 16 times
- November 6, 2020 at 8:44 am #403638
- November 6, 2020 at 8:26 am #403637Amy MyersParticipantRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1082Has thanked: 2832 timesBeen thanked: 2651 times
Though being here at CDH I was invited to attend a meeting of a local (Toronto, Ont) social group for CD’s and TG’s, which I did, then joined I the group. So through them I have met so many other CD’s a number of which have become friends.
There is an interesting intimacy meeting these folks in real life situations, read, in drab, for lunch or whatever other non dressing situation it might be. As we know each other’s secret!
- November 5, 2020 at 7:57 am #403183Bobbi SueParticipantRegistered On: September 15, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 97Has thanked: 123 timesBeen thanked: 592 times
Sadly, none. I’m on here as well as FB. You’d think I’d run into someone at least in the same State, but not so far. Too bad because I’d love to go places dolled up with a friend. Not to mention the support and friendship would be nice.
That said, I do have a handful of CD and TS online that I believe meet the friendship criteria. Diane Crow on CDH is a perfect example. One day, post Covid, I know we’ll all meet. …I’m dying to go to Divas Las Vegas.
- November 5, 2020 at 6:22 am #403153AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 6Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 25 times
- November 5, 2020 at 4:48 am #403135Jill SweetParticipantRegistered On: November 2, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 69Has thanked: 99 timesBeen thanked: 324 times
Would love to get to know some in my area. feel alone in this journey and I have so much to learn plus I would love to talk all things girly and share secrets.
Sweet pink kisses
- November 5, 2020 at 4:34 am #403128Rachel CrossParticipantRegistered On: October 13, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 180Has thanked: 1085 timesBeen thanked: 928 times
its like i thought. not many cds have cd friends. i think so many are so far in the closet and not ready to come out. it could be from fear of being discovered. i talked to alot of cds in my area and tried to find someone to go shopping with or go out and do something with. all i find is ones that just want to stay home and have sex. this is the place i found the most cds that actually leave the house. unfortunately none in my area. been looking for at least 2 years now. i found one but had to train her. shes all set now and we keep looking for more. hope someday tere will be more like us. right now we have a lot of non cd friends that accept us as we are.
- November 4, 2020 at 4:54 pm #402966StephanieParticipantRegistered On: May 17, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 16Has thanked: 55 timesBeen thanked: 79 times
I was in an acting class that had several cds and trans. There is one cd that I met of in the town I live. None of these mentions were friends.
now I have met so far, 4 cds here on cdh and we meet regularly. I am hoping to meet so many more I have come to know here🥰
- November 4, 2020 at 4:52 pm #402964Lucinda HawknsParticipantRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 1179Has thanked: 76 timesBeen thanked: 1170 times
- November 4, 2020 at 4:01 pm #402955Marlene RobertsParticipantRegistered On: December 9, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 111Has thanked: 1303 timesBeen thanked: 249 times
- November 4, 2020 at 3:55 pm #402952
- November 4, 2020 at 3:39 pm #402945GreenMtgurlParticipantRegistered On: November 5, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 12Has thanked: 215 timesBeen thanked: 53 times
Not for the lack of trying… but I had to check “none”. For some reason we CDers seem to be a hard bunch to get to know. I have met a few over the years but no lasting friendships to stay connected with. Living in the boonies probably doesn’t help things either. Like others here have said it would just be nice to have at least one understanding CD friend to share things in common and this wonderful side of life with. Hey! You never know…anything is possible someday I guess………..
- November 4, 2020 at 2:40 pm #402930Laura LovettParticipantRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 8Replies: 444Has thanked: 1253 timesBeen thanked: 2153 times
I ticked 5-10, but could be more or less, depending on how you count them!
There are the girls from the support group, which, to be fair, I only attended once. One of them regularly comes to Brighton and we meet for meals, shopping and ents.
The first person I met in Brighton is an ex drag queen, and I’ve met several performing queens since, all of whom are lovely ladies.
I’ve met at least 6-7 CDs, some Trans girls – and a friend I did pantomime with years ago has now fully transitioned, and is enjoying life with her wife and children, although her church have been really awful about it.
My wife works with Blu Hydrangea’s uncle (Blu was on Ru Paul’s Drag Race UK), so there are sisters all around.
Just waiting for the wife to finally realise that it’s far from wierd, but everywhere, and normal!
- November 4, 2020 at 2:21 pm #402924
- November 4, 2020 at 1:45 pm #402914Sandy JaysonParticipantRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 248Has thanked: 587 timesBeen thanked: 1071 times
I like many here have no CD friends I can talk with and go shopping with. Iv’e tried to set up a shopping trip with 2 of the gals here at CDH and the both backed out the day before. I don’t blame them, they are probably not ready to go there yet. But for me at the age of 66 I am going to keep looking for friends to share my new self with. Weather it is another CD or a GG ( I don’t a GM would ever understand ). Maybe someday I can change my site for lonelycd to something else. All you gals here at CDH are great but sharing with someone face to face elevates to heaven.
- November 4, 2020 at 1:28 pm #402909Samantha DuncanParticipantRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 9Has thanked: 18 timesBeen thanked: 43 times
- November 4, 2020 at 11:49 am #402881GretaParticipantRegistered On: October 31, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 11Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 33 times
- November 4, 2020 at 11:23 am #402874
- November 4, 2020 at 9:06 am #402831Robyn DevineParticipantRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 386Has thanked: 1043 timesBeen thanked: 1563 times
- November 4, 2020 at 8:02 am #402809
- November 4, 2020 at 7:50 am #402804Kelly TerryParticipantRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 13Replies: 149Has thanked: 110 timesBeen thanked: 551 times
For the longest time I was deep in the closet = not ready to talk to anyone about it except my wife.
This last year I started to leave the closet a little and if it was a big gathering with multiple cd/lgbt* people somewhere around ottawa I might even go there. I did even look for anything but besides covid preventing any gathering I haven’t found anything besides gendermosaic which seems to have had it’s last even in 2018.
I have done some private chat with CDH people in ottawa area but I don’t think I would be ready to meet anyone in person if it’s just us two (and I think the people I talked to feel the same).
- November 4, 2020 at 7:22 am #402779Vivian CinnamonParticipantRegistered On: June 13, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 2Has thanked: 44 timesBeen thanked: 14 times
- November 4, 2020 at 5:07 am #402674Amanda WoodsParticipantRegistered On: November 26, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 33Has thanked: 49 timesBeen thanked: 158 times
- November 4, 2020 at 4:59 am #402672
- November 4, 2020 at 4:17 am #402657Joanne JacksonParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 86Has thanked: 198 timesBeen thanked: 375 times
Sadly none . . . That i know of.
Let’s be honest, most of us are rather shy.
I think a local group would go a long way in changing that. Having a friend or two to coffee date, gossip, and shop with would be so nice.
- November 4, 2020 at 3:45 am #402645
- November 4, 2020 at 3:33 am #402644stephanie plumbParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 100Replies: 956Has thanked: 1167 timesBeen thanked: 3637 times
Unfortunately not! Though I am always on the lookout. Who know – one of theses days I will meet one on one of my country walks. We would already have a lot in common (on the common, lol.)
But would I have the courage to approach her? If our eyes met… and she didn’t look away….
Oh well, I’m daydreaming again.
- November 3, 2020 at 9:27 pm #402602Camryn OccasionnelParticipantRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 403Has thanked: 705 timesBeen thanked: 987 times
Sadly, I had to choose “none”.
When I first joined CDH, I was only too happy to find that there were others like me who hid in the shadows, privately dressing, yet longing to associate with other CDs. I’ve gotten to know quite a few of them here, and even a few special friends, separated unfortunately by unforgiving geographical barriers. But I would like to meet them all someday! (Although right now that seems highly unlikely.)
For those of you relatively new to CDH, there was a new initiative started about a year ago called “Local Chapters.” It offers a way for CDH members living (relatively) close to one another to form a CDH “special” Group and plan Group meetups in person. If interested, you can read about it at:
At the present time, all of the Local Chapters that have been formed are in the USA. But I think it would be exciting to see Local Chapters formed by CDH girls in other countries. I see so many members here from the UK, Canada, and Australia. It’s great to be a part of a global CD community!
- November 3, 2020 at 8:04 pm #402568Stevie65ParticipantRegistered On: September 6, 2019Topics: 18Replies: 110Has thanked: 184 timesBeen thanked: 420 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.