Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      DeLora
      Lady

When shopping online for crossdresser/transgender clothing many garments are shown on GG models. Only a few stores seem to use crossdresser/transgender models. Do you prefer to see clothing modeled by a GG or a genetic male (crossdresser/transgender)?

Ashley
      Lady

This is an interesting topic… I voted CD/trans models but I don’t really mind either way. Seeing clothes modeled by either GG or CD/trans models can both be inspiring to me. Seeing anyone with some feature or features similar to me and modeling an item I like gets me excited about possibly being able to pull of that look myself.

Anonymous

I’m sorry if your offended by what i said but I think you got my point quite clearly Stephanie,

I simply meant that the clothes from a CD store should be modeled by someone that has the same type of body as they do, come on women have been fighting the same bloody thing for years about perfect bodys of models used to sell them clothes that look nothing like what they see on them, I am not  in anyway sexist by saying this.

By the way “Transgender Heaven” is only a click away for you bottom right of this page not that there will be any difference there mabie you could go and call them a bunch of crossdressers see how that turns out for you?

Oh and by the way your comment “Are there such shops that only cater for crossdressers?” Top of the screen under STOR

Crossdresser clothes just have a better cut for men and no born female would shop in a store that sell womens clothes ment for men, tho the only thing I agree with you is I have never used one I felt it unfair to blurt it out in a post directed at people that do.

If you have added a third choice ‘It doesn’t matter’ I would have voted. For me personally it doesn’t matter. It’s the clothes they are wearing that makes my heart go pitter patter, not the person.

Love and Peace,

Amber

I’m sorry that this subject apparently has some baggage.  I answered that I prefer cis women but, in truth, it doesn’t really matter to me.  What does matter is that the model looks like a cis women.  I suppose even that could be seen as discriminatory, but aren’t we dressing to look like cis women?  I do plenty of dressing in women’s clothing, not either passing or trying to, but I’m am trying to look both feminine and stylish.  There are some of us who look so good in women’s clothes that it is inspiring.  I wonder sometimes when I feel that I look good if I’m not just imaging it!

FAM

It doesn’t make any difference to me as I think about how something will look on ME and not the model…

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

No preference.   If you are model material, you’re model material.  I wish I was gorgeous enough to pull that off!  I’m going to be focused on the clothes anyway, wondering how good they would look on me. 😁

Stevie

Emily
      Lady

It doesn’t matter to me. As long as the clothes look good on the model and someone can get an idea of how it would look on them.

Kassie
      Lady

Well I’ve made the mistake in the past of seeing a dress that looks stunning on a GG model and ordered it, only to be very disappointed when I’ve tried it on. There’s nothing worse then falling in love with a dress and then falling out of love with it when you see yourself wearing it in the mirror :/

But I think now when I shop online for clothes, it doesn’t matter so much to me whether the model is GG or not. I tend to get a better idea seeing models that have similar body traits to mine, regardless of whether they are GG or not. For example, I have slightly broader shoulders that I don’t want to draw attention to, so if I liked a certain female top, I would look for models with wider shoulders wearing that style, even if its not the exact top. 🙂

I’d rather see CD/TG over GG – all day every day under any circumstances.

Plus, it gives a better indication of how the clothes will fit.  Body fat distro for GGs is nothing like that of a genetic male.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

It’s not really CD or GG but more a model more realistic/closer to me. When they show this petit slim model wearing some XXS dress I know that’s not the way it will look on my way big 8XL body.

Anonymous

I’d rather see it on another crossdresser, I think it gives us a better idea how it will look and fit on me for the cut, shoulder size, sleeve length, that kind of thing.

i like to see real woman modeling a dress or skirt and blouse more then a cross dresser, no offence. wish there was a better chose to pic from it would of been both.

Anonymous
      Lady

I have to agree with Kelly, it is not so much the genetics (gg/cd/tg) of the model as the size and build. Even for gg’s this is a problem. If you show a model that is an annoying size 0 and your trying to figure out how it will look on a real person, there is no comparison. Show me a real woman, size double digits with curves, or a cd/tg in real world size, just get the scrawny little toothpick out of the way and give her a decent meal!

🍷C

Tough call. I’ve bought male clothes online and in stores only to find those dang models/mannequins made me all too conscious of my less than ideal figure when I tried on the clothes and have had the exact same experience with female clothing.
      What I perceive as attractive and what others see on me as attractive seldom match up and as I age I treat it more as a never ending work in progress.

I’d love a try it before you buy it option plus free pick up and delivery/and or returns and to H#$L with models!

Being this is a very specific case, I would say I would like to see another CD/TG model.  With all respect, men are built different, and as we try to contour ourselves, we need a better reference than some 5′-1″ size 0 itty bitty little thing.  Having a CD model whose a little more…bulky?, manly?… gives us a better reference.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

This poll needs a 3rd choice – no preference. I didn’t vote.

When I’m shopping for women’s clothes, I’d like to see them modeled by a woman. It makes no difference if she’s a CD, transwoman, or genetic woman. If she looks good and the clothes look good on her, I’m more likely to buy.

Emily

DeLora
        Lady

I realize I should have included a 3rd option, but I guess sometimes you are stuck with just two options, neither of which are particularly favorable.

Hippie
      Lady

I say why not both or all genders

I’d have said doesn’t matter to me had that been a choice. That said, I very very rarely shop at stores or sites that cater to CD/TG buyers and mostly buy women’s clothes from the more typical channels. I find the sites that cater to non-GG have too small a selection and usually nothing on trend or specialty, but rather more staple pieces or club wear. I am blessed with a more slight build so finding women’s clothes that fit is not a problem, and with a little patience shoes as well.

DeLora
      Lady

Thanks for your response Stephanie, I don’t think I was being sexist, I didn’t express an opinion either way, I was just posing a question. Perhaps I should have given a little more context.
      I have been exploring my gender identity for the past year or so after 4 decades of doing everything in my power not to think about it.

When I have been shopping online for feminine clothes I have checked out a few companies that cater specifically to CD/TG folks. Some use CD models where as other use GG models, I am assuming they are GG, perhaps they are TG, I often can’t tell and to be honest I don’t care. I guess I should have said stereo-typically male shaped models vs stereo-typically female shaped?? I really don’t know. I certainly don’t intend to offend anyone while I learn a little more about the community that I find myself a part of.

Personally, when looking at clothes online I like to see models that are shaped something like me looking good in the clothes i’d like to buy.  I do find I am most inspired by feminine models, but I guess for the most part feminine clothes are made to flatter a feminine figure. I know I am at least partly female in my head, but everything else is 100% male.

Hey, maybe one day clothes will be designed for and modeled by whoever the heck wants to wear them.

Stephanie, if modeling clothes made you happy I’d love to see clothes modeled by you, go for it girl!!

D.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?