Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I really enjoy this site and talking with all you girls.  I have been out a number of times but that has gotten not as exciting as it once was.  I was wondering if there was an interest in members here getting together.  I am just a member of CDH so this is not a poll from CDH.

Emily
      Lady

I belong to a couple local CD groups on meetup.com I have had the opportunity to get together with them a few times, and always had great fun! We generally go out for dinner and drinks at a trans friendly bar/restaurant in Arlington Virginia. They also hold larger events throughout the year at various locations. Sometimes it’s a “soirée” type of event, sometimes it’s just a public outing. It’s always fun and feels safer to be part of a group when going out. I can’t always attend, but I still get updates and invitations about upcoming events.

I recommend checking on meetup.com for similar groups in your area. You may be pleasantly surprised to find opportunities to go out in safe, friendly, environments.

Hi Emily, I’ve actually started 2 meetup groups in Southern California and I haven’t really been able to get the girls together.  I particularly enjoy the conversations here so I thought I would see if there was an interest.  Hugs. Jennifer

Hib Jennifer:  I live in Palm Deset, and there do not appear to be any meet up.com CD or Trans groups out here. Where are your groups located? Maybe I could join one or both?

Hi Jennifer:  I am so excited about Halloween, and can’t wait to meet you and your wife. You’ll be at dinner?

Thanks for making this poll! As a novice crossdresser, one of my goals is to go out to events dressed up, and I don’t think I’d be willing to do that without other women like myself around me at first. Having meetups and getting to personally know people in the community would be awesome!

Anonymous

Stephanie,

You echoed  my feelings, spot-on.

K Swim
      Lady

I enjoy the outdoors during the summer, so a country retreat would be my idea.

Anonymous

I think that a lot of us girls on CDH would absolutely love to meet and chat in person all using a beautiful dress and our favorite heels with our legs crossed chatting away and of course shopping I definitely would attend if cdh threw a great and meet kisses 💋 jasminejeffries

Something Australia-based would be awesome. Sydney-based would be even better 😀

Anonymous

Hi Rachel , somewhere east coast of Australia would be great , Tiff

I had hoped someone would take up this topic one day, and I’m grateful you made this poll.

It wasn’t long after I joined CDH that I began to think that it might be nice to meet in person with the CDH members I had gotten to know (and even those I don’t know).

But, as a crossdresser, I am a closeted, solitary loner, whose crossdressing skills have not improved to any extent over the past few years. I’m afraid I may be an embarrassment to the others who come to any such meetup, especially you younger gurls.

Given my present status, I think a day-long event would be what I would be most willing to do. It would have to be within a hundred-mile driving distance of my home.

I envision a “Keystone Conference” type of event, in that it would really be great if we could stage the meet at a CD-friendly hotel in the designated city. Since I would never travel en femme, I would need to drive up at night, check in, then up early the next morning to dress and do makeup. After that, meet, and spend the rest of the day with my CDH gurlfriends, then de-femme and drive back that night.

Given these time and distance constraints, and my abhorrence of flying, I probably will never get to meet those CDH friends who live in the UK and AU, whom I long to meet.

Oh, well, it’s all just a pipe dream, really. But at least I can still dream.

Anonymous

Camryn,

You aren’t alone; I’m old in years but essentially new to CD – and in dire need of some expert makeup tutoring.

Still, if I had the chance to meet others, I would give it my best try.

Hugs,

Bettylou

Melissa Davis
        Baroness

I travel in drab, check into the hotel and change.Back into drab for breakfast and departure. It’s easy to do.

I would love to meet other cd’s in the Milwaukee area.

Jennifer!! what a fantastic poll!! I think, everyones ideas of meeting up depends a lot on their situation and to some extent courage!! it certainly applies to me anyway. I long to meet up but it would have to be the correct environment. A country retreat sounds great, busy areas for me are a definate no no. Maybe all this could change as i steadily build up confidence, but for now, i would like to keep it simple. 🙂

Fiona xxx

Jessica
      Lady

I would love a get together. I think it would be super, but I’d want to bring my SO/Wife because she is so supportive and loving.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Getting together with other CD’s is a great and wonderful experience.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

To the “OZ” girls who have already responded here.

“TransFusion” or something like that is to be held in Melbourne circa October. Its a formal ball in the style of the former Seahorse Society Balls held in Sydney for many years.

I’m not attending, but if you start googling I’m sure you’ll come up with something.Sherrin at Costume World Moorabbin (aka Ladybits) is a sponsor, so she can provide details as well

Transgender Radio out of Sydney used to run a two day event up at Katoomba for many years “Transformal”, but that “died” a year or two ago. “Personalities within” did not help…

Seahorse up in Sydney are trying to re start the Balls and was due to run one this year out at Parramatta, but a concert or such like was announced near the venue and the room rates went through the roof. They cancelled.

Hope all this helps,

Happy (formal) dressing

Caty

C

I think there’s a group in Sydney still gets together for a meal one evening each month, but I don’t have any contact details. I just bumped into them accidentally last year when I happened to be at the same venue they were using 🙂

(As in I was at the bar looking around and thinking  “There seem to be an awful lot of crossdressers in here tonight” ie more than just me 😀 )

Hi Caty

talking to some of the girls at the club in Adelaide , it seems that the Trsnsfusion type event is being reborn at the Carington hotel in Katoomba , maybe in Oct next year

hope it comes to fruition and I will definitely go if it happens

cheers Naomi d

If a regional or singular conference of CDH ladies were held, not only should there be makeup classes/sessions, but I think many would enjoy the services of makeup pro’s who would be available for transformation sessions.  I think to make it worth the time of those makeup pro’s, the ladies would have to pre-book set times and reserve with a credit card.  I put forward the prebooking and c/c requirements to weed out those who are not committed from those who are.   Just my two cents worth there.

Melissa Davis
        Baroness

If a gathering is held near a Sephora outlet, you can probably arrange makeovers. A^ First Event in Boston a couple of pros experienced with the trans community had a booth at the hotel.

Melissa Davis
      Baroness

Regional meetings already exist. The annual First Event,the only one I have attended, will meet in Boston next January. The most recent meeting attracted nearly 1,000 girls. There is a larger annual meeting in Pennsylvania.

I wonder if CDH could be a place where we could organize small, informal meetings. For example, I’d be interested in getting together for, say, dinner, with CDH members in the Boston area.

It is an interesting idea. Some time ago several CDH girls from the UK set up a Forum topic and tried to organize a meetup of members who lived relatively close by. I followed that topic for some time, even expressed my enthusiasm for the idea (even though I live in USA). Venues and dates were offered and discussed, but I don’t think the meetup ever came to pass.

Maybe one day a small cadre of stateside CDH members living near each other will be successful in organizing a meet by coordinating it thru CDH communication tools, like a Forum topic. I’d like to follow their planning if they do and expect a full report if they actually meet!

Well, it seems I’m behind the times. Check out the topic “North west UK meet up.” It seems Laura Lovett is reviving interest in a UK meetup!

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Aussie ladies, I would fly over to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane for a meetup. Hugs Gigi

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Something for all us Oz Girls and perhaps one or three Kiwis.

http://www.transactshon.com/

My “home circumstances” prevent me from attending, but good luck to anyone else who wants to attend.

Caty

Anonymous

Wow girls. Sounds like we all would enjoy some time together. I would certainly enjoy the experience. The support would be incredible! Saw some similar posts. Hopefully this will happen. HUGS Mina.

Well ladies , this really is a very timely topic for myself . After years of fear and procrastination I have finally made contact with the local CD club in Adelaide SA  . This club is long established and is very active thanks to decent core members , they meet officially in a local venue monthly and organize frequent social outings . After initial contact via email and promising communication I finally worked up the courage to step from behind the curtain and attend my first meeting . I can’t decribe how nervous I was but soon settled into a lovley , relaxed night in good down to earth company where it’s ok just to be me . The club is now hosting a social night out next week , dinner at a well know local hotel which I have determined to attend  . being a totally public venue , I find myself being just as nervous but know that in this company I will be alright in the end . I hindsight , the biggest problem will prove to be that age old issue of what to wear .                  Cheers Naomi d

Hi Jennifer,

Meeting others from CDH would be fun.  The public activities would be fun too.  Hey, a girl has to eat and who can resist a great sale?

Alice

Amy Myers
      Baroness

An organized get together would be fun, though to be honest, I have met one of the Ambassadors here, and a couple of others who live quite close to me, as it turned out. Great experience, all around, I have to say.  However the costs of things like a weekend in a hotel can get very high quite easily, as I have run many events in the past (not CD related though).

My issue, would be how to get away for a weekend somewhere without arousing suspicion amoungst other family members. My wife knows, and is supportive, and would be good with it, but my kids, and their SO’s don’t know about Amy. There would be questions which I’m not sure I could convincingly answer would be inevitable.

Amy

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I’m GAME!!

I want to meet/confer/have teaching sessions/nights out/days shopping….yes!

I can travel and I think it should be an annual event. I think that a City Center would be great for the shopping/dining options…

Great poll Thanks,

Dala

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?