- I would like to meet others on CDH
- I would like one conference
- I would like regional conferences
- I would like to meet once a year
- I would like a get together once a quarter.
- I would like weekly or monthly activities.
- I would travel more than 1500 miles.
- I am only able to travel less than 500 miles
- I would like a day long event
- I would like a weekend event
- I would like a week long event
- I would prefer a city center
- I would like a country retreat
- Should SOs be invited
- I would like public activities like dining and shopping
- I would like private activities like movies and discussion groups
- I would like workshops on makeup, clothing, wigs and style
- I have little interest is such a get together.
Tagged: CDH gatherings
- July 9, 2019 at 10:53 am #196422
Jennifer SwansonParticipantRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 22Replies: 98Has thanked: 1612 timesBeen thanked: 259 times
I really enjoy this site and talking with all you girls. I have been out a number of times but that has gotten not as exciting as it once was. I was wondering if there was an interest in members here getting together. I am just a member of CDH so this is not a poll from CDH.
- July 21, 2019 at 4:04 pm #199744Naomi DuncansonParticipantRegistered On: June 7, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 10Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 11 times
Well ladies , this really is a very timely topic for myself . After years of fear and procrastination I have finally made contact with the local CD club in Adelaide SA . This club is long established and is very active thanks to decent core members , they meet officially in a local venue monthly and organize frequent social outings . After initial contact via email and promising communication I finally worked up the courage to step from behind the curtain and attend my first meeting . I can’t decribe how nervous I was but soon settled into a lovley , relaxed night in good down to earth company where it’s ok just to be me . The club is now hosting a social night out next week , dinner at a well know local hotel which I have determined to attend . being a totally public venue , I find myself being just as nervous but know that in this company I will be alright in the end . I hindsight , the biggest problem will prove to be that age old issue of what to wear . Cheers Naomi d
- July 16, 2019 at 10:23 am #198429Mina MichaelsParticipantRegistered On: June 30, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 29Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 57 times
- July 15, 2019 at 2:28 am #198004Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 35Replies: 336Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 429 times
- July 15, 2019 at 1:34 am #197999
- July 14, 2019 at 7:51 pm #197939Melissa DavisParticipantRegistered On: September 4, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 32Has thanked: 209 timesBeen thanked: 44 times
Regional meetings already exist. The annual First Event,the only one I have attended, will meet in Boston next January. The most recent meeting attracted nearly 1,000 girls. There is a larger annual meeting in Pennsylvania.
I wonder if CDH could be a place where we could organize small, informal meetings. For example, I’d be interested in getting together for, say, dinner, with CDH members in the Boston area.
- July 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm #197940Camryn OccasionnelParticipantRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 240Has thanked: 268 timesBeen thanked: 310 times
It is an interesting idea. Some time ago several CDH girls from the UK set up a Forum topic and tried to organize a meetup of members who lived relatively close by. I followed that topic for some time, even expressed my enthusiasm for the idea (even though I live in USA). Venues and dates were offered and discussed, but I don’t think the meetup ever came to pass.
Maybe one day a small cadre of stateside CDH members living near each other will be successful in organizing a meet by coordinating it thru CDH communication tools, like a Forum topic. I’d like to follow their planning if they do and expect a full report if they actually meet!
- July 14, 2019 at 8:57 pm #197955Camryn OccasionnelParticipantRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 240Has thanked: 268 timesBeen thanked: 310 times
Well, it seems I’m behind the times. Check out the topic “North west UK meet up.” It seems Laura Lovett is reviving interest in a UK meetup!
- July 13, 2019 at 7:17 am #197555Anne PreussParticipantRegistered On: December 13, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 336Has thanked: 432 timesBeen thanked: 381 times
If a regional or singular conference of CDH ladies were held, not only should there be makeup classes/sessions, but I think many would enjoy the services of makeup pro’s who would be available for transformation sessions. I think to make it worth the time of those makeup pro’s, the ladies would have to pre-book set times and reserve with a credit card. I put forward the prebooking and c/c requirements to weed out those who are not committed from those who are. Just my two cents worth there.
- July 21, 2019 at 6:15 pm #199762Melissa DavisParticipantRegistered On: September 4, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 32Has thanked: 209 timesBeen thanked: 44 times
If a gathering is held near a Sephora outlet, you can probably arrange makeovers. A^ First Event in Boston a couple of pros experienced with the trans community had a booth at the hotel.
- July 12, 2019 at 3:16 pm #197382Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 35Replies: 336Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 429 times
To the “OZ” girls who have already responded here.
“TransFusion” or something like that is to be held in Melbourne circa October. Its a formal ball in the style of the former Seahorse Society Balls held in Sydney for many years.
I’m not attending, but if you start googling I’m sure you’ll come up with something.Sherrin at Costume World Moorabbin (aka Ladybits) is a sponsor, so she can provide details as well
Transgender Radio out of Sydney used to run a two day event up at Katoomba for many years “Transformal”, but that “died” a year or two ago. “Personalities within” did not help…
Seahorse up in Sydney are trying to re start the Balls and was due to run one this year out at Parramatta, but a concert or such like was announced near the venue and the room rates went through the roof. They cancelled.
Hope all this helps,
Happy (formal) dressing
- July 14, 2019 at 10:20 pm #197960Rachel PlainParticipantRegistered On: July 4, 2016Topics: 3Replies: 131Has thanked: 50 timesBeen thanked: 154 times
I think there’s a group in Sydney still gets together for a meal one evening each month, but I don’t have any contact details. I just bumped into them accidentally last year when I happened to be at the same venue they were using 🙂
(As in I was at the bar looking around and thinking “There seem to be an awful lot of crossdressers in here tonight” ie more than just me 😀 )
- This reply was modified 1 week ago by Rachel Plain.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- July 12, 2019 at 6:40 am #197262Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 498Has thanked: 163 timesBeen thanked: 424 times
Getting together with other CD’s is a great and wonderful experience.
- July 11, 2019 at 5:44 am #196872JessicaParticipantRegistered On: August 12, 2016Topics: 24Replies: 114Has thanked: 193 timesBeen thanked: 148 times
I would love a get together. I think it would be super, but I’d want to bring my SO/Wife because she is so supportive and loving.
- July 10, 2019 at 12:17 pm #196664fiona mossAmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 297Replies: 1043Has thanked: 2480 timesBeen thanked: 1750 times
Jennifer!! what a fantastic poll!! I think, everyones ideas of meeting up depends a lot on their situation and to some extent courage!! it certainly applies to me anyway. I long to meet up but it would have to be the correct environment. A country retreat sounds great, busy areas for me are a definate no no. Maybe all this could change as i steadily build up confidence, but for now, i would like to keep it simple. 🙂
- July 10, 2019 at 3:16 am #196567
- July 9, 2019 at 9:12 pm #196541ParticipantRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 240Has thanked: 268 timesBeen thanked: 310 times
I had hoped someone would take up this topic one day, and I’m grateful you made this poll.
It wasn’t long after I joined CDH that I began to think that it might be nice to meet in person with the CDH members I had gotten to know (and even those I don’t know).
But, as a crossdresser, I am a closeted, solitary loner, whose crossdressing skills have not improved to any extent over the past few years. I’m afraid I may be an embarrassment to the others who come to any such meetup, especially you younger gurls.
Given my present status, I think a day-long event would be what I would be most willing to do. It would have to be within a hundred-mile driving distance of my home.
I envision a “Keystone Conference” type of event, in that it would really be great if we could stage the meet at a CD-friendly hotel in the designated city. Since I would never travel en femme, I would need to drive up at night, check in, then up early the next morning to dress and do makeup. After that, meet, and spend the rest of the day with my CDH gurlfriends, then de-femme and drive back that night.
Given these time and distance constraints, and my abhorrence of flying, I probably will never get to meet those CDH friends who live in the UK and AU, whom I long to meet.
Oh, well, it’s all just a pipe dream, really. But at least I can still dream.
- July 21, 2019 at 6:20 pm #199763ParticipantRegistered On: September 4, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 32Has thanked: 209 timesBeen thanked: 44 times
I travel in drab, check into the hotel and change.Back into drab for breakfast and departure. It’s easy to do.
- July 11, 2019 at 4:34 pm #197075Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 76Has thanked: 67 timesBeen thanked: 110 times
- July 9, 2019 at 9:10 pm #196539ParticipantRegistered On: July 4, 2016Topics: 3Replies: 131Has thanked: 50 timesBeen thanked: 154 times
- July 10, 2019 at 10:35 pm #196820
- July 9, 2019 at 3:58 pm #196486Jasmine JeffriesParticipantRegistered On: December 28, 2018Topics: 22Replies: 228Has thanked: 612 timesBeen thanked: 346 times
I think that a lot of us girls on CDH would absolutely love to meet and chat in person all using a beautiful dress and our favorite heels with our legs crossed chatting away and of course shopping I definitely would attend if cdh threw a great and meet kisses 💋 jasminejeffries
- July 9, 2019 at 2:52 pm #196477
- July 9, 2019 at 12:18 pm #196436Stephanie RogueParticipantRegistered On: July 8, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 2Has thanked: 17 timesBeen thanked: 33 times
Thanks for making this poll! As a novice crossdresser, one of my goals is to go out to events dressed up, and I don’t think I’d be willing to do that without other women like myself around me at first. Having meetups and getting to personally know people in the community would be awesome!
- July 9, 2019 at 7:48 pm #196531
- July 9, 2019 at 11:48 am #196429EmilyParticipantRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 7Replies: 191Has thanked: 675 timesBeen thanked: 214 times
I belong to a couple local CD groups on meetup.com I have had the opportunity to get together with them a few times, and always had great fun! We generally go out for dinner and drinks at a trans friendly bar/restaurant in Arlington Virginia. They also hold larger events throughout the year at various locations. Sometimes it’s a “soirée” type of event, sometimes it’s just a public outing. It’s always fun and feels safer to be part of a group when going out. I can’t always attend, but I still get updates and invitations about upcoming events.
I recommend checking on meetup.com for similar groups in your area. You may be pleasantly surprised to find opportunities to go out in safe, friendly, environments.
- July 9, 2019 at 1:12 pm #196457Jennifer SwansonParticipantRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 22Replies: 98Has thanked: 1612 timesBeen thanked: 259 times
- July 12, 2019 at 1:59 pm #197373melissa la quintaParticipantRegistered On: September 29, 2016Topics: 3Replies: 67Has thanked: 209 timesBeen thanked: 58 times
Hib Jennifer: I live in Palm Deset, and there do not appear to be any meet up.com CD or Trans groups out here. Where are your groups located? Maybe I could join one or both?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.