Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Lady

Hello all you beautiful girls!

Today is Thanksgiving in the US and I know this holiday isn’t celebrated in other countries so this may be a limited poll but everyone is invited to join in no matter where you live. I know all of us are thankful for certain things no matter your location.

My question is…. Are you spending this day with family, extended family, your SO, or by yourself?

Today its just my wife and I, still, I’m cooking a feast just because I love to cook and I see this day as the beginning of the festive holidays. We are sure to have plenty of leftovers for a couple days ahead. No turkey or big ham because its just to much for us but this year its prime steaks!

So… I would include celebrating today by yourself or with just yourself and your SO a member of the CDH Lonely Hearts Club but with family or extended family not a member.

Anonymous
      Lady

Wow… I don’t think I got this poll quite right… duh!

Barb Wire
        Lady

LOL!!

I forgot to include you in my “thank you list!” And it’s getting longer with such good natured girls as you, Michelle!

Hugs, Barb 😊

Anonymous

Happy Thanksgiving to all the ladies here wishing all great health success and to a bright future.

Pass me a turkey leg and some stuffing

Donna

Barb Wire
      Lady

My SO has relatives in the U.S., so we do celebrate Thanksgiving with you!

Plus, all that football! Heaven!

Happy Thanksgiving!

🏈 Barb

Ahh, to be a cheerleader!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Barb Wire.
        Anonymous

Don’t forget the Macy thanksgiving parade now.

Donna

Anonymous
          Lady

Hi Donna. The Macy parade is always interesting. Good to see it happening this year after being canceled last year.

Anonymous

Yes like watching it glad things are back to normal in away again. Happy thanksgiving Michelle.

Love

Donna

I used to go all the time to the Macy’s Parade with my Dad and my siblings.  We lived in Brooklyn and it was an hour subway ride away.  We’d get there by 7 AM (the parade didn’t start until 9 and we were 1/2 mile to a mile from the start) and it was already packed.  The giant balloons were always a favorite.  (They have to swing the traffic lights out of the way to make room for the floats and the balloons.)

The last time I went to the parade was 10 years ago.  My daughter was in the marching band at college and marched in the parade as the “Santa Claus band” (the last band, right in front of Santa).

Anonymous

One day possible go. The big thing would love to do again is New Years Eve.

Donna

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Barb. Yep FOOTBALL!! American style! Nothing better than cat napping on the couch with a full stomach keeping an eye on the score…. zzzzz

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Here in the U.K. we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving as the U.S. does. We do have a religious Harvest festival where excess is bought to church and distributed to the needy.

From Needy to Nerdy……..

We have the Americas to thank for the Turkeys and a staple for our Christmas celebrations. It was said that a William Strickland was attributed to have bought turkeys to Britain from his voyages to the Americas. We have to assume that this was from the areas around mexico,  where the Spaniards had discovered and turkey were wild. This was in about 1526.

In 1620 that little ship, The Mayflower, discovered North America and the next year they celebrated the original Thanksgiving for the first harvest. Now records may be scant but, it was recorded that they took turkeys on the ship. The harvest feast recorded Fowl to have been eaten and, although not specified, it could have been turkey from the ship. 

So, in theory the turkeys traveled from America then back to america! If only they knew that turkey ran wild in New England………..

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Angela. Looks like turkeys have gotten around… who knew they were international travelers when they can’t even fly?

Anonymous

Thanks Angela…a great story !!!!

Anonymous

Talking of turkey’s there’s a lot of turkey’s in parliament and not all on the Christmas dinner X lol XX

Hugs Roz X

Leonara
      Ambassador

My wife and I are traveling to Chicago to celebrate thanksgiving with our daughter with whom we haven’t visited in over 2.5 years due to the pandemic….that is why I voted immediate family only and my SO..
      Thanksgiving with my daughter and my son and our grandchildren at Christmas… I am so grateful that the we are able to celebrate the holidays together again… Happy Thanksgiving to all and enjoy being together… good to see the Macy parade and the lovely Rockettes lol
      Hugs, Leonara

Leonara
        Ambassador

Thank you all for stopping by and your precious “thanks”. Leonara

To all you beatiful girls out here I’m celebrating Thanksgiving alone had to work anyway but I’ll be quiet honest I am very very lonely in this wonderful journey we are all on I only dress behind doors for reasons I have a new landlord and I don’t think him and his wife would except me for dressing the way I really feel inside me I don’t post pictures for reasons of some people might know me those kind who are curious about this beautiful site we are on just WISH COULD MEET SOME GIRLS LIKE ME AND GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO GO OUT TO THE MALL FULLY DRESSED AND HAVE A BEATIFUL DAY OUT SHOPPING IM JUST HAPPIER IN LIFE FULLY DRESSED I LIVE ALONE ON LONG ISLAND NEW YORK HAVE A BEATIFUL DAY BESAFE BECAREFUL MOST OF ALL BE HAPPY WITH THE WOMAN WE ARE LOVE AMBERMARIA

Anonymous

Hi…

we don’t celebrate here…. but I like to think I’m a thankful person, I realise I live a life that I’m very lucky to have….I have also learned not to take anything for granted…..make the most of what you have, while you have it ….

Angela wrote a great piece earlier…..including….

“In 1620 that little ship, The Mayflower, discovered North America and the next year they celebrated the original Thanksgiving for the first harvest. Now records may be scant but, it was recorded that they took turkeys on the ship.”

but I must add

I used to live in Plymouth, and sitting on the mayflower steps was a great place for a quiet think and contemplation…..

I would also like to say, that in 1620 ( twenty past four to you and I )…the general public were not very well educated. Many got on the ship thinking it was actually a cruise to Turkey…not a cruise for turkeys!!!……and a pretty fowl one it turned out too!!!

I understand that nobody received a refund…..but this might not be entirely true…

Happy Thanksgiving and….Smiles,

grace xx

Angela Booth
        Hostess

It may have been chronicled that it was a trip around the harbour. However Captain Pugwash, Seaman Staines and Roger the cabin boy weren’t the best of sailors.

Grace you lived in Plymouth – who was the Plymouth Hoe?

Anonymous

Plymouth hoe was a star system that could only be seen during a full moon or a total eclipse of your anus Uranus….if you stood on the top of the mayflower steps in conjunction with too much Plymouth gin…so I believe!!!

Angela Booth
            Hostess

‘Hoe’ has a different meaning in the U.S. I just wonder if one of the pilgrim women was a bit…er… errant?

Anonymous
          Lady

Hi Angela.

LOL… you and Grace should team up on stage.

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Grace.

LOL… I would almost bet you’re a closeted stand up comedian appearing in drag to guard your privacy. Thank you dear.

Anonymous

Michelle dahling……I could be Eddie Izzard in disguise….I have never been seen with the Scarlett woman ….at the same time xx

Prudence
      Ambassador

LHC I guess. But my little buddy Murphy is hanging out with me. Even though my dog weighs more than I do. Oh he gets a Thanksgiving plate also. If he didnt, he would just take mine. Hugs

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Michelle ,

I wish all my American sisters here on CDH a happy Thanksgiving !
      I hope you are all well , and can celebrate this holiday with your Family and Friends.

Your Friend from the Netherlands ,
      Sylvia.

I was supposed to spend it with one daughter and my son.  My son works in a nursing home, and was working the early morning shift.  But someone called out, and he ended up working a double shift.

I don’t make turkey since my kids aren’t fans, and there aren’t enough people any more to cook a whole bird.  So instead I make chicken.  I added red rice and my usual sweet potato pie.

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Alison.

We eat non traditional food on Thanksgiving too like seafood, steaks, pot roast, etc. This year I cooked a couple prime steaks for our meal plus the traditional dressing/gravy and pumpkin pie.

I’m on this orb by myself so holiday’s and birthday’s mean nothing to me. They are just another day. Usually though I will make a nice dinner for myself on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Be safe. Love and Peace.

Amber

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Amber.

We have to make the effort to make holidays and birthdays special instead of just another day even if we are alone. Glad you have a nice dinner on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

In the past on Thanksgiving, the wife and I would invite someone we knew that was alone to dine with us. We’ve had several visitors including the homeless and alcoholics through the years sharing our meal but that was years ago when we lived in another town. Now we’re much older and with society the way it is we feel its too risky to invite people we don’t know into our home.

Anonymous

Well I’m Canadian so we didn’t celebrate yesterday it was about 6 weeks ago but you get my drift. We celebrated with our kids and grandkids, it was a great dinner and a really nice get together, the first one with all of us in a couple of years. Happy thanks giving to all, as I call it the start of eating season.

Anonymous

I like the idea of the prime rib too, who says it has to be turkey or ham. We had homemade cabbage rolls, homemade sausage and homemade perogies, along with salads and all kinds of good stuff. A feast for all to enjoy.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Michelle,

We celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving with family back in October.  For US Thanksgiving, my wife was visiting our son (five hour drive one way) and her father passed away while she was there.  His death was not a surprise, he had been very frail for weeks (in his 90s) and my wife said she didn’t need any support from me and not to make the five hour trip on a snowy road.  So I was at home with my dog.  Not sure if that classifies me as a CDH Lonely Hearts Club member. Being retired, my wife and I purposely take separate vacations so we have much needed alone time.  And I get to dress en femme 24/7.  Thanks for the topic Michelle.  Have a great weekend, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Krista.

First let me give my condolences concerning your father in law. Its always sad when we lose loved ones even if its expected. To lose someone on or near a holiday makes it even more sad.

I think thats great that you and the wife have such a secure relationship to take separate vacations. I know you look forward to being able to let Krista out for that entire time. Does she know about Krista? I hope so.

Krista
          Duchess

Hi Michelle,

Yes, my wife knows all about Krista.  She has seen me fully dressed en femme.  And I get away with wearing certain femme items on a daily basis in front of her (honestly, I do push the boundaries with her and often are dressed 100% en femme in front of her).  While she sort of understands, she isn’t supportive of Krista.  At least, she has never asked me to purge.  She really only objects if I dress “too girly” in front of her as my wife is not a girly girl; she doesn’t wear makeup nor jewelry.  Her objections are now only few and far between.  And she is terribly tired of me passing as a women when we go out to a restaurant nor any where else for that matter.  She tells me that she doesn’t want to be thought of as a lesbian. She sort of likes this covid lockdown thing so instead of eating at the restaurant, we just pick up the food and bring it home.  thanks again Michelle, Have a wonderful week, Hugs, Krista.

Hi Krista,  sounds familiar.  My wife and I also take some separate time apart.  I usually take a few trips to the southwest to mountain bike, camp and hike.  Lots of stephanie time and she gets to do her thing.  Since I am retired it relives her stress of having me here all the time.  Funny you mention that your wife is not a girly girl,  mine is not either and doesnt wear make up or nails at all.  I dont think she would totally support all that on me either but she is ok with most things.  Have fun

stephanie

Hi Michelle

I voted that I’m celebrating with my friends, though I’m here in the UK I have so many lovely girlfriends in the US. The great thing about CDH is that  we are not bound by geography, only by our friendships (though I would dearly love to visit a few in person one day).

love Stephanie ❤️

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Stephanie.

Yep that would be great to be able to have a Crossdresser Heaven Convention where only members could attend.

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Holly. Its the spirit that counts. A day to pause and be thankful… no matter your circumstances we all have things to be thankful for. I’m sure Sissy is very thankful for you and you her.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?