Tagged: 

Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Alexa TB
      Lady

I have no clue what I’m doing. Can any Christians help me out. I feel God has called me to do this, but it feels wrong as a Christian. But I love dressing up. I am so conflicted.

I have the same problem . The Bible says that a man shall not dress as a woman and vise versa. But what do you do when you were raised to be a girl when you are male by birth. I believe in honoring my parents which involves obeying them so I am also torn between my beliefs and how I was raised. Hugs, Allysa

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Have a look at Kimberley Beregrove on You Tube. She is a christian and has posts on this topic.

Nancy
      Lady

So, I think we are wading into banned topics here, but I’ll throw my thoughts out here. Now this is just my opinion…

I am exactly like I was created, whoever or whatever should get credit for that creation. Anyone telling me I shouldn’t be who I am is doing so only with the power of society’s standards and expectations behind them. I don’t care if their discrimination originated from their ancestors’ beliefs or a book written by men a couple thousand years ago.

I am a christian, I did switch denominations to one that is open and affirming. But I sleep just fine at night knowing that god doesn’t judge or hate me for having and expressing my feminine side. It’s just who I am, and I firmly believe that my creator loves me for who I am.

Nancy

Alexa TB
        Lady

Thanks. This is sort of what I believe as well. But it becomes tricky trying to convince others of this viewpoint if they stick to the point that it is explicitly stated not to crossdress.

The Bible is too open ended. One of the reasons I don’t fully believe anymore and am looking for help.

Nancy
          Lady

Alexa, this discussion really needs to move to private messages, as I fear this thread is not going to survive moderator review…

Anonymous
        Lady

I hope we don’t ban the topic because it’s important. If we feel that cross dressing is a weskness, and it might be, the bible encourages us that a weakness can become a strength.
        For me, CD has been a source of compassion for others, creativity and openness as when we share here on the forum.
        You are correct when you state The two simplified but inclusive new commandments. And we can judge or consider the actions of others realizing that we must more than measure up or be judged by those same standards.
        I love this topic!
        Thanks

In my view, a Christian is someone who follows the teachings of Jesus. Jesus taught two commandments: (1) love God, and (2) love your neighbor as yourself. To my knowledge, there is no prohibition against crossdressing in the New Testament. The prohibitions against crossdressing come from the Old Testament and pre-date the Christian era. The Old Testament was a product of its very war-like times. War-like cultures have a tendency to enforce a rigid binary social order. Anything less is a threat to their delicate balance and tenuous control. Hopefully, we are making some progress away from a very warlike period in recent history. And so the need for a strictly binary social order is diminishing, and we can return to a more complex and diverse society. Personally, I think Jesus would approve of that. For an interesting view of social norms and deep history, you might read The Chalice and the Blade by Riane Eisler.

– Robyn

HI,
      Im not religious but my understanding is that God is a compassionate and loving entity.
      Dressing isn’t harming other people and if you consider history – high heels were first designed for men – the French king , cos he was so short but also for calvary soldiers as it gave them better grip
      look at the style of clothes worn in the Middle East – men wear long frock like clothing – romans wore little leather shirts- Scots wear kilts- greeks togas and wearing make up was a traditional aspect of being a warrior – well stretching the point a bit
      so enjoy your dressing – in the great scheme of things is it really something your God would frown upon
      I would think that your God would rather you felt content and happy as an individual and got on with your life
      it is just clothes and fashions change dramatically – so what we consider female /male attire varies – I can remember when there was a time in the 1970 the fashion industry promoted mini skirts for men – ok it didn’t catch on but hope it makes the point
      Honesty and self esteem are far more important than whether others approve and you aren’t obliged to go out dresses if you choose not to – so who is to know what you wear

Alexa TB
        Lady

I remember hearing purple and pink were originally for boys and blue for girls (I think). So it is all about modern views.

And it is stated for man not to dress as a woman and vice versa in the Bible. But perception of male and female clothing obviously varies.

Anonymous
        Lady

Did the warrors pretend to have boobs?

Alexa TB
          Lady

Not quite what we were talking about. We weren’t talking about crossdressing exactly, just how masculine and feminine clothes have changed.

So they probably didn’t pretend to have boobs.

Erika Henderson
      Duchess - Annual

I also identify as a Christian. One of the things I have noticed is there are many who give Christianity a bad name. I agree with Robyn that as Christians, we are supposed to Love God, and Love Thy Neighbor as Ourselves. God also knows each one of us. I do believe in God’s love and mercy. We were created in God’s image and God knows each and every one of us. For me, I remember a couple of the other quotes from Christ, “Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.” and “Judge not, least ye be judged.” According to Christian beliefs, everyone is a sinner and sin is sin. Period. The sins I have committed are no better nor worse than ones you have. At the end of the day, I believe God knows us, knows what is in our hearts.

Alexa, this is an interesting discussion and I would be happy to discuss it via private message if you’d like.

I too have the same dilemma. Watching this closely.

Tanya Jay
      Lady

I too have struggled with this. The Old Testament is clear about this, but I also know that Jesus has come to save us from the old Jewish law. There are many Old Testament laws that are not mentioned anywhere today, and certainly not in a condemning way. When we make the decision to be saved, the law has been fulfilled by him. As believers we will be known by Jesus, and introduced into heaven. The thing we must all decide through prayer is weather or not we are living to glorify him or ourselves. Crossdressing is in my opinion the same as many of the worldly things we all struggle to overcome. Though none of these things may be sinful by themselves, they do distract us from God. Work, competitive drive, hobby’s, can all be sinful if we replace God with these things. I don’t know for sure but I put my faith in the fact that the Bible also says, that as believers he has prepared a place for us with him in heaven. Good luck and if for no other reason crossdressing has you in a place where you have God on your mind. I believe that is a positive. Please use that motivation to keep a conversation going with him through prayer, and I think you can gain a lot from this situation.

Anonymous

It’s finally nice to know there is another Christian cd,er, I go to a nice church here that accepts me as Christina. I have been full time girl 👧 since I was 9 till now at 62. The church and the people in the church helps me out and they have even given me some nice dresses 👗 and cute sweaters for the cooler weather. I feel yes we are who we are meant to be. We have the spirit of the girl 👧 we want to be and I am going to live it. Take hold of it girl 👧 we have to be happy and live our own life. We were not meant to be miserable and it is difficult to hide it and can hurt. Everyone knows me as Christina and that’s who I am. Be who you are Alexa and live it. I will be glad to talk more till later 💜💚💙

My take of the Bible is that Jesus came to correct holy law and to wash away all our sins . so … We are not to judge but to love …. it is not for us to enforce …. sins of any kind are between God and the individual . Coming to the Methodist Church … is a split over acceptance vs non acceptance of the LGBQ community . ( which I feel is wrong ) Yet with all my work and devotion has kept me to remain in the closet .

Nice topic .which is about sometimes watching myself with religion glass .  I think  religions need to update while world changing ..so much Questions waiting to explain detailed..

Hi girls,

I’ve been a believer as long as I knew I was supposed to be a girl, I used to pray each night that I would wake up as a girl.
      I now go to a church where the leadership know I am a trans woman and I’m accepted by the congregation as one of their female members. There are churches that will accept us, keep looking until you find the right one.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Oh my gosh! This is such a difficult struggle for me right now. I am a Methodist, and if you don’t know, our denomination is splitting because of gay issues. Naturally, this is something that I have been following very closely.

Sadly, Christians have often hurt those that needed God most. It wasn’t too long ago that discrimination against other races ran strong in churches, and women were not respected as leaders. It took compromise and work, but it got better. Christianity has suffered from those who only want to sew hate, and sadly it still continues to struggle.

In short, I feel that God made me with desires and urges that are sometimes male and sometimes female. I am strong and sensitive. I am somewhere in the middle, between the masculine and the feminine.

Though I am a closeted crossdresser, I have friends who are straight and gay, liberal and conservative, male and female. I often find myself somewhere in between the arguments. That gives me a unique capacity to be a moderator. Again, somewhere in the middle.

But, I have come to feel that is exactly what God is asking of me. To be someone who can model what Jesus taught. To love everyone, and share compassion. I can encourage compromise, and listen to those who are hurting. Often this is a hard road to travel, but that too is a Christian principle. It’s not supposed to be easy. Life just isn’t.

Jesus taught his believers to love God, and then love others. Those are my primary goals.

Yes, sometimes I know that my desires and urges go beyond what God would want for me, but I am exactly as I was made. I have a purpose, and I am loved. And so are you!

-with LOVE always, Gemma❤️💋

Gwyneth
        Lady

Just about every denomination is splitting now over this topic. Don’t feel like the Lone Ranger.

To avoid stepping on any toes or hurting any feelings I will try and keep my take scripture based. The only place I know of where any reference to crossdressing comes up is deuteronomy 22:5. Book 22 is listing laws of the time. Some are still understandable but others bare very little relevance. There are lots of old testament laws that are no longer enforce after the coming of Christ. Jesus created a new covenant that was to be followed therefore old testament law wasn’t followed anymore. This is much the same with clean foods and blood sacrifices.

So I personally don’t believe crossdressing to be a sin. I spent many years feeling like I was doing something wrong by crossdressing. So I did what a good Christian should do and I prayed and studied my Bible and found there was nothing in the Bible saying it was a sin. It was purely different denominations taking a single verse and standing on it without the full context. Much like women wearing pants or dancing even cutting hair. Different denominations hold things to a different standard. Personally I believe if you admit to being a sinner and ask Jesus into your heart and make a public profession of faith then your a Christian. And we all sin and fall short. But crossdressing isn’t a sin.

Gwyneth
      Lady

This is a touchy subject. I do hope we all have thick enough skin to talk about this.

I am concerned that the LGBTQ is just todays changing of the church. I am a Christian. Have been since 15 when I didn’t have any inclination to crossdress. I wish I knew where this was going. I’m retired, so I don’t have to worry about that. But I do have a circle of Christian friends that do have sincere problems with were all the denominations are going. Some might understand, I’ve heard to hard lines drawn by people I respect. So far I’m just quiet about it. Right now that’s one dab of toothpaste I don’t want out of the tube!

I know what I want to do, but I don’t know how to get there from here without upsetting those I love.

Gwyn

Alexa TB
        Lady

Wow. You’ve said what I couldn’t put into words. Thanks. This is probably the simplest way of putting my worries of my life into words.

‘I know what I want to do, but I don’t know how to get there from here without upsetting those I love.’

Barb Wire
      Lady

Um… has CDH changed policy regarding religious talk? Does this mean we can now start talking about sex and politics?? I’m all IN!!

:Barb

Alexa TB
        Lady

I never knew religion was a taboo subject on here, so either the rules have been relaxed or the admin are asleep. Haha.

Barb Wire
          Lady

Alexa TB! You’re my kind of ecclesiastical gal!

I’ve gotten away with “murder” a few times. I guess my lexiconic and verbose diatribes confused everyone, including me! LOL!!

If discussions become attacking or hateful to polarized then it will be halted.

Alexa TB
        Lady

I sincerely hope they do not become hateful. That was not the reason for my question.

But a lot of these responses have been quite thought invoking. Which is the exact reason for this post.

This is what you need to know about God; For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

I wish I could be as sure of the reactions of fellow parishioners to a CD man. Gods House should be a haven for the oppressed. LuvNHugs, TERI

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?