- March 31, 2021 at 4:41 am #471651Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 50Replies: 1085Has thanked: 3679 timesBeen thanked: 5480 times
Good Morning/afternoon/evening girls….
My mum had a silver ” charm ” bracelet…you know the thing…solid silver and you add a charm to it for all the important events in your life..it gets quite heavy and chunky as life goes on…as a child I was always asking her if I could hold it and check out all the little charms hanging from it..
It was quite an event when a new charm was unveiled….and the worst thing ??…it ” disappeared ” when she passed….never to be seen again…
Did your mother have one??…do you have one??
but better still…… how about a ” special ” charm bracelet just for us girls………………say a small pair of silver heels for your first pair ( Stephanie )….or a small pair of hoops ( Gen )….or even a small solid silver ” federation badge ” ( Lt. Bridgette )…haha….so any thoughts or suggestions on a unique cdh charm bracelet…..
…..maybe even a solid silver snowflake…..eh Krista !!!!!..
So come on girls….maybe you have some ideas ??
Personally I would probably start mine with a solid gold heart…to remind me of all the lovely girls I have met on here….
20 users thanked author for this post.
- April 6, 2021 at 6:30 pm #474566Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 779Has thanked: 11048 timesBeen thanked: 2940 times
Grace, you’ll need at least two to start out, a dark red pint shaped charm, and a sunglass charm!
- April 7, 2021 at 12:44 am #474678Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 50Replies: 1085Has thanked: 3679 timesBeen thanked: 5480 times
Bridgette!!!!….I have enough suggestions on my list for TWO bracelets already….these things should be increased slowly…oh my!!!!
- April 3, 2021 at 8:36 pm #473353Vecca SennLadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 125Has thanked: 640 timesBeen thanked: 372 times
- A little car for the first road trip dressed
- A lipstick for the first time out in makeup
- The word flirt for the first time winking at a stranger while dressed
- Boxing gloves of the first time taking up for a CD GF when a guy gets gropey in a bar
- A martini glass for the first time dressed in a bar
This kinda sounds like a Girl Scout Merit badge but for grownups.
- This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Vecca Senn.
- April 1, 2021 at 9:26 pm #472380Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 9Replies: 879Has thanked: 1221 timesBeen thanked: 2921 times
I’m terribly sorry that the bracelet has disappeared! I know some of those frustrations to do with family heirlooms going missing!
However, I suppose my only contribution would be a Parrot!
Polly 🦜 Kwaaak
- April 1, 2021 at 8:10 pm #472373Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1288Has thanked: 3671 timesBeen thanked: 3564 times
My Mum had a lot of jewelry, but she didn’t have one of those, though my daughter has gone through a couple of them!
I’m not sure I would like one at all. I do wear bracelets at times, but I prefer simple ones which fit snug on my wrist.
- April 1, 2021 at 6:20 pm #472356Kelly TerryLadyRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 20Replies: 230Has thanked: 224 timesBeen thanked: 923 times
Don’t know anyone that been doing charm bracelets, maybe wasn’t a thing in Sweden.
I seen them here and there but never understood the purpose of them until now. Makes me think about scout badges, goal is to have more badges than you have space for them.
Don’t think I would wear one, doesn’t feel like me but as for what to hang in it, maybe some kind of 12 step list where you start with panties, then heels and so on.
- April 1, 2021 at 8:55 am #472180KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 8Replies: 533Has thanked: 1269 timesBeen thanked: 2285 times
What a lovely idea Grace. Along with my snowflake charm, can I have a puppy charm too? Oh and maybe a wine glass and a piece of chocolate cake? I can see how those bracelets can get heavy fast.
I’m sorry to hear that your Mom’s bracelet disappeared. That’s just awful.
My first wife and her Mom had charm bracelets. It made it easy to buy gifts. My third, and current, wife does not wear any jewelry (she didn’t even want a diamond engagement ring!!!!). So it takes away the pleasure of going to buy lovely trinkets for her. I wear more jewelry than my spouse. I wonder if I could get away with wearing a charm bracelet? Hmmm, I think not, too girly eh. Take care, Big Hugs, Krista.
- April 1, 2021 at 8:25 am #472173Layla JonesLadyRegistered On: June 7, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 42Has thanked: 313 timesBeen thanked: 142 times
hay all i have two main charm bracelets one for all day everyday that’s a solid horse shoe shape from Pandora with just one small charm on so it will not stand out in my everyday life to much and then I have a classic Pandora bracelet that has many charms on for when I’m dressed, most of the charms are linked with my dressed side like a lipstick, mirror and high heel dangly charm a dragon fly charm a peter pan one, queens crown and a few more its all super girly just how I like it and is probably my favorite piece of jewellery I own.
- April 1, 2021 at 8:34 am #472175Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 50Replies: 1085Has thanked: 3679 timesBeen thanked: 5480 times
That sounds wonderful, that’s exactly the answer I was after….I didn’t realise you could get a lipstick charm…
treasure and enjoy your bracelets
- April 1, 2021 at 6:56 am #472146Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 2002Has thanked: 3850 timesBeen thanked: 7016 times
Except for my eldest granddaughter, none of the women in my family wear a charm bracelet (or any other, regularly). But I think it’s a “charming” idea, IF I can first find a bracelet to fit my wrist.
- April 1, 2021 at 7:24 am #472156Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 50Replies: 1085Has thanked: 3679 timesBeen thanked: 5480 times
I’m sure you could get one that fits…….first charm….small silver Ziggy…yay!!! 🐰
1 user thanked author for this post.
- April 1, 2021 at 12:18 pm #472232
- April 1, 2021 at 6:56 am #472145Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 47Replies: 1100Has thanked: 5163 timesBeen thanked: 5666 times
What a charming idea Grace, I love it! Though my mom never had one that I remember, I do remember buying many a charm for past girlfriends. I loved those bracelets, they are so cute and can be so personalized – no two are the same. I would have to have a Gemini twin charm and a CDH charm. Oh, and I want an owl and a fishy and a bunny and a kitty cat and a ……. Haha, I could see myself needing two 😁.
- April 1, 2021 at 6:42 am #472140Stephanie ScottLadyRegistered On: February 8, 2021Topics: 18Replies: 249Has thanked: 706 timesBeen thanked: 1298 times
Don’t remember my mom’s too much, but I have done the Pandora charm bracelet thing for my wife. I rarely see her wear it anymore, but she used to wear it a lot. I think maybe it got too clunky! Lol.
I would start mine with a cross — the most important symbol to me regardless of attire.
Good thread, Grace! 😊
- April 1, 2021 at 2:10 am #472059Andi DuBoisLadyRegistered On: January 7, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 64Has thanked: 80 timesBeen thanked: 267 times
My SO has one of these, although I haven’t seen it being worn in a long time, and I have bought many of the charms as presents.
Personally, I have never liked jewellry when in either guise. The only things I ever wear are a wedding ring and a health/fitness watch – I try to let my personality be all the bling I need!
- April 1, 2021 at 2:06 am #472058Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 28Replies: 781Has thanked: 7692 timesBeen thanked: 3407 times
- April 1, 2021 at 6:19 am #472126Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 50Replies: 1085Has thanked: 3679 timesBeen thanked: 5480 times
- April 1, 2021 at 9:12 am #472184GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 1038Has thanked: 8917 timesBeen thanked: 4269 times
- April 1, 2021 at 1:48 am #472056Sa•man•thaManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 464Replies: 1807Has thanked: 8093 timesBeen thanked: 7297 times
I like this idea Grace, I would wear it on my ankle…its something I’ve thought about previously just here & there but havent done yet, lately my thing has been rings (thx Pru, lol). I found a charm bracelet on the ground a few years back & still have it somewhere, it’s kinda small tho, must’ve been a child’s I figure… I keep thinking that if I could find some chain to match it, then I could make it bigger & wear it (it has a few hearts attached to it, I like that) but maybe it would be easier to just start over new…
- April 1, 2021 at 1:10 am #472052Eva KellyDuchessRegistered On: March 1, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 207Has thanked: 1978 timesBeen thanked: 919 times
My Mom had one, she has been gone for a long time and so is the bracelet. I have been buying jewelry for myself, but no bracelets yet. Great idea Grace! I doubt they have a charm like a little jar of peanut butter though.
- March 31, 2021 at 11:46 pm #472033Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 50Replies: 1085Has thanked: 3679 timesBeen thanked: 5480 times
- April 1, 2021 at 7:31 am #472160Laura K KayLadyRegistered On: March 12, 2021Topics: 35Replies: 763Has thanked: 3563 timesBeen thanked: 2085 times
here the perfect first charm pair of pink panties
- April 6, 2021 at 6:28 pm #474563Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 779Has thanked: 11048 timesBeen thanked: 2940 times
- April 1, 2021 at 8:43 am #472178Tara JeaneLadyRegistered On: December 12, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 156Has thanked: 1077 timesBeen thanked: 683 times
OMG Laura! That is SOOOOO cute!! And Grace, what an awesome idea! Love it!!
As an aside, when I was looking at the panty charm on the Amazon website, I scrolled down a little and something, um, caught my eye under the ‘Customers also considered’ items. Anyone else see what I see? I mean, that’s gotta be on purpose, right?
- April 1, 2021 at 7:44 am #472162LadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 1038Has thanked: 8917 timesBeen thanked: 4269 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.