Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I crack myself up!

Just wanted to post a brief update. I started my chemo last Friday (I’ve started 4 rounds of CAPOX chemotherapy, subsequent to stage 3b colon cancer surgery in December). The infusion itself went fine, although I noticed tingling in my hands and feet right away. The next thing I experienced was extreme cold sensitivity in my hands and feet and especially my throat. I attempted to take a small drink of something cold and it was if I had just guzzled a glass shard milkshake.

Other than that, it’s mostly been nausea and very extreme fatigue. Especially days 3, 4 and 5. I barely functioned the last couple of days and it was really a struggle to eat anything and I really had to force myself to drink enough. It’s really challenging when you can’t even drink something at room temperature – I had to heat it up.

Today is day 6 and happy to report that I’m feeling MUCH better than I was. Still some low grade queasiness and I’m not about ready to run a marathon or anything – but feeling a lot closer to normal. I’m hoping that means I’m past the worst of this round.

Thanks again for all your love and support my lovelies! 🥰 🥰 🥰 🥰

Anonymous

Hi Erica I’m so glad to hear that you are getting better after your chemo,

Cancer is a bugger I’ve had 3 operations for bowl cancer they managed to take it out with the knife but i still have to have check ups at the hospital just in case it comes back,

I’m lucky I’ve not had to have any chemo myself we just have to cross our fingers and hope for the best x

Hoping for the best for you x

Hugs Rozalyne x

They told me they got good margins on the surgery, and thankfully it hadn’t metastasized. Had a single lymph node involved – so really hoping after the chemo I will be well and truly done!

Anonymous

Erica….teary eyed here honey…

keep it up brave girl, you really are going to kick this evil beast…I’m so very happy you are feeling a bit better each day….

Thanks but I will pass on the glass shard milkshake….even if it was chocolate!!!!

you are the tops!!!

Huggs, grace xx

This is a battle that terrifies me and I have been through some serious health issues. I cannot begin to contemplate how you must feel. All I can offer is my best wishes in finding the courage  that might give you success.

Araminta.

Hang in there Erica. You have all the love and support that CDH can muster. We’re all thinking of you and praying for you in our different ways.
      Hugs and kisses
      HildaRuth xxx

Hi Erica,

Glad to hear that you are feeling  better after your chemo.  Keep strong.

Alice

HI Erica,

I am so sorry you have to go through this sweetie.

You will be in my prayers tonight .

You hang in there girlfriend .

Hugs and love Patty

Oh, Erica… annus horribilis! I, as the others here, are rooting for you. Nothing anyone can experience can be as horrifying as fighting an unseen enemy. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Big Hug xxx Polly

Oh sweetie, God be with you. I’ll be praying for you. Everyone here is on your side. You just take good care of yourself, and do so you can to get better.

Bridgette

Anonymous

Hi Erica,
      So sorry you are going through this. Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery. Glad you feel a little better.
      XX
      Kim.

Hi Erica,

So sorry to hear about your struggles. During my wife’s chemo the doctor prescribed Ondansetron for her nausea. It’s a very small pill that you put under your tongue and it dissolves. He also added Promethazine which you swallow, so she could alternate if the first wore off. She also had throat problems and was prescribed a cocktail called “magic mouthwash”. It had things in it for thrush and to deaden the throat pain. Best to keep moving if you can but rest as much as needed for your body to heal. Your doctor may have already given you these things. The main reason I mentioned them is that her sisters chemo doctor had not. Wishing you a speedy recovery… Stephanie

Thankfully I have a hospital nearby that specializes in cancer treatment and they seem to be pretty on the ball. They gave me both of those nausea meds and encouraged me to “keep ahead” of the nausea. And they’ve been pretty effective in that its limited the nausea to just general queasiness and not actually getting sick.

Still doing better today so I’m hopeful its a short window on the worst of the side effects for me.

Erica, thank you for letting us all know how you are doing.

I dealt with stage 3 Colo-rectal cancer from 2016 through 2019, with 2 very long rounds (to me) of chemo.  The tingling is normal for the type of chemo drugs you are getting.  I always compared my cold intolerance to scrubbing my mouth, throat and sinus with a cactus.  Even the A/C at work made my face and fingers hurt.  I wore a thick neck gater and cotton gloves to counter it, and it was summer time for the worst of it, so the A/C was constantly on.

Some of the interesting side effects for me were that 99%of my leg hair was lost and is still gone 2 years after the last round.  Also, for the duration of both rounds of chemo, my fingerprints went smooth and didn’t return for almost 3 months after finishing.

Watch the side effects closely, and read up on what they call “chemo brain”.

Message me please if you have anything you might like to know privately.

PaulaF

I would be totally OK with losing the leg hair. I lost the battle with the hair on my head long before cancer 😉 So far my fingerprints are intact, so my upcoming crime spree is on hold.

Anonymous

My and OUR best wishes are with you Erica. Pull on our strength you will get through this.

hugs

Averyl

Hi Erica

i hear you sweetie. I had CHOP in 2004 for NHL and in 2007

it transformed into B cell lymphoma. I needed a Stem cell transplant so gallons of the toxins for me. Fortunately ondansetron kept me from being sick. The transplant itself went well but I contracted C deficiency and VRE so needed 2 weeks in ICU to overcome that. Radiation after that and now cancer free.

Hang in there, you will prevail.

Ria

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?