Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I hope I don’t depress everyone but I’m wondering if anyone feels like dressing while getting chemotherapy?

It isn’t a treatment that I, nor anyone close to me, has needed so I am probably least qualified to speak!

My advice would probably be that if dressing makes you feel better to go for it. I imagine that there will be some difficult and challenging times ahead so a light light wherever is a good thing.

-A.

I always underdressed, but then I never go out in public fully dressed. One day maybe!

Anonymous

Danelle , i hope your chemo goes well and if wearing some make up and under dressing helps you feel better  i say yes , do it . If you feel ok after go shopping , buy yourself some lingerie , something fem . At this time your thoughts should be about your health physical and mental , enjoy being sweet and girly , be as happy as you can . My prayers are with you and let us know how you are doing . Your friend , Leslie

Without all that my face & head feels wonderful and makeup last for days,with no hair to get in the way.

Thanks so much for your kind & incuriging   words

Hi Danelle,

So sorry you are undergoing chemo treatment.  If you feel like dressing and it helps you through the trauma by all means go for it.  Best of luck dear.

Alice

Leslie
      Lady

Best of luck! And remember that as my high school biology teacher said about laxatives this too will pass. I know that that doesn’t help but it might give you a laugh somewhere down the line. I am possibly facing the same future, if the meds they have put me on don’t work in slowing it down. Being 75 and having a relatively slow growth cancer my doctor says he must likely would not opt for radical opinions if it were him.
      But really best wishes for you!!
      Hugs 💕
      Leslie

Danelle

One of the most important things is your positive thoughts now.

I only dressed in private a short time before I found I had stage 4 cancer.  Yes, dressing was still on my mind while on chemo (18 months).

Being on chemo with stage 4 cancer will make you think of all the things you haven’t done yet.

Making plans to do them when you feel better helps to keep those + thoughts.

I’m in remission now and feel better.  I still can only dress in the closet that won’t change. But now I am more committed to being the girl I love to be any time I can.

The most important thing is for you to get better. When you are down on chemo, remember it will pass and you might loose weight to help your girly figure. I lost almost 70 lbs but I’m still don’t have the girly figure I want. LOL

One of the good things (besides living) that came out of chemo for me is my boobs has started to grow. I love my “B”cups.

If you are in the closet to, you might like to do girly when on chemo. I did small things. They helped me. I started going to a nail salon for my fingers and toes. Wife was all for it when they were clear. I was down one time when I went in. As I set there watching the girls there’s in red , I told the lady I wanted long pointed red nails. She set back and just looked and ask , you sure?  I said yes please red and shinny as possible and told her I wanted it for me..

When I got home the wife said WTF.  I said it’s what I want for now. She doesn’t like it but doesn’t say anything anymore.

There are small things you can do to feel girly.  I’ve added more as time has gone by but I’m still in the closet (with red nails)

If I want to know more or just to talk, message me.

Praying for you girl.

Shirley.

Thanks so much for all your encouraging words,looking forward to getting my body & mind back to some sort of normalcy.

you never know where  life leads us it’s all a big adventure.

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

Danelle

My best wishes are with you and wishing you all the best !

One thing to do is to paint your toenails, chose a colour you really like and paint your toes from day one – when you are feeling at your lowest, just slip off your socks and there will be a bright reminder that not everything is dark and down in the world – there  is still a little bit of glamor in your life

Huge hugs, health and happiness

Dawn x

Danelle,  as a past chemo survivor, the best I can tell you is to maintain your normal.  Don’t give in to being tired as much as possible.  You will experience a lot of things that will wear you down, or slide you toward depression some, like maybe losing your hair, nails becoming brittle, etc.

Go out and splurge on your femme self.  If you are losing hair, buy a new style of wig.  Most cancer centers have a small shop where patients can pick up things from bandanas to full wigs, caps, turbans and other things, and they are usually free or charge very little, as they are supplied by donations to the center.

If your nails are breaking, go and have a mani and get some acrylic tips applied as these will help keep the splitting to a minimum, and they don’t have to be ‘long claw’ type either.  There are plenty of styles that will pass androgynously as male or female nails that can be applied.

Take a spa day and get a total moisturizing/exfoliating/deep tissue massage and pamper yourself.

Whatever you decide, remember to NEVER let the girl go.  Stay true to yourself and maintain as much normalcy as you are able.

Stay positive as much as you can.  Chemo is only temporary and will pass faster than you think.  Celebrate with those others who are completing theirs as you are working through yours, and people will join your small celebration at the finish line also.

One benefit I gained from chemo was that I lost all the hair from my legs.  Not a one survived.  Now I only need to moisturize, exfoliate and pamper them to keep them looking good.

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Paula F.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?