- Breast forms
- September 29, 2023 at 3:48 am #769342WillalillianParticipantRegistered On: September 28, 2023Topics: 1Replies: 2Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 26 times
Which do you prefer?
Breast forms, the ones you independently adhere on your chest?
Breastplate, the one that is put on like a tank top?
- This topic was modified 1 month ago by Emily Alt. Reason: Edited for clarity, added poll
- November 7, 2023 at 11:06 pm #779328GiselleFlutterbyDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: October 24, 2023Topics: 0Replies: 3Has thanked: 22 timesBeen thanked: 10 times
I was looking at the UK website Trans Life, at their breast forms the other day. I didn’t know what a breast plate was, so I’m grateful to have read all of the comments to this post! :)
I always think of two scenes in the film Kinky Boots, wehre drag queen Lola (Chiwetel Ejiofor) says, “Pass me my boobs will you,” and then later in the film when Lola is being heckled at her club, and the heckler says, “Show us your tits,” and Lola says, “And there they are!” and when the heckler continues, she says, “I can assure you that they are as smooth and silky as the day I bought them!”
I was interested on the Trans Life website, that they mention a “a complete all in one foam breast form bra for your consideration.” I couldn’t actually find that anywehre on the website, whether searching it for bra or form! But I thought I might phone them and ask about it this morning :) … However, reading J J’s comment about putting her forms in a sexy or cute bra, made me think that the pleasure of shopping for different bras would not be an option if the forms were part of the bra.
In addition to wondering what size forms I might get, I remember a former partner (female) going to Lane Bryant for a new bra when I lived in America. She was properly sized for the bra. I wonder … could I go to a store and take my breast forms and get the store assistant to find me the right size bra for them? ;)
At the moment I only wear t-shirts and crop tops, but I do have a jumper dress, and I might buy a couple of regular dresses when the weather gets warmer. The breast forms will give me a bit of frontal definition … though I’m not intending to shave-off my goatee beard!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- November 7, 2023 at 12:26 pm #779172MelodeeLadyRegistered On: August 6, 2023Topics: 1Replies: 94Has thanked: 108 timesBeen thanked: 470 times
I wear forms that I insert into a pocket bra. I’ve worn them in a sports bra once against my skin – it wasn’t awful, but then it was cool out. I’ve not used a breastplate, but it seems like I’d need to wrestle it on and then it’d be quite warm and sweaty. I’m more than happy with my existing method, so likely won’t experiment.
- November 4, 2023 at 6:25 pm #778520Kerri SmithLadyRegistered On: November 21, 2022Topics: 34Replies: 275Has thanked: 120 timesBeen thanked: 1534 times
- November 4, 2023 at 7:38 am #778385Stephanie JonesLadyRegistered On: March 31, 2022Topics: 3Replies: 39Has thanked: 69 timesBeen thanked: 185 times
I feel like the odd one out. I have both silicon triangle breast forms (purchased first) and a gold seal breast plate. since buying the breast plate I hardly every use the forms. I do wish the neck was easier to conceal, but you just can’t beat the look of real cleavage a breast plate gives.
I also don’t need to shave (or explain why) my chest with a breast plate as i would need to in order for forms to both adhere and look good.
- This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Stephanie Jones.
- November 5, 2023 at 11:14 am #778741Kerri SmithLadyRegistered On: November 21, 2022Topics: 34Replies: 275Has thanked: 120 timesBeen thanked: 1534 times
Stephanie, is there a choker style necklace that you use to cover the neckline? I need to get one.
- November 5, 2023 at 3:46 pm #778777Stephanie JonesLadyRegistered On: March 31, 2022Topics: 3Replies: 39Has thanked: 69 timesBeen thanked: 185 times
a scarf would work. the neck line is right under the chin so I’m not 100% sure if a chocked necklace would hide it, it is worth a try though.
Kerri, I just saw a post saying you ordered a breastplate, I hope you love it as much as I do mine. just remember, talc powder (i actually use cornstarch) is your friend. It makes it so much easier to put on and remove, and makes them feel more like skin as well.
- November 7, 2023 at 11:15 pm #779329DeeAnn HopingsDuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 1260Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 3614 times
My Pals breast forms came with a small bottle of cornstarch. That struck me as a bit odd, so I did some reading. Turns out that talc is a suspected carcinogen. Who Knew?
- November 9, 2023 at 8:06 am #779688Stephanie JonesLadyRegistered On: March 31, 2022Topics: 3Replies: 39Has thanked: 69 timesBeen thanked: 185 times
Yes, I do recall reading about talc being a carcinogen. I chose cornstarch mostly because it is typically in the baking drawer of the kitchen, plus it doesn’t have any scent unlike all the talcs I could find locally. Even baby powder has a scent which I would need to explain if I didn’t get it completely washed off.
- November 4, 2023 at 4:12 am #778353RevelBaronessRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 15Replies: 633Has thanked: 1550 timesBeen thanked: 2317 times
- November 2, 2023 at 11:08 am #777991Lisa LeighLadyRegistered On: April 20, 2022Topics: 8Replies: 407Has thanked: 1395 timesBeen thanked: 2052 times
My forms came in today and they look great. I already have some size to my breast (due to cancer weight loss) so I chose a Size B. The deal my wife made was I could get them as long as they ar to larger then hers! She a C, but that’s fine I like small breast anyway. I doubt I would want anything larger than a C cup me or her. These are silicone gel, got them from the big “A” at a good price. Being my first pair I didn’t want to go whole hog on buying them, plus at a small price the wife was more than willing to allow me buy them. They fit my A and B cup bras to a tee! Once on they look even be a small C! They feel good and act natural.
As for a breastplate, I don’t think I would be comfortable in one. Forms seem to be easy on and easy off when compared to a plate. Then again I have never worn one. Same as a wig, I would rather grow my hair longer, since I don’t have a balding issue, and style it or ponytail it. I”m gray now, but my wife wants me to dye it to its original color, a chestnut brownish color. Sorry got off track! 🚂
So I would go with forms over a plate.
- November 1, 2023 at 6:13 pm #777790DuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 1260Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 3614 times
I have never owned a breast plate. Aside from temperature issues, I have reduced flexibility in my elbows and shoulders due to arthritis. I think I could put one on, but I think removing it would be difficult.
After going through 3 or 4 sets of the polyurethane skin filled with silicone gel type due to the Rupture-Patch-Rupture-Patch cycle, I bought a set of Pals, manufactured by Supergel Products of Riverside, CA. They are solid soft silicone material with no skin. They claim a 10 year life and I’m 6 or 7 years so far with no problems. You can sleep in them with no problem. The surface is a bit tacky, so when held in by a bra, there is little movement. Mine pretty much fill an H cup so they are too heavy for adhesive.
I would pass along additional information, but their site seems to be down at the moment.
- November 3, 2023 at 8:37 pm #778319
- November 1, 2023 at 8:23 am #777644ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 797Has thanked: 3143 timesBeen thanked: 3925 times
I’ve only used forms and found them convenient enough for what I need or want. I’ve thought about a breast plate, but other than once reading about them, I haven’t really felt the need…for me anyway.
- November 1, 2023 at 12:31 am #777584Madeline BradfordDuchessRegistered On: February 5, 2023Topics: 6Replies: 220Has thanked: 342 timesBeen thanked: 986 times
- November 4, 2023 at 4:06 am #778352
- November 2, 2023 at 11:14 am #777997Lisa LeighLadyRegistered On: April 20, 2022Topics: 8Replies: 407Has thanked: 1395 timesBeen thanked: 2052 times
- November 2, 2023 at 9:44 am #777952
- November 1, 2023 at 8:16 am #777643Marlene RobertsLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 468Has thanked: 7031 timesBeen thanked: 1300 times
- October 31, 2023 at 4:32 pm #777499Melissa HoneyLadyRegistered On: October 15, 2023Topics: 0Replies: 8Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 66 times
Joining the ranks of Breast Forms” I am very happy with them. I have two types, adhesive and non adhesive. Both work well although you need to reposition them every so often. I don’t thing this is anything different than what most women need to do. The adhesive breasts tend to stay in place better but require more preparation and clean up after for your skin and storage. I do have a breast plate, tried it because I wanted the full bust look but was dissatisfied by the colour, weight, and artificial look around my neck, never mind how sweaty it can get. But they both are better than water balloons, rice bags, foam or socks for that matter. For me it’s Breast Forms all the way!
- October 31, 2023 at 8:11 am #777381Holly MarieLadyRegistered On: August 8, 2022Topics: 17Replies: 227Has thanked: 227 timesBeen thanked: 1071 times
A difficult question; I’ve only worn a breastplate once and found it heavy and uncomfortable… but every time I’ve worn forms they seem to want to leap out of my bra! Overall, it’s just the forms… but seeing as my greatest love is A-cups, I’m not too worried about either version… Holly XXX
- October 31, 2023 at 6:59 am #777375Coleen EdinburghLadyRegistered On: November 27, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 89Has thanked: 668 timesBeen thanked: 369 times
I have only worn forms I have 4 set different styles and cup sizes three made of silicon and one set foam sold by Marks and Spencer. I would love to try a breastplate but am unsure I could get on and off as I have re-strickted mobility in one arm. I would love to have the cleavage a breastplate gives or better yet my own breasts. But alas that is not going to happen
- October 30, 2023 at 7:22 am #777136Kelly LeeDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 48Replies: 547Has thanked: 706 timesBeen thanked: 2479 times
- October 30, 2023 at 6:45 am #777126Lucy BancroftDuchessRegistered On: October 11, 2022Topics: 5Replies: 127Has thanked: 474 timesBeen thanked: 572 times
- October 30, 2023 at 12:54 am #777087Roberta BroussardDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 687Has thanked: 8795 timesBeen thanked: 3534 times
I have a breast plate but have never worn it out anywhere. living in the deep south. Our temps are just too worm to wear it for long. Plus having to hide the edge around the neck is a problem for me, as I only have one top that would hide the edge and yet revel the breast sufficiently. However, the cleavage is unmatched. I do have several dresses that I would love to show that kind of cleavage.
I first choice is my forms. I love the feal when they are attached with adhesive. The brand sold at the breast form store works amazing and isn’t anywhere near as messy as the Hollisters, in a spray can. Being able to sleep in a night gown or pajamas without a Bra on is so amazing.
- October 29, 2023 at 9:57 am #776936Becky DavisLadyRegistered On: February 10, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 229Has thanked: 3450 timesBeen thanked: 963 times
OH, I love my forms and one of the best things I have ever gotten for dressing!!! I’m looking to buy another pair so I don’t have to wear the same forms all the time. I have a couple of shaping cammies that I don’t wear a bra with and they stay in place pretty good so I get that bra-less look with a bit more bounce, I also have the tape and that helps……… Reading the pro’s and con’s on breast plates I’ll stick with forms.
- October 29, 2023 at 7:26 am #776907Lauren RussellLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2023Topics: 4Replies: 310Has thanked: 965 timesBeen thanked: 1177 times
I prefer forms. While I haven’t tried a breast plate, it looks hard to get on and off and would be very warm to wear. I also don’t like the visible seam around the neck.
Of course, natural breasts would be absolutely amazing!!!
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Lauren Russell.
- October 29, 2023 at 12:34 am #776845Caroline DavidsonLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2023Topics: 2Replies: 78Has thanked: 40 timesBeen thanked: 351 times
I haven’t cast a vote as I have only had experience with forms, which I wear all the time when fully dressed.
What I want is to be able to wear some of the clothes I can’t at the moment coz I don’t have a cleavage. I would love to try a breastplate but don’t really want to spend all that money to discover I hate it! lol
- October 28, 2023 at 11:53 pm #776844Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 145Replies: 1434Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 6385 times
Breast forms with a lacy underwire bra here. I’m heeding the “Dont bother cos you’ll sweat” advice.
I have 3 sets, two self adhesive, but wont stay on braless and my all time favorites. Gold Seals from the Breast Form store that use the “Skin Tac” adhesive wipes and double sided tape method.
When going public, (only2-3times a year), I “wont leave home without ’em”
- October 30, 2023 at 9:31 pm #777314
- October 28, 2023 at 6:49 pm #776812Carolyn KayBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 23Replies: 618Has thanked: 2170 timesBeen thanked: 2787 times
I once had a breast plate and found it never really fit well or looked natural in me. I gave it to another CDH friend. I now have a pair of Aphrodite self adhesive forms I received from yet another friend on CDH. I absolutely love them.
- October 28, 2023 at 1:11 pm #776748Fiona BlackBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 23, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 858Has thanked: 694 timesBeen thanked: 3776 times
- October 28, 2023 at 11:33 am #776724Tiny TinkerbellLadyRegistered On: May 19, 2023Topics: 3Replies: 137Has thanked: 1530 timesBeen thanked: 539 times
I’ve only owned silicon breast forms thru my many years of crossdressing…they are a “must have” to complete the total illusion of being the woman inside me when I crossdress…I LOVE how they feel, and make me feel. I have not had good luck with adhesives, probably because of their weight, so a regular or pocket bra is a required must; I’m a 48C. This being said, my desire to go “braless” could only be accomplished via a breastplate, so I have done my research and still might consider one if conditions ever change…but currently, due to lack of privacy, I am not dressing as often as I would like, so the investment in one would not be wise, plus thru my research, I still have issues with the quality, sizing, discomfort…many here, and in other discussion, have stated the same…so for now, I’ll stick to the status quo, it works for me…and “life goes on”…!!!
- October 28, 2023 at 3:03 am #776633
- October 3, 2023 at 3:34 am #770103J JLadyRegistered On: September 13, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 1110Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 4696 times
Same, mine are just.placed in.a bta, though I have used adhesives, I prefer just holding them in place with a cute or sexy bra.
- September 30, 2023 at 10:27 pm #769668Sophia TaylorLadyRegistered On: July 22, 2023Topics: 2Replies: 90Has thanked: 28 timesBeen thanked: 287 times
I have 2 sets of forms in the tank top style. There are pros and cons to both, it depends on your personal preferences. Since I can only occasionally dress these forms are great because I can put them on and take them off quickly. You have to be more careful with the bigger sizes and wear a bra or other supportive garment so they don’t rip.
- October 1, 2023 at 7:03 pm #769846WillalillianRegistered On: September 28, 2023Topics: 1Replies: 2Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 26 times
- October 2, 2023 at 9:24 pm #770071Sophia TaylorLadyRegistered On: July 22, 2023Topics: 2Replies: 90Has thanked: 28 timesBeen thanked: 287 times
So my F cup breastplate (older one) has completely ripped on one side and is ripping on the other. I can still wear it with certain tops/dresses as long as I have a bra or other support garment to keep it in place. When I first got it, I wasn’t fully aware of proper breastplate care so I attribute the failure to this. I’d say I got considerably more than 5 uses out of it.
I wanted to go a little bigger anyway so I upgraded to a G cup breastplate and took special care to use powder, keep it clean and dry, and be more careful when putting it on/taking it off. I’ve had it on/off about a dozen times with no damage present.
I use the “tank top” breastplates because they do not require adhesives and they go on and off pretty quickly. They also cover up a not so feminine chest/back…LOL.
Ironically, I’d now like to upgrade to an H cup just to fill some tops and dresses out a little better.
- September 29, 2023 at 12:28 pm #769418Michaela JaneLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2016Topics: 38Replies: 567Has thanked: 791 timesBeen thanked: 1827 times
- September 29, 2023 at 7:57 am #769382Lauren RussellLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2023Topics: 4Replies: 310Has thanked: 965 timesBeen thanked: 1177 times
I use forms that go inside my bra. I haven’t attached them to my skin yet but I would imagine that the feeling would be interesting to say the least.
- September 29, 2023 at 6:58 pm #769457Registered On: September 28, 2023Topics: 1Replies: 2Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 26 times
I purchased a c cup breast the type that is silicone and fits snug on the body like a low cut tank top, and after the 5th time wearing it, it tore and ripped apart so then I carefully trimmed. Cutting the breasts out and now put them in the bra.
- September 29, 2023 at 7:46 am #769380Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 18Replies: 1247Has thanked: 981 timesBeen thanked: 5268 times
I only use breast forms, although I don’t use adhesive. I just put them in a bra.
Besides being hot, I have olive colored skin and most breast forms or breast plates (the ones put on like a tank top) are much too pink to match my skin tone. They would look completely out of place.
- The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.