• Creator
    Topic
    Sa•man•tha
    Founder
    Registered On: January 21, 2018
    Topics: 304
    Replies: 1442

Hiya Sisters,

For your consideration, let me offer you this.

Karen Carpenter said, “I’m a California label from the top of my head.”  Labels, hey ya like em, ya don’t.  But what about an identity?  Everyone has one of those I reckon.

Labels are what you slap on a package but an identity is personal, and behind each of these is a person for whom that identity may be holy.  Anyone can give you a label I suppose, but you chose your own identity, or were born with it, and lived it by experience.  No one defined that for you.

Maybe the issue isn’t the label or the identity, but prejudice… “an inability to understand or relate to another’s lived life experience.”  Merriam Webster’s didn’t define it like that but I just did. /

And now, let me leave you with this thought:

Myra was hot.  The Texas sun was always hot this time of year, but the real problem was the venom coursing through her veins from that cottonmouth she’d just encountered.  She knew that without getting some help, she would soon pass out and leave this crapsaccharine world behind.

Bob Dylan said, “She who ain’t busy dying is busy being born.”  That’s a direct quote.

That is all my dears.  Have a wonderful rest of your week. ❤

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Candy Can
      Participant
      Registered On: October 19, 2018
      Topics: 33
      Replies: 117

Deep thoughts.
      Society is quite accepting of a female expressing her masculine side.
      Less so about a male expressing his feminine side.
      Hence ‘tomboys’ always been allowed. Marlene Dietrich could wear a suit and top hat back in the ’20s. Women wear jeans etc no issues.
      However, when a man wants to go the complimentary route, society objects.
      Much of what men are expected to wear isn’t even all that suitable for the climates many of us live in!

I tend towards Jung’s view;
      “The anima and animus are described in Carl Jung’s school of analytical psychology as part of his theory of the collective unconscious. Jung described the animus as the unconscious masculine side of a woman, and the anima as the unconscious feminine side of a man, each transcending the personal psyche”.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Kelly Terry
      Participant
      Registered On: February 26, 2018
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 145

A quote I read somewhere: “I am not trapped in my body – I am trapped in other peoples perception of my body”
      So labels or identity, I guess one issue is what you think about yourself vs what other think about you.

/kt

Heather Jameson
      Participant
      Registered On: April 1, 2019
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 356

As usual a good point to ponder Sam. Prejudism is  everywhere, I too am prejudice on some points, not against race or religion just certain aspects or traits in the human personality. When I see these traits it really turns me off and I choose not to associate with these people.

I like the Bob Dylan quote, very thought provoking.

We’ve all had moments like Myra but you can’t let these people get to you. I don’t know maybe because I’ve been called so many names and treated like crap so many times in my life I have become immune to it. I usually reverse it and exploit their weakness which is usually a lack of intelligence and make them look foolish. As I’ve said before I have a razor sharp sarcastic side.

The world is becoming a better place on some aspects but then you turn on the news and think will we ever learn, maybe one day but it won’t be in my life time. All we can do is use ourselves and our difference to the societal ” norm” to set an example to the younger generations to be more understanding to our differences.

Take care, Heather

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

You got it Heather!!  Each of us literally has the power to change the world ❤

Kay Anderson
      Participant
      Registered On: June 1, 2020
      Topics: 17
      Replies: 550

Any chance Myra ran off with Chico?

2 users thanked author for this post.
        Grace Scarlett
        Participant
        Registered On: July 26, 2020
        Topics: 22
        Replies: 585

Kay

I don’t think Myra ran off with Chico, (Whisper – apparently he had a gambling problem!!)

grace xx

Sa•man•tha
          Founder

Chico may have had a gambling problem, but he was also quite the ladies man and played a mean piano to boot 😅

Kay Anderson
      Participant

We all seem to hate labels, but what about good labels? Like “Cool Girls”

3 users thanked author for this post.
        Sa•man•tha
        Founder

A label is subjective, but an identity you own! ❤

Grace Scarlett
      Participant
      Registered On: July 26, 2020
      Topics: 22
      Replies: 585

Stevie….I do so agree… Sammy’s dictionary would be a hoot….but more importantly, how is Myra ??

Grace ( worried, from the u.k.) xx

stephanie plumb
        Participant
        Registered On: November 17, 2018
        Topics: 97
        Replies: 893

Hi Grace,  you need not be worried any more.

I’ve  spoken to Myra and she is fully recovered. The poison only had a temporary effect and now she is feeling quite cool.   But she is keeping her eyes open for  🐍’s.

Stephanie P ❤

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

Hi Grace, after a few hours of bright colors, intricate patterns and a vision of the eye of God, Myra made a full recovery. 😁 We may even nickname her, “Honey Badger” 😅

Kay Anderson
      Participant

Stephanie,

I always thought that if my wife took the gender test, she would score higher in masculinity than I did. And she is a girly girl for the most part.

Kay

Kay Anderson
      Participant

Has anyone done any ‘shadow’ work? The theory is that you have these broken off parts of self. They get broken off for many reasons, like trauma. These parts are then hidden in your shadow. You can’t see them or accept them. Then you project them onto other people. Most people doing this are not aware they are projecting.

An example might be, we all have feminine and masculine traits. For some reason someone can’t accept their own femininity.

So they project their own anger or self hatred of their feminine onto others. This person sees a transgender and starts verbally abusing them or worse attacks them. Sadly the person doesn’t realize it’s all about themself, not the transgender.

I think this could be the source of derogatory labels. If a person wants to do Shadow work, it can be a great source of personal growth and self acceptance.

5 users thanked author for this post.
        Rei Durden
        Participant
        Registered On: October 11, 2020
        Topics: 14
        Replies: 477

Kay, you did a fantastic job of explaining Shadow Work, probably better than I’ve heard Teal Swan explain it.

When you sum it up as you did, it explains much of my behaviour previous to Rei.

Sa•man•tha
        Founder

What about shadow boxing Kay?😁  Ah, the projectors… these people have a way of causing you to question your own sanity!  And of course they never get that its them projecting their own crapola on to you.  I’ll walk away from these folks every time.  A firm sense of self identity helps deflect, I think. ❤

stephanie plumb
        Participant

Very interesting, and food for thought.    Sometimes they can’t accept their own masculinity.

A while ago I suggested, in fun, that the GG’s might like to take the gender role test.    It got an indignant response that why would a GG want to take a gender test.  I guess it was seen as an attack on their femininity.  But of course we all have both masculine and feminine traits.

6 users thanked author for this post.
      stephanie plumb
      Participant

Hi  Sammy,

Very well put, and point taken.  Poor Myra – I do sympathise with her.

Stephanie P 😊

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Sa•man•tha
        Founder

I’m glad you get what I’m trying to say here Stephanie, thank you ❤ And don’t fret too much over Myra, she made a full recovery!

Stevie Steiner
      Ambassador
      Registered On: June 11, 2020
      Topics: 26
      Replies: 628

I like that definition of prejudice Sammy.  I think prejudice and ignorance are bed mates.  Labels try to be specific but they are in fact rather generalized.  I constantly hear how we are all different, yet we try to collect these individuals within labeled groups.  A lot of the individual get lost that way.

… and I like Bob Dylan.  That reminds me of the quote ” The day you stop growing is the day you start dying “.  Let’s all keep growing then.

And please Sam, consider publishing your own version of a dictionary …. it would be soooo entertaining!😁

Stevie

6 users thanked author for this post.
        Sa•man•tha
        Founder

A lot of conversation seems to go on around here in terms of label but I wish instead we could think in terms of identity.  The individual never loses the identity but rather adds it to the collective.  You are whom you are and if it weren’t for such things as prejudice and stereotypes this would all cease to be a problem. 😊

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.