Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Effing stressful Monday….wound tight.  Chillin’ to Massive Attack’s Protection…..some of the best trip hop from the ’90’s.  FINALLY sleep seems possible.

What do you do to wind down (besides dress obviously)?

Edit – forgot to mention I did have a little bourbon.  Music is still the best stress reliever for me.

That’s all.

/EA

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by Emily Alt.

Hi Emily!

Mostly to chill out I stream episodes of Big Bang Theory. my wife loves it too and it is our favorite to relax before sleep.

Hugs & Love,

Autumn

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I have been revisiting Yello and their virtual concert ‘Touch’ is quite nice to unwind to..

Anonymous
      Lady

Liquid medication…. vodka… works every time.

Erika Henderson
      Duchess - Annual

I find a good bottle of wine helps!

Anonymous
        Lady

Cheers!

[postquote quote=697646]
      I sleep to wind down, go to dreaming faraway places with my restful Cpap machine and wake up refreshed

Music that touches my soul and a nice cup of hot chocolate with a shot of Bailey’s. Works every time!

Hugs girls,

Ms. Lauren M

J J
      Lady

While I enjoy a nice glass of wine while wearing a sexy dress, or even just lingerie, best keep the wine or alcohol for the up times, not the down times. Music, though can calm or excite the soul.

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

Emily, I hope that what ever you did worked for you and that today goes better for you. I have a glass of water and rye and watch music on Y Tube, I have to set the timer because most of the time I’ll fall asleep.

Sherri

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

I’m an avid reader of both fiction & non-fiction. Always helps me unwind and reading in bed always helps me fall asleep better.

I’m a music obsessive, so it’s not only how I wind down, but how I wind myself up too. Different music, though. My wind down music is often jazz (mostly bebop, some modern), occasionally classical, post rock, late Roxy Music, etc. My tastes are all over the place. Rosé or whiskey, depending on the mood.

An aside: I quit beer (all carbs really) in September 2021 and basically replaced it with rosé. Our friends at our local would sometimes tease me about it. So, when I came out at a party there not long ago, when someone commented on my dress I’d joke “must have been all that rosé!”🤣

For light stress I have a glass of wine, champagne, or draft beer and talk to my wife.  For major stress I have more.  For monster stress I have a boilermaker and listen to old Animals Hits on the jukebox in my semi-darkened game room.  And for Going Back to the Day Stress I put on my old combat boots and go out and do public service asking for the most menial and disliked jobs (usually pot and pan washing at the soup kitchen).  It all usually works out ok for me as long as I don’t put off the treatment for too long a time.  Emily, I hope that you got your spring safely unsprung.  I totaled my semi-new car on Voting Day.  I’m fine, the deer that hit me took off and the car died (an 8 pt buck blew 3 airbags,2 seat belts, 2 lights, a hood, and a grill at 35 mph for the car buffs) .  Sadly, stuff happens, especially around the holidays.  Thanks for being willing and open to share your angst with us.  Here’s to better times.  Hugs, Marg

Wow Marg!

That sure wasn’t a nice thing to happen, how new was the car?
        Very good to hear it was only the car that got hurt!

Hugs girlfriend,

Ms. Lauren M

Hey Lauren,  It was 28 K and in showroom perfect condition.  I only used it for long drives cause it got 52MPG (a stick shift Mitsubishi Mirage).  The deer jumped off a bluff into traffic. The wrecker took the pieces today.  It may have a new life later as a Toyota.   Like I said, stuff happens.  lol    Marg

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

Bummer about your car Marg and glad you’re okay.  I did get unwound and fell asleep shortly after posting this topic.  The next day was considerably better.

Good to hear Emily.   Monday,  just can’t trust that day!   Marg

Potato Chips!

The cause of, and the solution to, all… Oh wait, that’s something else!

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

I’ve often said there’s no such thing as a bad potato.  I try to avoid having chips around the house.  They get consumed way too fast!

Sadly, Yes…

Anything potatoe would work for me. Chips are eaten by the bag. Hugs,  Allysa

Oh DeeAnn,   Potato Chips and Doritos cause my hand and mouth to go into autopilot until the bag is empty.  Very dangerous to have around!   Marg

Emily Alt
          Managing Ambassador

I resemble that!

My second would be Tostitos, restaurant variety. Often refreshments are involved that have the word “Proof” or “% By Volume” in the subtitle and have something to do with that rowdy and irreverent SOB:

Al Keehaul…

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Absolutely music calms many of our daily wows.  My satellite radio is always close 👌.. when I’m low.  Oh as mentioned by a few others a glass of wine in hand doesn’t hurt.   Lol.. 🌷

Lola Caprice
      Baroness

Sweet tea moonshine and jazz piano by Beegie Adair.  Sadly the world lost Beegie early this year but her music lives on.  If my mood is dark, my music choice switches to Evanescence, or most any song featuring Amy Lee.

💖Lola

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

Didn’t know sweet tea moonshine was a thing.  Where would I have to travel to sample this elixir?

Lola Caprice
          Baroness

It’s commercially available at a lot of liquor stores, or they can usually order it if you ask.  Sugarlands or Tim Smith are a couple of popular brands.  My favorite is from a small distillery in Branson Missouri called Smith Creek.  Their shine is a higher proof than any other brands I’ve found.  As far as I know they don’t ship.  I live in Oklahoma, it’s about a 6 hour drive for me.  My SO and I make the trip every year or so to restock and we make a weekend of it.  My source for the underground stuff dried up years ago but the commercial brands good enough, legal, and safe.

Hi Emily
      One of my other interests is foraging for wild fruit & berries for Wine making, I also make jams chutney and fruit pies. Anyway I just go off for a country walk or just scouring hedgerows.
      Sarah xx

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

After a long day putting out fires it’s probably best that I restrict my foraging to the liquor cabinet and music library, LOL!

I try to clear my mind and enjoy some classical music( Mozart or Beethoven).cant drink so it.is tea or a cup of hot chocolate. Hugs, Allysa

Same here. Dressing is my main stress releiver. With or without a few bloody marys with a Bush Light. Oh shopping while dressed helps too..

I have to agree with you Emily!! A good Bourbon, Blues on the stereo and dressed in my favorite chair take all the hassles of the day away. If only life could be so easy.

Slip into beautiful lingerie at bedtime but also TV and a wide range of music.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I’m a little late here Emily, but I agree, two or three fingers of fine whiskey and some music – classical or rock – generally do the job.  Also, reading!  Getting caught up in a good book is essential to my well being.

On rare occasion, a bubble bath!  Who doesn’t feel calm soaking in bubbles?? 🙂

Stevie

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?