- I don’t know what you’re talking about
- March 19, 2021 at 11:18 pm #466247Polly StewartParticipantRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3171 times
Who has become more attached to chocolate since becoming a woman? It does seem that women are much more attracted to chocolates than men.
- March 24, 2021 at 10:29 am #468539Rayna (was Dala) CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 183Has thanked: 337 timesBeen thanked: 575 times
I answered I don’t know what you mean because I can’t relate to the question.
I have been a choc-o-holic my entire life. I love chocolate, dark chocolate is preferred…
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 23, 2021 at 4:29 am #467905stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 152Replies: 2065Has thanked: 3297 timesBeen thanked: 9584 times
You mean that addictive bitter extract from cocoa beans? Choc full of two neuroactive drugs – caffeine and theobromine, that stimulates the opiate receptors in the brain? Also drenches the brains pleasure centres in the neurochemicals Dopamine, Serotonin, Phenylethylamine and Anandamide? Anandamide – a “happy” neurotransmitter that is also called the “bliss” molecule that makes you feel happy, and makes you feel good? Loaded with Phenylethylamine and Serotonin those mild sexual stimulants? Stuffed to the gills with that poisonous substance sugar, that your liver converts into visceral fat that spreads all round your internal organs, and your waistline, when it is deluged with the stuff? That stuff – Chocolate?
Its no wonder the stuff is so amazing! I love all chocolate (whoa! not true. White “chocolate” is not proper chocolate), but my unsweet tooth prefers the dark variety. And Caramac and salted caramel. Everything except Cadbury’s Dairy Milk (what have Hershey done to it?) Is Hershey simulated or artificial chocolate? Of course I HATE vegan chocolate. Did you know that oats are used to make some “silky smooth” Vegan chocolate? Cocoa bean and porridge “chocolate”. YUK.
And then they start adding peanut butter! Wow! I do love my nuts! Grace and Amanda are already addicts, and I’m well on my way. Thank goodness peanut butter Kit-Kats are not vegan. I add dark 85% dark chocolate to a chilli con carne – as they do in mexico.
Coffee break time! (with a chunky finger of peanut butter non vegan Kit-Kat) ☕🥜🧈
waspish, Steph xxx
- March 23, 2021 at 3:27 am #467891Kelli MarloweLadyRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 63Has thanked: 717 timesBeen thanked: 370 times
- March 20, 2021 at 9:12 pm #466780
- March 20, 2021 at 5:30 pm #466724
- March 20, 2021 at 4:47 pm #466704
- March 20, 2021 at 3:15 pm #466656Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 6Replies: 439Has thanked: 243 timesBeen thanked: 1741 times
I have to say no, although I don’t know what you’re talking about is a close second.
I’ve loved chocolate my whole life, so I can’t attribute it to becoming more feminine.
The next thing you’re going to tell me (and which I won’t believe) is that chocolate isn’t a food group.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Alison Anderson.
- March 20, 2021 at 1:02 pm #466549Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 65Replies: 1348Has thanked: 4816 timesBeen thanked: 7379 times
A tip on kitkats you must try.
Kit kat bars come in two or four fingers…..ok….
Break off one finger…
Bite the very tip off each end, showing the wafer…..then stick it in your coffee or better still, hot chocolate……and suck….
- March 20, 2021 at 10:24 am #466469KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 8Replies: 569Has thanked: 1509 timesBeen thanked: 2535 times
Good Morning Polly, I admit that I had a hard time answering the question, albeit seems very straightforward. I’ve always been a chocoholic since childhood. Does that mean I’ve been a woman since then? If we follow your hypothesis then probably yes (with a few attempts at being manly along the way). My Mom wanted a daughter, not a son. Mom loved chocolate ergo I was raised with a love for sweets like her.
I currently buy Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate buy the box load. It is my wife’s favourite. Yet she can control herself by having only two small pieces per day after supper. Not me, it is the whole bar or nothing and more often than not, it is the whole bar. Like others here, I want to keep my girlish figure so I exercise like heck and find other ways to reduce my food intake.
Not sure if I’ve ever mentioned this, but just before I retired from work four years ago, I wrote a strategic plan for my retirement complete with vision, goals, objectives and action steps. I regularly monitor my plan and am keeping up with it but I’m flexible enough to change it as required. One of my goal areas is keeping physically healthy and an objective is healthy eating. Under that heading one of my action steps deals with chocolate (remember I wrote this over four years ago). In it I say that I will NOT deprive myself of the enjoyment of chocolate.
thanks for the topic Polly, very much enjoyed it. Stay healthy, stay safe, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.
- March 20, 2021 at 9:44 am #466450Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 2094Has thanked: 4170 timesBeen thanked: 7494 times
- March 20, 2021 at 9:36 am #466446Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 65Replies: 1348Has thanked: 4816 timesBeen thanked: 7379 times
I know it’s not good to eat too much…because a dress size is everything!!!…..but.
Something’s are just meant to be. Every creature on the planet poo’s…
In my case, its getting rid of the waste, and making room for more chocolate…
at the moment, its peanut butter kitkats….
Its cool, i exercise to burn it off…the faster and further i walk….the more chocolate i can have…
Not every circle is vicious!!!
- March 20, 2021 at 8:09 am #466413Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1322Has thanked: 3794 timesBeen thanked: 3688 times
Ah Chocolate! Something I don’t indulge in much anymore. Unfortunately I suffer from something which is often identified with women, migraines, and chocolate is something which is considered a trigger in many, and it is for me. This started 25+ years ago and led me to cut out two things I used to really enjoy, red wine and chocolate!
Two memories I have of chocolate faves I’ll share. I’m something of a baker, so I used to make these wonderful banana chocolate chip muffins with LOTS of chocolate chips, sweetened with brown sugar or sometimes honey instead of white sugar. Like a dessert, instead of a morning snack.
Then from a large indoor market in Toronto, called the St Lawrence, where there are many fabulous places to buy food and their ingredients, but this one particular bakery I would visit on lunch sometimes sold huge and intensely dark chocolate rum balls. Never had better!
Since retirement I don’t get the headaches like I used to, and have a bit of chocolate now and then, though the memories of how much pain it can inflict if they trigger a headache means I just can’t enjoy it like I used to.
- March 20, 2021 at 4:46 am #466332ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 305Has thanked: 721 timesBeen thanked: 1272 times
I have LOVED chocolate since I dont know when. Now maybe its grown (tho probably not possible) since I started dressing.
Problem is now that I’m getting ahem older I’m discovering savoring just a touch too much chocolate isnt that good for parts of my body.
So now i have to be rather selective in how much i sample and make sure the rest of my diet is well rounded.
- March 20, 2021 at 4:18 am #466321Marcellette LavalBaronessRegistered On: February 1, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 84Has thanked: 280 timesBeen thanked: 417 times
A recent change for me – I got hooked when I started making filled chocolates at home during the peak of COVID isolation. It started out as something to get over boredom, but I quickly got carried away making different flavours of marshmallow fondant fillings. I ended up getting addicted to ones that I made with a dark chocolate shell and filled with half blueberry and half lemon filling – I can’t get enough, yummmmmmy!
Of course this could just be my subconscious wanting to wear an apron more often……..
- March 20, 2021 at 3:32 am #466297Eva KellyDuchessRegistered On: March 1, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 257Has thanked: 2830 timesBeen thanked: 1227 times
- March 20, 2021 at 2:27 am #466283Diana MorganLadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 647Has thanked: 4436 timesBeen thanked: 2055 times
- March 20, 2021 at 1:58 am #466279Trisha Lilly HibbertBaronessRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 35Replies: 658Has thanked: 3110 timesBeen thanked: 2439 times
Me a chocolate eater, (binning the 5 kinder Bueno wrappers from yesterday), I have no idea what you mean, it’s not like I live above a shop and regularly eat 2 bars on the average shift at work. Honest 😄😄😄🤭.
- March 20, 2021 at 1:57 am #466278MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 262Has thanked: 1004 timesBeen thanked: 1033 times
No difference for me. I sometimes abstain, and sometimes blow out.
I’ll always get myself an easter egg – I know choc trademarks / names don’t translate well across borders, but my egg this year is a modest Fry’s Chocolate Cream one.
- March 20, 2021 at 1:27 am #466271LisaTLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 48Replies: 536Has thanked: 414 timesBeen thanked: 2487 times
Chocolate has never been an issue for me I’m not much into sweet things. There are 2 exceptions Easter and white water kayaking. In the days when I used to go down ridiculously steep rivers I used to take Mars bars. Far too sweet for my taste generally I discovered that they seem just fabulous when you arrive totally exhausted and adrenaline loaded at the bottom of a three hour run. As Lisa has never been an adrenaline junky that doesn’t apply. Easter eggs are my other major chocolate intake for the year (plus Christmas of course) where Lisa is more measured and chocolate received on either date can last for months rather than being consumed in a choco-alcoholic frenzy.
Interesting thoughts without this question I wouldn’t have even noticed how good she is with chocolate.
- March 20, 2021 at 12:08 am #466252T.J. ByronDuchessRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 349Has thanked: 3810 timesBeen thanked: 1447 times
I am Type 2 Diabetic…no chocolates.
I do use sugar substitues such as Equal, Sweet and Low, Truvia.
I can enjoy sugar free candies, very expensive. Usually drink Crystal Lite Lemonade with Iced Tea.
Sorry…no chocolate urges.
- March 20, 2021 at 4:37 am #466330Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 1112Has thanked: 3645 timesBeen thanked: 5365 times
My father in law is diabetic, and has a source of sugar free chocolate.
My brother in law is not, but gave me some Montezuma chocolate for Christmas. It’s 100% chocolate. No milk, no sugar, just chocolate made from cacao beans and nibs.
I find it virtually inedible…
Just putting it out there!
- March 20, 2021 at 5:12 am #466340
- March 20, 2021 at 12:14 am #466253
- March 19, 2021 at 11:51 pm #466251LadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 1112Has thanked: 3645 timesBeen thanked: 5365 times
My mother didn’t allow sweets or chocolate – my maternal grandmother described sugar as “The white death”.
One of my mother’s sisters, who lived with her parents as she had a mental disability which meant that she couldn’t look after herself, but had a job at a sofa factory, always had chocolates, and would take us to a cafe in town and buy us fizzy drinks! Such a treat!
So, when I started getting pocket money, half went on a comic and the other half on sweets, to be eaten secretly.
So I don’t know what you’re talking about.
With my figure?
I should jolly well think not.
But keep your grubby paws off my stash!
- March 21, 2021 at 1:11 am #466817Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3171 times
But not bananas! Oh, my God… a potassium freak!? I loath bananas with a passion! I can regurgitate bananas like cows do their cud!
Potassium doesn’t like me at all!
- March 21, 2021 at 1:07 am #466815
- March 20, 2021 at 1:22 pm #466561Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 65Replies: 1348Has thanked: 4816 timesBeen thanked: 7379 times
I went to a party once…and they had a chocolate fountain…you could dip different fruit including strawberries into the liquid chocolate….
i swear every time someone dipped fruit into ” my ‘ fountain…..i snarled at them…
grrrrrr ace x
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.