• Creator
    Topic
    Rachel McFadden
    Participant
    Registered On: November 13, 2020
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 61

Hi Ladies,

A very close female friend of mine was sorting through her perfume collection the other day, she has many bottles which have been bought for her as gifts over the years. She opened some of them and let me take a sniff, some I liked, some I really wanted to wear (but tried not to let on) and others I didn’t like. Much of the time we were in agreement about what was nice and what wasn’t but, at one point, I remarked how nice one of them was and her immediate response was, “Oh no! That one doesn’t suit her at all.”

Thinking about it, I’ve heard other women talk about fragrances that ‘suit them’ and I wondered what exactly that meant? I can see how clothes/shoes/makeup does or doesn’t suit a certain person/body type but it seems like an odd choice of word for a scent. And that lead me to consider my choice of femme-fragrance when I’m dressing. In the past I’ve always kept things simple, lightly fragranced soaps etc. and a very simple floral body spray. But, should I be more discerning? Are there different types/styles of fragrance that actually suit one person more than another? And ultimately, does it hurt the overall impression that I’m trying to make if I choose badly?

I’m really curious to know what you think.

Rachel xx

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Diane Rakers
      Lady
      Registered On: August 18, 2019
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 676

Hi Rachel,

I’m still feeling my way around but here’s my view of myself.

I’m 73 and I won’t dress like I’m 23, but I definitely want to look/be with it.

I always wear a dress, I always wear heels, and I WISH I could always wear Chanel #5 .

Lee Ann

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Harietta
      Lady
      Registered On: December 13, 2016
      Topics: 100
      Replies: 240

Also, Sephora. Although they aren’t doing makeup here in Ontario I thing they are still helping girls with scents. I’ve had luck before with their ample samples.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Harietta
      Lady
      Registered On: December 13, 2016
      Topics: 100
      Replies: 240

There is a set of rather nice scents from “The Healing Garden”. One I wear in both modes.
      They offer kits of several. Not Expensive. I got mine at Walmart.

Kristen Moore
      Lady
      Registered On: August 2, 2019
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 31

Signature scent is all about you. Not anyone else. Find a smell that makes you smile every time you smell it. And go with it. For me, I’m all about the Victoria’s Secret Bombshell Seduction. Every time I smell it, it makes me smile. I don’t really care what anyone else thinks. Just don’t over do it. One or two squirts is all you need. Nobody likes the person you can smell from 10 feet away.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Robyn Devine
      Duchess
      Registered On: October 24, 2020
      Topics: 15
      Replies: 604

Girls

Video’s can help as a reference, but the best is still a good mid-range dept. store or better that has a good perfume counter and girls who know their stuff.

If you frequent youtube, there’s all sorts of videos on it.

You can look up  Demi Rawling – She’s an Aussie Girl and does reviews for men and women.

Perfume/Cologne works along with seasons.  Light flowery or citrus work well for spring/summer daytime/office settings.  Heavier spicy/aromatic scents work better for fall/winter, nighttime/date night settings.

Of course you can wear whatever you want, whenever you want…but a little coordinating will make for better impact.

DeeAnn Hopings
      Duchess
      Registered On: November 10, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 779

As I was told many years ago, it has to do with ones body chemistry. A given fragrance may be compatible with one person’s body chemistry, but not another’s. I’ve never heard of a way to predict this before hand, so that would suggest that it is trial and error…

eleanor holborn
      Managing Ambassador
      Registered On: September 23, 2018
      Topics: 2524
      Replies: 409

As a GG it’s trial and error with perfumes some suit some do not the only way is to test one walk away for half an hour then smell it. Yes I know a lot of people love channel 5 sorry smells like a sewer on me everyone’s body is different lol

Sophie Summers
      Duchess
      Registered On: March 16, 2020
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 41

Fascinating post I have had the same conversations with friends and one is a perfume saleslady. We talked about the various aspects of perfumes, notes, where to place it when to and not to spray it. The interesting thing was how to apply. I was so interested I wrote copious notes, and I’m in the process of trying to put it down so I can video and pass on the info. If anyone is interested, please drop me a line.

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Rachel McFadden
        Lady
        Registered On: November 13, 2020
        Topics: 2
        Replies: 61

It’s definitely something I’d like to know more about. A video would be great but even a few pointers would be wonderful.

Rachel xx

Anonymous
      Registered On:
      Topics: 58
      Replies: 1706

Hello Rachel

There are so so many perfumes and fragrances in an ever changing market…and the good ones are not cheap, especially if you buy one and don’t like it…I could refer you to my favourites, but you may hate them, we are all different. You need to find a decent perfumery and work your way through the samples…and if you are in drab….so what, it’s a Christmas present.

good luck, grace xx

Robyn Devine
      Duchess
      Registered On: October 24, 2020
      Topics: 15
      Replies: 604

Rachel

Fragrance can be a hit-or-miss thing.  With a lot of GG’s I know, certain scents lead to headaches along with scents they dont like.

If you get more involved into fragrance like I have for my “guy” side, you’ll soon learn too that there are scents that work better in spring/summer vs fall/winter.  In general scents with a citrus or flower base work better in the summer.  Scents with a heavier spice work better in cold fall/winter.

It can also depend on whats the occasion, like being in the office vs a date night.

Like Lee Ann mentioned, some like Chanel no 5 are classics that work anywhere anytime,  although I thought I heard somewhere that no 5 changed its formula a bit, maybe Im wrong.

Robyn 💃❤️

Diane Rakers
      Lady
      Registered On: August 18, 2019
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 676

There is only one perfume on the planet.

Chanel #5

Lee Ann

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account