• Creator
    Topic
    Rachel McFadden
    Participant
    Registered On: November 13, 2020
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 11

Hi Ladies,

A very close female friend of mine was sorting through her perfume collection the other day, she has many bottles which have been bought for her as gifts over the years. She opened some of them and let me take a sniff, some I liked, some I really wanted to wear (but tried not to let on) and others I didn’t like. Much of the time we were in agreement about what was nice and what wasn’t but, at one point, I remarked how nice one of them was and her immediate response was, “Oh no! That one doesn’t suit her at all.”

Thinking about it, I’ve heard other women talk about fragrances that ‘suit them’ and I wondered what exactly that meant? I can see how clothes/shoes/makeup does or doesn’t suit a certain person/body type but it seems like an odd choice of word for a scent. And that lead me to consider my choice of femme-fragrance when I’m dressing. In the past I’ve always kept things simple, lightly fragranced soaps etc. and a very simple floral body spray. But, should I be more discerning? Are there different types/styles of fragrance that actually suit one person more than another? And ultimately, does it hurt the overall impression that I’m trying to make if I choose badly?

I’m really curious to know what you think.

Rachel xx

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Robyn Devine
      Participant
      Registered On: October 24, 2020
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 274

Rachel

Fragrance can be a hit-or-miss thing.  With a lot of GG’s I know, certain scents lead to headaches along with scents they dont like.

If you get more involved into fragrance like I have for my “guy” side, you’ll soon learn too that there are scents that work better in spring/summer vs fall/winter.  In general scents with a citrus or flower base work better in the summer.  Scents with a heavier spice work better in cold fall/winter.

It can also depend on whats the occasion, like being in the office vs a date night.

Like Lee Ann mentioned, some like Chanel no 5 are classics that work anywhere anytime,  although I thought I heard somewhere that no 5 changed its formula a bit, maybe Im wrong.

Robyn 💃❤️

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Lee Ann Rakers
      Participant
      Registered On: August 18, 2019
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 458

There is only one perfume on the planet.

Chanel #5

Lee Ann

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.