Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

2020 has been such a strange year.  Working from home since March and for the foreseeable future, which while I wish was under different circumstances, has been great for me.  Given me a lot more opportunity to dress in the clothes I love since I’m only out to my wife.  But the past 3 months or so – in and out of the hospital, cancer diagnosis looming over me, and one very bright spot – getting married to my understanding and completely accepting wife in November!  I just still can’t even really compute that today is Christmas Eve.  My wife and I were talking about it last night and we realized part of it is not going out to stores, etc and being constantly inundated with Christmas music etc.  No traveling to visit out of state relatives.  Normally I take lots of time off at the end of the year to just recharge, but I’ve had to use up and save what little PTO I have left for ongoing treatment, so here I am working on Christmas Eve (Shhh! Don’t tell my boss I’m surfing CDH!!!!)

We’re going to try to really set the mood tonight, watch some Christmas movies (still trying to get my wife on board with Die Hard being a Christmas movie lol — nobody’s perfect!)  Cold front moving in bringing some rain so we’re going to use the fireplace in our rental house for the first time!

Well I guess I’m just rambling at this point, but I can’t be the only one who feels like the holidays are super weird this year.

Love to all my sisters and I hope everyone has the happiest of holidays!

I hope things turn out well for you Erica, I truly do with all my heart. Tonight you must do everything in your power to find as much of that Christmas spirit as you can, snuggling by the fire with your fiancé and a glass of wine is a terrific start. Merry Xmas sweetheart!

Well there’s the chance to see everyone on Christmas day – Christmas by Zoom, lol!

I’d rather sacrifice one Christmas in order to enjoy future Christmases with all my friends and relatives than risk everything for the sake of tradition.

Love Laura

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Erica, You’ll definitely never forget 2020.  You’ve had quite the year, haven’t You?  Congratulations on your marriage. Very lucky to have a completely accepting spouse.  And good luck with your cancer diagnosis.  Die Hard?  I know quite a few people think of Die Hard as a Christmas movie BUT I think with a lovely new wife I might try to watch something a bit more Christmassy and romantic.  Both Oprah’s channel and Hallmark have got Christmas chick flicks playing daily.  Yes, I know some of them are pretty cheesy but hey, it might be worth sitting through one of them for your wife.  Yes, Christmas is a bit weird this year.  We have to try to sneak over to our daughter’s house to visit them tomorrow.  Our government issued a lockdown order – no visiting anyone for Christmas, $1000 fine.  A  few exceptions and my wife is trying to figure out how to do it.  She figures if our marriage status is “separated” for Christmas day, we qualify as an exception (so that means taking separate vehicles). Very weird.  Stay healthy, stay safe, All the very best to You and Yours.  Hugs, Krista.

I think I’ll have an easier time getting her to watch Die Hard than anything on the Hallmark channel lol.  I would probably be more apt to watch something on there than she would.  😂

Fortunately we have a variety of Christmas movies we both love to choose from!

Siobhan
      Lady

Merry Christmas Erica x

The new tradition…Christmas Zoom.

It’s definitely a weird Christmas. But then it’s been a really weird year. I’ve also learned that working from Home has advantages 😉 and learned that watching or reading news is depressing. I’ve learned strange new things about myself this year, told my wife, and we’re still together. That’s a win. Now, no visiting for Christmas. Just had a zoom meeting with most of my wife’s family. Most of mine is gone, so…

Yeah. Hard to think of it as Christmas this year. Even with the trees up, decorated, and presents under them.

Bridgette vS

Anonymous

Erica

Virtually the whole world has been turned upside down courtesy of China…..and it’s going to take a while yet……but you really do have to believe it will end and we get back to something like normal, otherwise, what do we have???

everybody has had some kind of setback, whether it’s this Crap Covid virus, or something else, but you have had a bit more than your fair share….. keep fighting the good fight honey…..best wishes, grace xx

A very Merry Christmas, Erica.
      It is a strange christmas, for sure, But as a couple others have said, it’s one christmas, versus your life possibly?
      My wife is extremely immuno compromised, so if it came in the house, it would be fatal, no ifs ands or buts, so no “sneaking”, here, the kids and grandkids have already been told, it’s just not worth that 1%?, 5%? chance this year.

Anonymous

Erica,

We are all thinking about you, and sending you positive thoughts!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Everyone!

A very Merry Christmas, Erica to you and your wife. hope it will be a nice night.  yes you are right this xmas is not the same with this virus going around and for me loosing my mom then my dad 68 days apart from each other in 2013 then my mother in law in 2019 from cancer .  so Xmas is not the same. our daughter in Maine and our other son is living with his GF and has no time for us for some stupid reason,   i know his Gf she will not work for some reason he works all the time. so for this Xmas it will be my wife , me and our son and my wife; sister,  i believe our son and his Gf is coming over wow that will be a shocker .  but have a nice Xmas and enjoy                            i loved reading your post it was so nice to read about it and having wife be 100% excepting , hope your cancer will go away

Leslie
      Lady

Erica,

Congratulations on your marriage and to someone who is supportive of you.  You are so lucky, mine is also very supportive of me so I know what that mean to a relationship.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas make your own new traditions!

A Die Hard is the greatest Christmas movie ever made!!

Hugs and good wishes for you and ours for the new year!

Leslie

Hi Erica so happy for you finding a supportive wife to hang onto and marry  and heres hope and prayers for you on your nasty C word hate to call it a name as it dosent deserve a name as a bad thing as it is,  Im in your boat as i met and married my wife 37 years ago came out to her shortly after we were married with acceptance and support    then within the last few years my wife had heart problems and had a pacemaker put in  doing good till 1 1/2 years ago she started having stomach pains ended up a softball size C word  in her colon  after we foung our doctor who turned out to be god  did surgery removed C word  put all together and doing good no kemo needed he got it all out  what a god  we stay in touch with him every time we go to Billings to heart doctor checkup  sorry to ramble but have faith sweet sister prayers to you you got this thing whipped  big hugs to you both and a Merry Christmas  and yes on Die Hard  LOL ..

Stephanie Bass💞💋🌹🌹

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?