Viewing 17 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Now I have always put a angel on the top of the Christmas tree, something that always been a tradition in our house hold as long as I can remember. Some people put a star on top instead, other may have something completely different, so what on your tree?. Is it an angel, a star, or something else.

We have a star, because that’s my wife’s family tradition.

My family alternated between stars and angels – and I used to like making them, getting more ambitious with each year.

The first time, it was a roughly cut card star covered in tinfoil and glue.

Then I learned how to make an angel by watching Blue Peter – using a circle of card, stuck on tinfoil, a few, deft scissor cuts, folding the base into a cone.

We made paper chains too – so much of our entertainment was DIY, not BIN (Buy It Now).

Love Laura

Anonymous

Wow Laura!!….blue Peter…

did you ever try to make….Tracey island???

Sadly I was “too old” when that episode was broadcast.

That age between 15 and 30 when kid’s stuff isn’t cool.

Now I am the right age again, I can’t get my boys interested in awesome things like Thunderbirds – although I had some luck with your uncle, Captain Scarlett, so there’s hope.

Maybe I’ll try my hand at Cloudbase…

Love Laura

Anonymous

Wow Laura, that’s a blast from the past, loved the show. “Down 2poos, opps sorry down Shep” John and shep were brilliant. Never made anything from the show though, couldn’t afford washing up liquid and sticky tape out of me pocket money

I made my father a toolbox out of a Cornflakes box.

Gave it 2 coats of gloss black paint, as we couldn’t afford sticky back plastic – and it lasted a good few days!

Love Laura

Anonymous

Amanda

This year I do not have a tree….ahhh

So I’m hanging about outside people’s windows looking at their’s…

so far I have 12 angels, 6 fairies, 5 stars and a bag of sprouts ( local farmer…..always been a bit weird)…I have also been bitten on the ankle by a dog and I’m up in court next tuesday charged with being a peeping tom…..the police did not believe I was a crossdresser conducting a survey..

the things I do for you Amanda!!!

I need an alibi, quick, grace xx

Anonymous

Tell them you are elf and safety working for Amanda Burton, I know a few of the top brass and magistrates very well Grace 😉

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Amanda, I put a small (6 inch tall) white teddy bear wearing a white dress and having angel wings on the top of our tree.  The majority of the ornaments are stuffed animals (4 to 6 inches tall) wearing winter outfits and of course being Canadian, I have four miniature stuffed hockey players also on the tree wearing their team colours (Edmonton Oilers for our son, Calgary Flames for our daughter, and the two traditional Canadian teams (Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens).   So hardly a traditional tree but the kids and grandkids like it.  Stay safe, Stay healthy, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Krista, your tree sounds absolutely beautiful, it must look amazing. Fabulous ideas for decorating a tree, it’s a wonder the kids love it, fabulous sweetie absolutely love it, thank you for sharing.

Stevie65
      Lady

Being a wood carver. I have been carving ornaments out of wood. Rather than buy cheap ornaments i make my own. I also give to my family and kids a special ornament every year. Best keepsake ever.

Stevie

Anonymous

No tree. We have cats.

We have a cat.

It’s a Bengal, so we also need a Darwin award having a tree… and a plentiful supply of bandages.

Love Laura

Anonymous

Laura… aren’t Bengals…..tigers???..I guess you don’t have a mouse problem??……..and has anyone seen your postman…….lately??

We also have cats, but they seem to leave it alone (thankfully no tigers!). This year the Maine Coon cat has taken to using the wrapped presents pillows though. Cats and boxes…

Oh, and always an angel. A local charity sets up in our church yard, and we get a tree from them every year.

Bridgette V

Anonymous

That’s sweet Stephanie, but am not sure if it’s meant to be a star and not an angel. Have to look that up.

I Googled it and the answer I came up with, using the infallible method of “reading between the lines” was that you put whatever you want on top of your tree.

Christmas is love, peace, a symbol of eternity – the evergreen tree is an ancient, pre-Chistianity symbol of everlasting, regenerating life.

If you want a star of Bethlehem, or the angel Gabriel or any other symbol of Chistianity – hey, a camel or a donkey would be symbolic enough to my wierd mind!

A star could also convey the underlying tradition of eternity – or maybe a diamond?

I double dare you to put a bottle of Calvin Klein perfume up there…

Love Laura

[postquote quote=418061]

Hi Grace,

Hope the trial ends up in your favor.  Show the judge the dog bite you received collecting data.  With a clean record you’ll get time off for good behavior.  I just had a thought.  Due to the pandemic the courts are closed so you’ll likely get a postponement.

Alice

Anonymous

Alice honey….bless you….

I think I will be fine… Stephanies dog attacks anything that breathes…

I have a long list of people with ” bits missing” that have been lucky enough to meet 2poos…

Healing slowly, grace xx

Hi Amanda,

Bought a small artificial tree some years back at an after Christmas sale.  It doesn’t hold much and works well in a small condo.  Can’t really use a tree topper because the topper would pull the tree over.

Alice

Craft cheese box lid cut into a star by our 2 daughters and covered in gold foil, a tiny little plastic angel about 2.5″ high with a white dress and wings. I fixed her to the star. Everything was with the help and guidance of the boss. We put the tree up today and she has pride of place. Unfortunately she has had a few minor ops at the fairy hospital, but is now glowing even at 38 yrs old. (Sorry I’m having a bitchy moment ) She doesn’t have a dammed wrinkle on her face, and she won’t tell me what moisturiser she uses .

Anonymous

How sweet Py….

but it’s no secret….

It’s fairy dust….wouldn’t we all love a sprinkle of that !!!!

Smiles, grace x

Always an angel, and thanks for the laughs, ladies, Love you girls
      Regine

Anonymous

Star for us ….with a tiny & simple tree 🌲🌲🌲

For the first time in my life there will be no tree in my home this year. Were in lockdown here in Montreal, the powers that be are threatening the citizenry with all sorts of steep fines for getting together this year, neighbors are informing on each other in ever increasing numbers, its bleak. I will be going to see my daughter and her boyfriend and risk the large fines. At least I can enjoy their 9′ tree.

Anonymous

Cindy..

you can replace money….we can’t replace Cindy, please take care if your taking that risk…x

So sweet Grace, don’t worry about me doll you do you. I have one child that means more to me than my own life ever could. No virus, or gov’t law is going to stop me from seeing and embracing her. She came over for a short visit last weekend and is always nervous about getting me sick, I told her to forget that nonsense and pulled her in for a huge hug.

Anonymous

Cindy sweetie, just cut one out of cardboard, doesn’t matter what it’s made of, just what it represents. Keep safe and wish you well.

I have an angel with a (bulb) candle that sits on mine.  It is a small one, only 4ft high, and it sits perfectly on a hexagonal commode table in my big window in the living room.  I don’t have it up yet and have received warnings from my nieces that they are coming to “help” me, much like a swiss avalanche St Bernard, with rum for toddies.

PaulaF

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

We put various objects at the top of the tree – different thing every year – last year it was a soft toy duck we found in the canal !

– On an aside – my mechanics out here at work have a home made perspex tree in their office with a cut out laminated picture of me in one of my 1950’s frocks as the fairy on the top of it … !! It was done in a nice way and very tongue in cheek but they are my main supports at work and asked before they did it (.. all in the best possible taste ! ) My only comment was that if they had asked earlier I could have given them a better pic with me in a nicer dress !

Hugs

Dawn x

Mandy Wife
      Baroness

We used to have an angel but she’s retired now due to old age and we have a shiny Mickey Mouse wire frame topper.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

For long as I can remember there was always a silver star with a light in it on top of the tree.  Tradition would be a star on top, and a manger at the bottom.   And Never Never overdecorate the poor tree.

Stevie

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

This year we have a red Christmas spire (jul spira)  which I guess mostly Swedish.
      In the past we have had star and I think angel some year(s).
      We don’t have any strong tradition that this or that “must” be on top or any strong attachments to ornaments and such but we do decorate the tree.

No poll regarding real or fake tree? I remember that for some years dad did take the decorated tree to an outside storage and then next year took it in, dusted it off and then it was ready for another Christmas.

/kt

Evelyn
      Lady

Oh deary me, that made me laugh…a lot!  🙂  🙂  🙂

Anonymous

Two crates Stephanie is the going rate.

Anonymous

Well it was a struggle trying to run down your path, in heels, with 2poos clamped to an ankle…then the police came…OMG…I dropped more than my clip board….in fact it was almost 3poos time!!!

limpingly, grace xx

Anonymous

Opps sticky knickers Grace, that bad sweetie.

Anonymous

Yes, bit worrying….but I could have been wearing Steph’s…..pantless crutchies….oh gosh….and no tuck!!!!

Down 2poos..Down !!!

Anonymous

Well they do save a lot of washing and dry cleaning, very handy

Anonymous

I was kicked in the soffits once, wow, eye wateringly painful!!!

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?