- Clip on
- May 17, 2021 at 8:37 pm #493248AnonymousInactiveTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
When wearing earrings do you wear clipon or are your ears pierced.
Total of 45 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- February 4, 2022 at 4:54 am #618115
- February 3, 2022 at 11:22 am #617945Liara WolfeLadyRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 1607Has thanked: 3155 timesBeen thanked: 5424 times
- February 3, 2022 at 1:16 pm #617990
- February 3, 2022 at 9:15 am #617900Sandy HoneyLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 474Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 2463 times
I looked back at my old post and indicated that I was going to get my ears pierced…that didn’t happen due to one stupid thing or another. I did get them pierced January 31 this year. Now when I look in the mirror I wonder why I waited so long. I Absolutely Love seeing the Cz stone sparkle and look forward to the day when I can choose to wear any style I want. These next 4 to 6 weeks will seem like an eternity but until then shopping for earrings will have to do. Girls if you want to pierce them go ahead…life is too short to wear clip-on earrings!
- February 2, 2022 at 8:58 pm #617811Christine WatkinsBaronessRegistered On: August 7, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 81Has thanked: 126 timesBeen thanked: 358 times
I got my left ear pierced (x2) when I was 18 back in the early ’80’s. It was no big deal for a guy to have a pierced ear by then, however there was that thing about “what side”.
I’m going to get the right ear done this week.
I got my nipples done in 2014. OUCHHHHH!
Getting the ears done is NOTHING compared to the nipples. Maybe it’s just me.
Just my 2 cents.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 13, 2022 at 5:01 am #611178Lacy SatinLadyRegistered On: June 27, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 483Has thanked: 442 timesBeen thanked: 2250 times
When I first started going out I had this really cut pair of dangled pierced earing that I took from my wife. I did not have pierced ears at the time so I would just push them through my ears so I could wear them all night when out and about. I loved the feeling of dangled earings hanging down and I felt pretty and feminine but I had a price to pay the next day when my ears were infected.
In time my wife pierced my ears for me and now I can wear pierced earings anytime I want.
I really don’t know how anyone could wear clip ons all day or night because they hurt.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- February 3, 2022 at 9:22 am #617903DeeAnn HopingsDuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 892Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 2462 times
They hurt because they are not adjusted properly and are worn without pads…
- February 4, 2022 at 2:22 am #618107Lacy SatinLadyRegistered On: June 27, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 483Has thanked: 442 timesBeen thanked: 2250 times
Thats probably true, but I prefer to have my ears pierced. It’s no big deal these days for men to have both ears pierced.
- February 4, 2022 at 7:53 am #618137DeeAnn HopingsDuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 892Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 2462 times
I don’t have a choice. Due to arthritis, I don’t have enough flexibility in my elbows and shoulders to mount earrings for pierced ears as I cannot touch either ear with one hand. It was a case of make clipons work or not wear anything. There are little silicone sleeves that you can get that slip over the paddle. You can also adjust the flexible tab to change the clamp pressure. I can wear MANY of the earrings in my collection for 5 or 6 hour with no problem. Sometimes I even forget that I’m wearing them…
- January 13, 2022 at 4:46 am #611170AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I’m 55 and got my ears pierced in September 2021. I love having pierced ears it’s so sexy and fun
I cannot recommend getting this done enough.
All the crap between my drab ears which prevented me from getting them done for 30 years amounted to a hill of beans.
- January 13, 2022 at 4:37 am #611166Lacey CynLadyRegistered On: December 8, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 209Has thanked: 383 timesBeen thanked: 965 times
I have had both my ears pierced since I was about 14. I currently have 2 piercings in my right ear, and 4 in my left. In boy mode I just wear standard rings. In girl mode I have a collection I can swap around, though a lot of them I could easily wear in boy mode.
- July 4, 2021 at 1:26 pm #513180Jenna Elizabeth FosterLadyRegistered On: May 6, 2020Topics: 15Replies: 214Has thanked: 498 timesBeen thanked: 851 times
I have two pairs of clip-ons, that’s it. However, I am looking at getting my lobes pierced at the local tattoo shop very soon, and also considering a nose stud. Now that my brows are done, I want to carry momentum into doing so much more, ASAP. Even looking at tattoos, and I’ve never had one or considered one.
- July 4, 2021 at 12:53 pm #513168Sarah CrossLadyRegistered On: July 1, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 25Has thanked: 262 timesBeen thanked: 182 times
- July 5, 2021 at 2:55 pm #513620AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- July 4, 2021 at 11:54 am #513148Abbie NormalDuchessRegistered On: June 13, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 678Has thanked: 1382 timesBeen thanked: 2804 times
- January 13, 2022 at 3:08 am #611157AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- January 13, 2022 at 10:04 am #611289AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I smile every time I see your last name, ‘Normal’. No, I suspect you are ‘Super Special’ but that would be two words.
- July 3, 2021 at 5:02 pm #512856June (Rei) DurdenLadyRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 1008Has thanked: 5926 timesBeen thanked: 4263 times
- July 5, 2021 at 9:37 am #513477Silvina DelpemLadyRegistered On: April 29, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 7Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 24 times
- July 3, 2021 at 7:07 pm #512884AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- June 24, 2021 at 9:59 am #508985ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 602Has thanked: 2215 timesBeen thanked: 2812 times
I would prefer pierced (and mostly hoops!), but I settle for clip ons – or reasonable facsimiles. At one time my SO intimated she wouldn’t mind me getting studs (or maybe 1, I forget), but I know how others, friends, adult children, close adult relatives, perceive me, and even 1 would be noticeable…and commentable, and teaseable, none of which I find thrillable.
- June 26, 2021 at 9:03 pm #509886cuteprincessdaniellaRegistered On: June 18, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 18Has thanked: 59 timesBeen thanked: 79 times
- June 24, 2021 at 1:01 pm #509014Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 58Replies: 1020Has thanked: 2390 timesBeen thanked: 4669 times
Hi Chloe. When I got my ears pierced I did get a few comments from co-workers and people at church. Usually it was ‘ you got your ears pierced?’ to which I replied ‘yes, you like it?’. I did have a little concern telling my brothers, but showed my large earrings at the same time I showed them I was a CD ( complete with forms, blouse,flower embroidered jeans and black flats). The only problem was with the last brother I told. He made no comments about the studs in my ears but commented about my long hair several times. After the 3rd or 4th time I undid my pony tail and told him that I was a CD. To this point I am not sure what he thinks about it.
. . Sandy
- June 24, 2021 at 5:37 am #508933Rachel LeighLadyRegistered On: May 26, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 18Has thanked: 33 timesBeen thanked: 119 times
I do not remember exactly when I got my ears pierced but I know I was young enough I had to have parents permission. Got both ears pierced even though it was still normal for a guy to only get the left pierced. I remember getting Teased in school about being a girl. I just went with it and said maybe I am. Usually ended most of the teasing, not fun when you agree with them and don’t get upset.
- June 24, 2021 at 3:45 am #508910Dianna RoseLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 1107Has thanked: 1968 timesBeen thanked: 3876 times
- June 24, 2021 at 1:04 pm #509017AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- June 24, 2021 at 2:51 am #508902Sandy HoneyLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 474Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 2463 times
I wear clip on earring but honestly I hate them. They slip off, get’s painful after a while and you have fewer styles to choose from. I plan to get my ears pierced this summer because I do love wearing earring and want to end the clip on struggles.
- June 24, 2021 at 2:05 pm #509055LadyRegistered On: April 29, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 7Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 24 times
I read that several of you have not pierced your ears. I dream of doing it for 50 years. When I was in Europe with my wife 10 years ago I made the holes (my wife told me “do what you want”) and I was happy for a few days looking in the mirror. Only a few days, and when I returned to Argentina I did not have them again. And I used them again in the closet! But… 3 years ago I decided to use them every day, I haven’t taken them out anymore, and I’m happy. Although I live dressed as a man every day (with exceptions) for me, having earrings, is everything more feminine.
- June 23, 2021 at 6:35 pm #508832LeslieLadyRegistered On: September 14, 2020Topics: 25Replies: 303Has thanked: 3558 timesBeen thanked: 1471 times
Unfortunately I right now only have some clip ons, NO Bettie Lou I haven’t gotten pierced, somehow new brakes for the car took first place money wise.
But it does bring up a important question. Since the race between the disappearance of hair on top and the appearance of hair in/on my ears seems to being won by the ears. Is there a way to make that hair disappear? Plucking doesn’t seem to work, waxing doesn’t and neither does shaving. Letting my hair grow longer sort of covers both. I can still do a decent comb over and it also hides my ears. But I would live a better solution if there is one?
- June 22, 2021 at 11:30 pm #508486Registered On: June 18, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 18Has thanked: 59 timesBeen thanked: 79 times
I got my ears both pierced for my 14th birthday, over the years i’ve added one more to my left and 4 more to my right ear so i got 7 in total and i love them, Is there a way i can post a photo of them in this thread because i cant figure it out? xx
- This reply was modified 1 year ago by cuteprincessdaniella.
- June 3, 2021 at 12:43 pm #500135Quinetta HarrisLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 121Has thanked: 235 timesBeen thanked: 425 times
Usually clip-on but I’ve had a lot of success with the newer magnetic ones that appear just like pierced studs! So many choices!
Laurie gurl, you gotta let us know where you found magnetic earrings? For me I am a clip on only gurl. I want to keep my earrings on when being passionate with someone and during the throws of ecstasy my lover might pull on my ears or earrings ;).
- July 2, 2021 at 2:22 pm #512313Quinetta HarrisLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 121Has thanked: 235 timesBeen thanked: 425 times
I do understand that there are vastly more pierced earring options than clip ons and that some of the clip on designs can be a head scratcher on who would actually buy them. BUT, since I have gotten my magnetic earrings from Amazon (Thank you Laurie gurl), I ahve been able to have the option of arranging two earrings in one ear lobe wherever in the lobe I want and not be constricted to two places only. So I am willing to give up the vast number of different options of earrings and not have my ears pierced, so I can have the control of where on my ears I want the earrings and easily go from one earring in each ear to two or three without any repercussions.
Anyone else besides Laurie and I wearing magnetic earrings?
2 users thanked author for this post.
- July 5, 2021 at 3:59 pm #513642NancyLadyRegistered On: May 3, 2020Topics: 28Replies: 385Has thanked: 1010 timesBeen thanked: 1878 times
Yes, I’ve tried magnetic earrings, with some complications. Some of you may remember a while back when I posted that I lost an earring down the drain. Well, it was one of my magnetic ones. I had just gotten them, had problems getting them stuck with the magnet on the back of my lobe, and the earring bounced right to the sink. So, that turned into a plumbing repair project, but I got the earring out. So, the next time I went to wear them, I got them on ok and drove to the park for a walk. It was a little breezy, and the long hair from my wig was blowing in my face as I got out of the car. So, I was pushing the hair out of my face (as annoying as that is, I love the feminine movement/action of it) and the hair snagged one of the earrings, and it popped off my ear. Of course, I parked beside grass, and couldn’t find it. So, I just wore the one earring the rest of that day. Amazingly, when I got home hours later, the little magnet was still stuck on the back of my lobe, even though there was no metal earring on the front to attract it.
I really want to get my ears pierced for real, but it’s magnetic or clip on for me for the time being.
- July 5, 2021 at 4:08 pm #513644
- June 23, 2021 at 9:52 am #508649Lola CapriceLadyRegistered On: May 26, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 256Has thanked: 1117 timesBeen thanked: 1070 times
I got mine on Amazon. So cool, I absolutely love them. Also work as a nose stud, although I’ve read you shouldn’t lie on your back if you use them that way because if the magnet comes off it could go down your windpipe. I have also had luck using them like lip piercings but had to buy larger, thinner magnets for the back side. Just my experience, use with caution!
- June 23, 2021 at 10:15 am #508658Tara JeaneLadyRegistered On: December 12, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 346Has thanked: 2208 timesBeen thanked: 1879 times
Lola, can you copy and paste a link to the ones you’ve used with success? I’ve read a lot of reviews about them and there’s almost always a review of someone getting a skin rash or infection from them (at least it seemed like I saw a lot of those reviews). If you can point us to one you have used and liked, I would appreciate it!
I SO want to get my ears pierced, but it may have to wait until retirement. I work with conservative people and they are only barely accepting of my longer hair 🙂
*kisses* tara 🙂
- July 6, 2021 at 2:16 pm #514123Quinetta HarrisLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 121Has thanked: 235 timesBeen thanked: 425 times
FIBOSTEEL is a good company that sells magnetic earrings on Amazon. Plus they state their earrings will not create any allergic reactions.
- June 23, 2021 at 12:20 pm #508697Lola CapriceLadyRegistered On: May 26, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 256Has thanked: 1117 timesBeen thanked: 1070 times
Here ya go Tara. I’m surprised they’re still available. I bought mine almost a year ago. $8
- This reply was modified 1 year ago by Lola Caprice.
- July 25, 2021 at 9:44 pm #523022Tara JeaneLadyRegistered On: December 12, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 346Has thanked: 2208 timesBeen thanked: 1879 times
Hi Lola! Thanks again and just following up. I bought the FIBO earrings below on your recommendation and I LOVE them!! (I bought the 6mm version and would recommend the 5mm especially for gals with small ears.) I find them to be very comfortable so far, but I’ve only worn them for about an hour. No issues at all! I can wear them on my lobe or up high in my ear. Both areas hold great and I don’t feel like they’re pinching.
*kisses* tara 🙂
- July 26, 2021 at 2:43 pm #523410
- June 23, 2021 at 7:00 pm #508837
- June 23, 2021 at 9:55 am #508653AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- June 23, 2021 at 12:15 pm #508696LadyRegistered On: May 26, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 256Has thanked: 1117 timesBeen thanked: 1070 times
I tried and couldn’t get it to stay, but for me…well…lots of fatty tissue and a hernia repair in that region so that might have something to do with it.
- May 24, 2021 at 5:04 pm #495997Rayna CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 463Has thanked: 597 timesBeen thanked: 1635 times
- June 23, 2021 at 12:03 pm #508691LadyRegistered On: May 26, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 256Has thanked: 1117 timesBeen thanked: 1070 times
- June 23, 2021 at 6:11 pm #508821
- May 24, 2021 at 9:58 pm #496103Coral WentworthDuchessRegistered On: July 12, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 115Has thanked: 346 timesBeen thanked: 504 times
- May 25, 2021 at 10:53 am #496309
- May 24, 2021 at 5:08 pm #495998AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- May 25, 2021 at 10:55 am #496310
- May 21, 2021 at 1:31 pm #494672Laurie TidenowLadyRegistered On: May 14, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 4Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 18 times
- May 21, 2021 at 4:36 am #494467Sandy CraigLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 327Has thanked: 359 timesBeen thanked: 841 times
Clip on for me. I don’t feel the need to have pierced ears as 95% of my life is the male side.
I found good fitting and holding clip on which I attach nice quality earing to. With your hair always partially covering my ear you do not see this detail but the actual earing shows.
- May 20, 2021 at 4:38 pm #494287LadyRegistered On: April 29, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 7Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 24 times
Ever since I was a kid, I dreamed of dressing like a woman and I thought the only thing I couldn’t use was earrings with holes. That’s what I defined for myself at the time as “being a woman.” They had holes and we didn’t. It was my object of desire for 40 years… My wife had no problem punching my ears and using them, but I was embarrassed and only wearing them in my house. For two years I have been happier and use in both ears all day, on the street, work, etc…
Desde chico soñaba con vestirme de mujer y pensaba que lo unico que no podria usar eran earrings con agujeros. Eso definia para mí en ese momento “ser mujer”. Ellas tenian agujeros y nosotros no. Fue mi objeto de deseo por 50 años… Mi esposa no tuvo inconveniente que me perfore las orejas y los use pero me daba verguenza y solo los usaba en mi casa. Desde hace dos años soy màs feliz y uso en ambas orejas todo el día, en la calle, trabajo, etc…
- May 20, 2021 at 2:33 pm #494244Millicent TeasedaleDuchessRegistered On: August 24, 2015Topics: 13Replies: 204Has thanked: 48 timesBeen thanked: 437 times
Just clip ons so far. Have thought off and on about getting my ears pierced, but, as much as anything, I don’t want to deal with the healing period. I’ve heard everything from 6 weeks to 6 months or longer, depending on the source. Not sure how well I’d deal with that, or an infection, should I be unlucky.
That’s a pretty dumb reason not to have them pierced, but it’s just where I am on the subject.
Take care all,
- June 23, 2021 at 11:46 am #508685AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
When I had my ears pierced at Claire’s in December 2019, I was told 3 weeks before I could remove the studs and use my own. Had to clean them daily, using a very weak bleach solution, but they did fine. It was awhile before I could omit wearing something without the hole trying to close, but no issues, otherwise.
- May 20, 2021 at 2:46 pm #494255AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- May 20, 2021 at 11:13 am #494186Rhonda HamelLadyRegistered On: February 20, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 5Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 34 times
Pierced for sure. Look around. Many men have both ears pierced these days. I recently saw an old geezer (like me) who looked like he just got off a Greek fishing boat (in other words, definitely not some young sissy) wearing diamond studs in both ears. If he can do it so can you. I like pushing the envelope in boy mode so I wear my favorite rose gold opal studs daily.
- May 20, 2021 at 5:46 am #494078Lisa WilsonLadyRegistered On: March 8, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 22Has thanked: 119 timesBeen thanked: 110 times
I pierced mine myself about 25 years ago. I’ve been wearing pierced earrings since, but only in girl mode. I have very tiny holes in my lobes and no one has ever asked me if my ears were pierced, at least the last 20 years. At first they were more sensitive, and a couple times early on when someone would ask what happened to your ear, I’d say it was from a pimple.
If I go a long time without wearing them, they will close up, but it’s super easy for me to find the holes. If haven’t worn them in a while, I will always put some clear Neosporin on the earring before putting in my ear. I actually did that the very first time I pierced them, and most of the times the first few years to try to prevent any infection (it has worked for me). I always dab a little on the holes after done wearing them even now as a precaution and to help hide the tiny hole for a couple hours till it’s not noticeable.
So not saying I would recommend this to others, but it worked for me to be able to not appear to have pierced ears, but to able to wear pierced ears the last 20 plus years. Probably a longer answer than you were looking for, but that’s how I roll.
- May 20, 2021 at 1:53 pm #494230
- May 20, 2021 at 5:06 am #494055Jessica CharmsLadyRegistered On: May 6, 2021Topics: 26Replies: 138Has thanked: 300 timesBeen thanked: 663 times
I’ve never worn earrings before, but I’d go with clip-ons for sure. I have seen a few earrings I liked and have a few I was given as bonus items, but they are for pierced ears. I can convert them sure, but still, I never liked the idea of pierced ears.
- May 20, 2021 at 4:14 am #494038MonaDuchessRegistered On: December 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 136Has thanked: 713 timesBeen thanked: 846 times
Just an FYI, you can purchase these little converters that allow you to turn more standard earrings into clip-ons. I use them and find that they work very well. Of course, your mileage may vary, but here is a link in case you want to check them out:
- June 23, 2021 at 7:08 pm #508842LadyRegistered On: December 12, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 346Has thanked: 2208 timesBeen thanked: 1879 times
Hi Mona! I can second that these do work, but the downside (on studs particularly) is that they’re below your ear. So that looks kinda funny, but for bigger, dangly earrings (which I like), it works pretty well.
*kisses* tara 🙂
- May 20, 2021 at 4:21 am #494039Carolyn KayBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 21Replies: 432Has thanked: 1763 timesBeen thanked: 2035 times
- May 19, 2021 at 3:15 pm #493866Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1556Has thanked: 30616 timesBeen thanked: 6403 times
Clip on for me. When I was about 8 or 9, one of my sisters friends got her ears pierced by an ‘expert’ in high school. She got infected and they ended up cutting most of her lobe off. Since then I have had no desire to have mine pierced.
With the modification adapters, you can make any pierced earrings into clip on which greatly expands your choices for them.
- May 19, 2021 at 3:19 pm #493869AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Agree there Paula had those mod then started getting piercings so many choices then. Then said to myself lets just get both pierced so did. Wanting to start getting more fem with little things between now and my end of journey come November to be a full woman.
Still wanting a belly ring too.
- May 19, 2021 at 8:31 am #493777Dawn JudsonAmbassadorRegistered On: November 26, 2017Topics: 15Replies: 195Has thanked: 471 timesBeen thanked: 924 times
Pierced my own left ear when I was in my late 20s. I let it heal up, but on our 20th anniversary, my wife and I got a pair of studs. I got my left ear pierced, professionally. She got a second hole in her left ear. We each wore one of the matching studs. A few years later, I decided I wanted the right ear pierced, too. Yeah, it raised some eyebrows. So what? I loved the way my studs allowed me to feel somewhat femme, even in guy mode. And as someone else said, in femme mode, a nice pair of dangling earrings or big hoops are “icing on the cake”. My wife decided to get a second hole in her right ear, a number of years ago. I always liked that look. How cute & feminine! So guess what I did, last summer. Yep, I got second holes in both ears & absolutely love it!
- May 19, 2021 at 3:08 pm #493863
- May 18, 2021 at 8:33 pm #493658Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 25Replies: 3907Has thanked: 55983 timesBeen thanked: 13816 times
Hi Donna i chose pierced as have been for over thirty years did one just to be cool ha ha and it pissed off a boss back in Fla.. so i did the other one when wife was not home to really piss him off and it worked so funny he couldnt do anything about it .. Just love the different earings you can get with pierced ears ..
- May 18, 2021 at 7:29 pm #493619Samantha MurphyLadyRegistered On: February 20, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 39Has thanked: 25 timesBeen thanked: 149 times
- May 18, 2021 at 7:36 pm #493623
- May 18, 2021 at 6:39 pm #493607Bobbi WattLadyRegistered On: February 17, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 27Has thanked: 234 timesBeen thanked: 162 times
I have pierced ears when I got them done I didn’t know I had to keep them in for a year all the time . I got a little crap but a lot less than I thought I would of got . I think it was one of the best things I ever did .
- May 18, 2021 at 3:36 pm #493563
- May 18, 2021 at 1:50 pm #493531Martina RaeRegistered On: April 9, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 24Has thanked: 111 timesBeen thanked: 131 times
I have both ears pierced. I have studs that I virtually never take out. I often put other earrings through with the studs. I like the way the studs work as an accent. I do have some clip on earrings that were my mother’s and I wear them occasionally. I’m a fan of both!
- May 18, 2021 at 1:03 pm #493513KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 738Has thanked: 3361 timesBeen thanked: 3639 times
Hi Donna, I wear clip-on earrings and have many, many of them. I would love to get my ears pierced but that would go over my wife’s boundaries. She does NOT have pierced ears and draws the line on anything that makes me more girly than her. She is already bothered that my hair is longer than hers, that I wear leggings (she doesn’t) and that I wear bras (she doesn’t). Thanks for the question. Have a lovely rest of the week, all the best. Hugs, Krista.
- May 18, 2021 at 2:43 pm #493543
- May 18, 2021 at 11:30 am #493493Caseymae NevertolateLadyRegistered On: September 3, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 5Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 36 times
I did mine last July while my wife was away at the shore with her sister. She didn’t even notice when she got back. In fact only 1 person I work with noticed. Wore studs for first few months, then graduated to hoops about the size of a quarter. I wear them in guy mode. And dangle ones en femme. Best thing I ever did.
- May 18, 2021 at 9:31 am #493470Kelli SometimesDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: April 28, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 10Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 30 times
I got mine pierced a couple years ago and wear them 24/7. So happy I did. Much better selection of pierced styles. And they don’t pinch after a few hours like the spring loaded ones. Also, now SO lets me wear her diamond studs sometimes. I wear small titanium hoops while in boy mode.
- May 18, 2021 at 9:17 am #493467Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 766Has thanked: 51876 timesBeen thanked: 1888 times
I prefer clip-on earrings. Also my wife would complain that pierced ears on me is too effeminate. I got my first two pairs in June 2020. They’re cuff style that curl under the ear lobe.
At the suggestion of a few CDH girls; a couple of weeks ago I finally got the courage to go into a Claire’s to see what clip-on earrings they had to offer. It’s what I was afraid of; as nearly all were “kiddy” and for little pre-teen girls. I did buy a triple pack of 1.5″ hoops with spring pressure back posts in silver, gold, and black. I’ve never wore this style of non-pierced earrings, I hope they will work out for me. If they do there was another multi pack of bigger more fancy hoops that I might go back and get.
- May 18, 2021 at 9:42 am #493475Carolyn KayBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 21Replies: 432Has thanked: 1763 timesBeen thanked: 2035 times
I have a pair of gold 1 inch spring hoops, they work well. You might want to look at Kohl’s, if there is one by you, I have found a couple pair of very nice clip on earrings there. You have to look hard, but they do have some.
- May 18, 2021 at 10:24 am #493484Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 766Has thanked: 51876 timesBeen thanked: 1888 times
Carolyn, thanks for the suggestion about Kohl’s; I’ll check one out the next time I’m out browsing for my girly side. I’m not fearful to ask SAs for assistance if I can’t find what I’m looking for, that’s what I did at Claire’s.
- May 18, 2021 at 7:59 am #493426Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 21Replies: 432Has thanked: 1763 timesBeen thanked: 2035 times
I wear clip on, and I must have well over 60 pairs of earrings. I would do love to get my ears pierced but my wife will not allow it, just another one of her rules. I hate when a pair of clip on earrings start to pinch and cause discomfort, no matter how I adjust them. Just one of the pains of being a woman, lol.
- May 18, 2021 at 7:07 am #493413KHeartLadyRegistered On: October 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 133Has thanked: 435 timesBeen thanked: 854 times
I will be getting mine pierced soon. I would have got them done at the beginning of the year but because of lockdown, it never really was an option for us. We have a family wedding coming up in the summer and so we’ve set a time for me to have them pierced after that event.
I wear clipons and magnetics for the time being, and my wife really likes silver studs in both my ears, so she’s happy too (although it can become a little painful wearing them for too long). It also got her to start looking at different options that she’d like too, and her own earring collection has started to grow in the last half a year too 😅
- May 18, 2021 at 7:01 am #493409Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 838Has thanked: 903 timesBeen thanked: 3761 times
- May 18, 2021 at 6:48 am #493405Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 51Replies: 1477Has thanked: 389 timesBeen thanked: 5431 times
- May 18, 2021 at 6:23 am #493394Kathryn Lynn PetersLadyRegistered On: October 10, 2016Topics: 5Replies: 116Has thanked: 683 timesBeen thanked: 539 times
Had my ears pierced before Christmas 2019… love it! Love danglers and wear gold balls or small hoops in guy mode. Wish I would have done it sooner!
- This reply was modified 1 year ago by Kathryn Lynn Peters.
- May 18, 2021 at 5:00 am #493353Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 58Replies: 1020Has thanked: 2390 timesBeen thanked: 4669 times
- May 18, 2021 at 3:20 am #493336MikalaRegistered On: April 11, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 74Has thanked: 433 timesBeen thanked: 289 times
I did have my ears pierced years ago when I was with my second wife who loved to role play.
Third wife did not so my dressing was private and ears healed.
Being single again and loving it.
I was wearing clip on ear rings but hated them so bought myself some proper hoops and some lovely gem studs and was actually quite surprised how easy they were to put back in.
So I will go with Pierced.
Only problem I have found I have forgotten a few times to take out my pink or purple gem studs before going to work.
Lucky for big mirrors on my truck.
- May 18, 2021 at 2:47 am #493329Roberta BroussardBaronessRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 325Has thanked: 4640 timesBeen thanked: 1513 times
I wear clip-ons but would love to have mine pierced. Its amazing how it lets me feel so complete when I put on some jewelry. Kind of like the icing on the cake.
I do keep toying with the idea of just doing it and getting them pierced. Oh how I would love it.
- May 18, 2021 at 7:27 am #493418AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I feel the same way about jewelry. I have a heavier neckless and when I wear it and hear it jingle it affirms my feelings of be feminine at the time. I just purchased some clip-on earrings and will be wearing a pair for my first time going out in public.
- May 18, 2021 at 2:35 am #493323Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 947Has thanked: 1463 timesBeen thanked: 3238 times
I would’ve voted both! There are some beautiful clip-ons that are just divine to wear and as I really enjoy earlier fashions those are what suits. I only own one pair that hurt to wear so they don’t get worn all that often. Pierced ears gives one a far greater selection but that is about all.
- May 18, 2021 at 2:18 am #493320AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
My ears have been pierced for close to 20 years. I always wanted my ears pierced but I was married and my wife wouldn’t allow it. Then one father’s day she said let’s go and get your ears pierced, that’s my father’s day gift to you. And in addition I got two extra pairs of earrings besides the original Gold Balls.
Kathleen xxxxx 💋♥
- May 18, 2021 at 1:36 am #493312
- May 18, 2021 at 1:23 am #493309DuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 892Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 2462 times
Has to be clip-on earrings as I don’t have enough range of motion in my elbows and shoulders to mount pierced earrings. Selection is not a problem as the majority of my collection is vintage jewelry. However, 2 pieces of advice:
- Get an adjustment tool so that the spring tension can be adjusted
- Get the silicone sleeves that go over the paddle
Doing at least one of those makes all the difference in the world. Most of mine can be worn all day…
- May 19, 2021 at 10:51 pm #493971DuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 892Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 2462 times
By the way, some have talked about not finding good clip on earrings. All in this photo are clip ons with the exception of the copper Comedy and Tragedy masks. They are screw backs. I would not have bought them, but they were part of a set by Francisco Rebajes.
- May 18, 2021 at 6:53 am #493407Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 51Replies: 1477Has thanked: 389 timesBeen thanked: 5431 times
- May 19, 2021 at 9:13 pm #493947DuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 892Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 2462 times
No, I’ve tried. I can’t tug on the earlobe to stretch the hole a bit with one hand and insert the earring with the other. If you miss you poke yourself in the ear…
- July 7, 2021 at 4:33 pm #514629DuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 892Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 2462 times
One additional point about this is that I collect, and wear, vintage copper jewelry (earrings, necklaces, rings, bracelets and wrist cuffs). Most of the pieces are from the late 40’s and probably just into the 70’s. I only have a few more contemporary copper pieces.
However, for earrings it seems that this was prime time for clip-on earrings. Roughly at the beginning of this time frame was the shift from screw backs to clips and then at the end was the shift from clips to pierced…
1 user thanked author for this post.
- May 17, 2021 at 11:41 pm #493297
- May 17, 2021 at 11:12 pm #493292Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 121Replies: 1086Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 4332 times
Clip ons.. Like others have stated, “questions would be asked in the house” if I had piercde ears and wore the earrings to match.
The only problem I have had with clip ons is at least here in Oz, there are very few high quality clip ons available. Mostly low end… with poor quality to match..
- May 17, 2021 at 10:38 pm #493287karley delawareBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 23, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 442Has thanked: 2399 timesBeen thanked: 1387 times
- January 13, 2022 at 3:20 am #611159AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Escaping the attention of suspicious SO’s: sights/smells
Do you remember this lyric?
“My nose went up like an infield fly.”
- May 17, 2021 at 10:11 pm #493278Simone CLadyRegistered On: January 23, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 182Has thanked: 73 timesBeen thanked: 743 times
- May 17, 2021 at 9:22 pm #493269
- May 17, 2021 at 9:04 pm #493262AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- May 18, 2021 at 2:31 am #493322AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- May 18, 2021 at 5:43 am #493371AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I sometimes wear studs, but I’ve been favoring a pair which are tiny hoops, only with hinges which clamp together. They resemble my wedding ring, but smaller. When in girl mode, it’s mostly hoops.
4 users thanked author for this post.
- May 18, 2021 at 6:38 am #493400AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
lol Bettylou was about to add that in about dangles or hoops or studs. Depending on the event if a going out to dinner or something will wear dangles or hoops casual times out most times studs.
- May 18, 2021 at 8:32 am #493441AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- May 18, 2021 at 2:44 pm #493544AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
May have to dust them off soon BettyLou. And freshen those dresses.
- May 17, 2021 at 8:52 pm #493259
- June 24, 2021 at 9:11 am #508976AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Oh, my! That’s unusually long for any small wound to heal. I would have to guess infection of some kind. “Stuff” happens.
2 users thanked author for this post.
- May 20, 2021 at 2:43 pm #494253AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
LOL steph draw the line on piercings for nose or tongue though
1 user thanked author for this post.
- May 20, 2021 at 7:02 am #494109
- May 20, 2021 at 5:19 am #494063Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 21Replies: 432Has thanked: 1763 timesBeen thanked: 2035 times
- May 17, 2021 at 10:30 pm #493284Jenn (Jennifer) ScarletLadyRegistered On: May 2, 2021Topics: 9Replies: 106Has thanked: 929 timesBeen thanked: 607 times
I’ve had one ear pierced for about thirty years now. It’s well past time I get the other one done to match!
I used one of those home piercing kits recently. The actual piercing process was fine and relatively painless; I just didn’t leave the sleeper in long enough.
- May 17, 2021 at 9:02 pm #493261
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.