- Clip on
- May 17, 2021 at 8:37 pm #493248DonnaParticipantRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7260 timesBeen thanked: 3943 times
When wearing earrings do you wear clipon or are your ears pierced.
Total of 30 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- June 3, 2021 at 12:43 pm #500135Quinetta HarrisLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 26Has thanked: 55 timesBeen thanked: 80 times
Usually clip-on but I’ve had a lot of success with the newer magnetic ones that appear just like pierced studs! So many choices!
Laurie gurl, you gotta let us know where you found magnetic earrings? For me I am a clip on only gurl. I want to keep my earrings on when being passionate with someone and during the throws of ecstasy my lover might pull on my ears or earrings ;).
- May 24, 2021 at 5:04 pm #495997Rayna CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 217Has thanked: 364 timesBeen thanked: 657 times
- May 24, 2021 at 9:58 pm #496103Coral WentworthDuchessRegistered On: July 12, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 62Has thanked: 120 timesBeen thanked: 216 times
- May 25, 2021 at 10:53 am #496309
- May 24, 2021 at 5:08 pm #495998DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7260 timesBeen thanked: 3943 times
- May 25, 2021 at 10:55 am #496310
- May 21, 2021 at 1:31 pm #494672Laurie TidenowLadyRegistered On: May 14, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 2Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 6 times
- May 21, 2021 at 4:36 am #494467Sandy CraigLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 276Has thanked: 221 timesBeen thanked: 642 times
Clip on for me. I don’t feel the need to have pierced ears as 95% of my life is the male side.
I found good fitting and holding clip on which I attach nice quality earing to. With your hair always partially covering my ear you do not see this detail but the actual earing shows.
- May 20, 2021 at 4:38 pm #494287Silvina DelpemLadyRegistered On: April 29, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 5Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 12 times
Ever since I was a kid, I dreamed of dressing like a woman and I thought the only thing I couldn’t use was earrings with holes. That’s what I defined for myself at the time as “being a woman.” They had holes and we didn’t. It was my object of desire for 40 years… My wife had no problem punching my ears and using them, but I was embarrassed and only wearing them in my house. For two years I have been happier and use in both ears all day, on the street, work, etc…
Desde chico soñaba con vestirme de mujer y pensaba que lo unico que no podria usar eran earrings con agujeros. Eso definia para mí en ese momento “ser mujer”. Ellas tenian agujeros y nosotros no. Fue mi objeto de deseo por 50 años… Mi esposa no tuvo inconveniente que me perfore las orejas y los use pero me daba verguenza y solo los usaba en mi casa. Desde hace dos años soy màs feliz y uso en ambas orejas todo el día, en la calle, trabajo, etc…
- May 20, 2021 at 2:33 pm #494244Millicent TeasedaleDuchessRegistered On: August 24, 2015Topics: 13Replies: 195Has thanked: 46 timesBeen thanked: 387 times
Just clip ons so far. Have thought off and on about getting my ears pierced, but, as much as anything, I don’t want to deal with the healing period. I’ve heard everything from 6 weeks to 6 months or longer, depending on the source. Not sure how well I’d deal with that, or an infection, should I be unlucky.
That’s a pretty dumb reason not to have them pierced, but it’s just where I am on the subject.
Take care all,
- May 20, 2021 at 11:13 am #494186Rhonda HamelLadyRegistered On: February 20, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 5Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 25 times
Pierced for sure. Look around. Many men have both ears pierced these days. I recently saw an old geezer (like me) who looked like he just got off a Greek fishing boat (in other words, definitely not some young sissy) wearing diamond studs in both ears. If he can do it so can you. I like pushing the envelope in boy mode so I wear my favorite rose gold opal studs daily.
- May 20, 2021 at 5:46 am #494078Lisa WilsonLadyRegistered On: March 8, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 21Has thanked: 113 timesBeen thanked: 111 times
I pierced mine myself about 25 years ago. I’ve been wearing pierced earrings since, but only in girl mode. I have very tiny holes in my lobes and no one has ever asked me if my ears were pierced, at least the last 20 years. At first they were more sensitive, and a couple times early on when someone would ask what happened to your ear, I’d say it was from a pimple.
If I go a long time without wearing them, they will close up, but it’s super easy for me to find the holes. If haven’t worn them in a while, I will always put some clear Neosporin on the earring before putting in my ear. I actually did that the very first time I pierced them, and most of the times the first few years to try to prevent any infection (it has worked for me). I always dab a little on the holes after done wearing them even now as a precaution and to help hide the tiny hole for a couple hours till it’s not noticeable.
So not saying I would recommend this to others, but it worked for me to be able to not appear to have pierced ears, but to able to wear pierced ears the last 20 plus years. Probably a longer answer than you were looking for, but that’s how I roll.
- May 20, 2021 at 1:53 pm #494230
- May 20, 2021 at 5:06 am #494055Jessica CharmsLadyRegistered On: May 6, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 26Has thanked: 80 timesBeen thanked: 168 times
I’ve never worn earrings before, but I’d go with clip-ons for sure. I have seen a few earrings I liked and have a few I was given as bonus items, but they are for pierced ears. I can convert them sure, but still, I never liked the idea of pierced ears.
- May 20, 2021 at 4:14 am #494038MonaDuchessRegistered On: December 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 120Has thanked: 561 timesBeen thanked: 703 times
Just an FYI, you can purchase these little converters that allow you to turn more standard earrings into clip-ons. I use them and find that they work very well. Of course, your mileage may vary, but here is a link in case you want to check them out:
- May 20, 2021 at 4:21 am #494039Carolyn KayLadyRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 19Replies: 276Has thanked: 1287 timesBeen thanked: 1330 times
- May 20, 2021 at 4:46 am #494046GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 30Replies: 1343Has thanked: 11453 timesBeen thanked: 5540 times
- May 20, 2021 at 5:19 am #494063Carolyn KayLadyRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 19Replies: 276Has thanked: 1287 timesBeen thanked: 1330 times
- May 20, 2021 at 6:29 am #494098
- May 20, 2021 at 7:02 am #494109
- May 20, 2021 at 7:26 am #494111GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 30Replies: 1343Has thanked: 11453 timesBeen thanked: 5540 times
- May 20, 2021 at 2:13 am #494002stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 157Replies: 2114Has thanked: 3378 timesBeen thanked: 9973 times
- May 20, 2021 at 2:43 pm #494253
- May 19, 2021 at 3:15 pm #493866Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1205Has thanked: 17595 timesBeen thanked: 4756 times
Clip on for me. When I was about 8 or 9, one of my sisters friends got her ears pierced by an ‘expert’ in high school. She got infected and they ended up cutting most of her lobe off. Since then I have had no desire to have mine pierced.
With the modification adapters, you can make any pierced earrings into clip on which greatly expands your choices for them.
- May 19, 2021 at 3:19 pm #493869DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7260 timesBeen thanked: 3943 times
Agree there Paula had those mod then started getting piercings so many choices then. Then said to myself lets just get both pierced so did. Wanting to start getting more fem with little things between now and my end of journey come November to be a full woman.
Still wanting a belly ring too.
- May 19, 2021 at 8:31 am #493777Dawn JudsonChat HostessRegistered On: November 26, 2017Topics: 9Replies: 55Has thanked: 150 timesBeen thanked: 279 times
Pierced my own left ear when I was in my late 20s. I let it heal up, but on our 20th anniversary, my wife and I got a pair of studs. I got my left ear pierced, professionally. She got a second hole in her left ear. We each wore one of the matching studs. A few years later, I decided I wanted the right ear pierced, too. Yeah, it raised some eyebrows. So what? I loved the way my studs allowed me to feel somewhat femme, even in guy mode. And as someone else said, in femme mode, a nice pair of dangling earrings or big hoops are “icing on the cake”. My wife decided to get a second hole in her right ear, a number of years ago. I always liked that look. How cute & feminine! So guess what I did, last summer. Yep, I got second holes in both ears & absolutely love it!
- May 19, 2021 at 3:08 pm #493863
- May 18, 2021 at 8:33 pm #493658Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 1779Has thanked: 20801 timesBeen thanked: 5911 times
Hi Donna i chose pierced as have been for over thirty years did one just to be cool ha ha and it pissed off a boss back in Fla.. so i did the other one when wife was not home to really piss him off and it worked so funny he couldnt do anything about it .. Just love the different earings you can get with pierced ears ..
- May 18, 2021 at 7:29 pm #493619Samantha MurphyLadyRegistered On: February 20, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 41Has thanked: 19 timesBeen thanked: 148 times
- May 18, 2021 at 7:36 pm #493623
- May 18, 2021 at 6:39 pm #493607Bobbi WattLadyRegistered On: February 17, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 22Has thanked: 199 timesBeen thanked: 143 times
I have pierced ears when I got them done I didn’t know I had to keep them in for a year all the time . I got a little crap but a lot less than I thought I would of got . I think it was one of the best things I ever did .
- May 18, 2021 at 3:36 pm #493563
- May 18, 2021 at 1:50 pm #493531Martina RaeBaronessRegistered On: April 9, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 24Has thanked: 111 timesBeen thanked: 135 times
I have both ears pierced. I have studs that I virtually never take out. I often put other earrings through with the studs. I like the way the studs work as an accent. I do have some clip on earrings that were my mother’s and I wear them occasionally. I’m a fan of both!
- May 18, 2021 at 1:03 pm #493513KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 9Replies: 613Has thanked: 1798 timesBeen thanked: 2825 times
Hi Donna, I wear clip-on earrings and have many, many of them. I would love to get my ears pierced but that would go over my wife’s boundaries. She does NOT have pierced ears and draws the line on anything that makes me more girly than her. She is already bothered that my hair is longer than hers, that I wear leggings (she doesn’t) and that I wear bras (she doesn’t). Thanks for the question. Have a lovely rest of the week, all the best. Hugs, Krista.
- May 18, 2021 at 2:43 pm #493543
- May 18, 2021 at 11:30 am #493493Caseymae NevertolateLadyRegistered On: September 3, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 2Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 11 times
I did mine last July while my wife was away at the shore with her sister. She didn’t even notice when she got back. In fact only 1 person I work with noticed. Wore studs for first few months, then graduated to hoops about the size of a quarter. I wear them in guy mode. And dangle ones en femme. Best thing I ever did.
- May 18, 2021 at 9:31 am #493470Kelli SometimesDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: April 28, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 2Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 9 times
I got mine pierced a couple years ago and wear them 24/7. So happy I did. Much better selection of pierced styles. And they don’t pinch after a few hours like the spring loaded ones. Also, now SO lets me wear her diamond studs sometimes. I wear small titanium hoops while in boy mode.
- May 18, 2021 at 9:17 am #493467Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 701Has thanked: 44230 timesBeen thanked: 1512 times
I prefer clip-on earrings. Also my wife would complain that pierced ears on me is too effeminate. I got my first two pairs in June 2020. They’re cuff style that curl under the ear lobe.
At the suggestion of a few CDH girls; a couple of weeks ago I finally got the courage to go into a Claire’s to see what clip-on earrings they had to offer. It’s what I was afraid of; as nearly all were “kiddy” and for little pre-teen girls. I did buy a triple pack of 1.5″ hoops with spring pressure back posts in silver, gold, and black. I’ve never wore this style of non-pierced earrings, I hope they will work out for me. If they do there was another multi pack of bigger more fancy hoops that I might go back and get.
- May 18, 2021 at 9:42 am #493475LadyRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 19Replies: 276Has thanked: 1287 timesBeen thanked: 1330 times
I have a pair of gold 1 inch spring hoops, they work well. You might want to look at Kohl’s, if there is one by you, I have found a couple pair of very nice clip on earrings there. You have to look hard, but they do have some.
- May 18, 2021 at 10:24 am #493484Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 701Has thanked: 44230 timesBeen thanked: 1512 times
Carolyn, thanks for the suggestion about Kohl’s; I’ll check one out the next time I’m out browsing for my girly side. I’m not fearful to ask SAs for assistance if I can’t find what I’m looking for, that’s what I did at Claire’s.
- May 18, 2021 at 7:59 am #493426LadyRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 19Replies: 276Has thanked: 1287 timesBeen thanked: 1330 times
I wear clip on, and I must have well over 60 pairs of earrings. I would do love to get my ears pierced but my wife will not allow it, just another one of her rules. I hate when a pair of clip on earrings start to pinch and cause discomfort, no matter how I adjust them. Just one of the pains of being a woman, lol.
- May 18, 2021 at 7:07 am #493413KHeartLadyRegistered On: October 1, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 122Has thanked: 351 timesBeen thanked: 698 times
I will be getting mine pierced soon. I would have got them done at the beginning of the year but because of lockdown, it never really was an option for us. We have a family wedding coming up in the summer and so we’ve set a time for me to have them pierced after that event.
I wear clipons and magnetics for the time being, and my wife really likes silver studs in both my ears, so she’s happy too (although it can become a little painful wearing them for too long). It also got her to start looking at different options that she’d like too, and her own earring collection has started to grow in the last half a year too 😅
- May 18, 2021 at 7:01 am #493409Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 499Has thanked: 420 timesBeen thanked: 2145 times
clip on only. Not sure if my wife would be ok with me getting my ears pierced.
I used to love dangly type earrings, but I’ve switched to studs, as the studs don’t get tangled up in the wigs.
- May 18, 2021 at 6:48 am #493405Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 40Replies: 1029Has thanked: 304 timesBeen thanked: 3461 times
- May 18, 2021 at 6:23 am #493394Kathryn Lynn PetersLadyRegistered On: October 10, 2016Topics: 5Replies: 101Has thanked: 568 timesBeen thanked: 433 times
Had my ears pierced before Christmas 2019… love it! Love danglers and wear gold balls or small hoops in guy mode. Wish I would have done it sooner!
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Kathryn Lynn Peters.
- May 18, 2021 at 5:00 am #493353Sandy JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 23Replies: 531Has thanked: 1082 timesBeen thanked: 2436 times
- May 18, 2021 at 3:20 am #493336MikalaRegistered On: April 11, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 77Has thanked: 433 timesBeen thanked: 295 times
I did have my ears pierced years ago when I was with my second wife who loved to role play.
Third wife did not so my dressing was private and ears healed.
Being single again and loving it.
I was wearing clip on ear rings but hated them so bought myself some proper hoops and some lovely gem studs and was actually quite surprised how easy they were to put back in.
So I will go with Pierced.
Only problem I have found I have forgotten a few times to take out my pink or purple gem studs before going to work.
Lucky for big mirrors on my truck.
- May 18, 2021 at 2:47 am #493329Roberta BroussardBaronessRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 106Has thanked: 1408 timesBeen thanked: 470 times
I wear clip-ons but would love to have mine pierced. Its amazing how it lets me feel so complete when I put on some jewelry. Kind of like the icing on the cake.
I do keep toying with the idea of just doing it and getting them pierced. Oh how I would love it.
- May 18, 2021 at 7:27 am #493418Tiffany SmithLadyRegistered On: May 3, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 34Has thanked: 182 timesBeen thanked: 177 times
I feel the same way about jewelry. I have a heavier neckless and when I wear it and hear it jingle it affirms my feelings of be feminine at the time. I just purchased some clip-on earrings and will be wearing a pair for my first time going out in public.
- May 18, 2021 at 2:35 am #493323Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 957Has thanked: 1361 timesBeen thanked: 3309 times
I would’ve voted both! There are some beautiful clip-ons that are just divine to wear and as I really enjoy earlier fashions those are what suits. I only own one pair that hurt to wear so they don’t get worn all that often. Pierced ears gives one a far greater selection but that is about all.
- May 18, 2021 at 2:18 am #493320Kathleen 60454LadyRegistered On: January 8, 2020Topics: 65Replies: 551Has thanked: 2375 timesBeen thanked: 2291 times
My ears have been pierced for close to 20 years. I always wanted my ears pierced but I was married and my wife wouldn’t allow it. Then one father’s day she said let’s go and get your ears pierced, that’s my father’s day gift to you. And in addition I got two extra pairs of earrings besides the original Gold Balls.
Kathleen xxxxx 💋♥
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Kathleen 60454.
- May 18, 2021 at 1:36 am #493312
- May 18, 2021 at 1:23 am #493309DeeAnn HopingsDuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 799Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 2184 times
Has to be clip-on earrings as I don’t have enough range of motion in my elbows and shoulders to mount pierced earrings. Selection is not a problem as the majority of my collection is vintage jewelry. However, 2 pieces of advice:
- Get an adjustment tool so that the spring tension can be adjusted
- Get the silicone sleeves that go over the paddle
Doing at least one of those makes all the difference in the world. Most of mine can be worn all day…
- May 19, 2021 at 10:51 pm #493971DeeAnn HopingsDuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 799Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 2184 times
By the way, some have talked about not finding good clip on earrings. All in this photo are clip ons with the exception of the copper Comedy and Tragedy masks. They are screw backs. I would not have bought them, but they were part of a set by Francisco Rebajes.
- May 18, 2021 at 6:53 am #493407Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 40Replies: 1029Has thanked: 304 timesBeen thanked: 3461 times
- May 17, 2021 at 11:41 pm #493297Samantha JoLadyRegistered On: April 3, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 56Has thanked: 167 timesBeen thanked: 282 times
- May 17, 2021 at 11:12 pm #493292Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 88Replies: 855Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 2975 times
Clip ons.. Like others have stated, “questions would be asked in the house” if I had piercde ears and wore the earrings to match.
The only problem I have had with clip ons is at least here in Oz, there are very few high quality clip ons available. Mostly low end… with poor quality to match..
- May 17, 2021 at 10:38 pm #493287karley delawareBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 23, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 439Has thanked: 2079 timesBeen thanked: 1289 times
- May 17, 2021 at 10:11 pm #493278Simone CLadyRegistered On: January 23, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 186Has thanked: 72 timesBeen thanked: 739 times
- May 17, 2021 at 9:22 pm #493269Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 206Has thanked: 374 timesBeen thanked: 877 times
- May 17, 2021 at 9:04 pm #493262Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 21Replies: 2217Has thanked: 4563 timesBeen thanked: 8151 times
- May 18, 2021 at 2:31 am #493322Kathleen 60454LadyRegistered On: January 8, 2020Topics: 65Replies: 551Has thanked: 2375 timesBeen thanked: 2291 times
- May 18, 2021 at 5:43 am #493371Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 21Replies: 2217Has thanked: 4563 timesBeen thanked: 8151 times
- May 18, 2021 at 6:38 am #493400LadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7260 timesBeen thanked: 3943 times
- May 18, 2021 at 8:32 am #493441Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 21Replies: 2217Has thanked: 4563 timesBeen thanked: 8151 times
- May 18, 2021 at 2:44 pm #493544
- May 17, 2021 at 8:52 pm #493259Jennifer SwansonDuchessRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 53Replies: 196Has thanked: 4333 timesBeen thanked: 1354 times
- May 17, 2021 at 8:47 pm #493255LadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 30Replies: 1343Has thanked: 11453 timesBeen thanked: 5540 times
- May 17, 2021 at 9:02 pm #493261LadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7260 timesBeen thanked: 3943 times
- May 17, 2021 at 10:30 pm #493284Jen ScarletLadyRegistered On: May 2, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 61Has thanked: 521 timesBeen thanked: 381 times
I’ve had one ear pierced for about thirty years now. It’s well past time I get the other one done to match!
I used one of those home piercing kits recently. The actual piercing process was fine and relatively painless; I just didn’t leave the sleeper in long enough.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.