Viewing 17 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Curious, how many of us have decided to pierce their ears or more inclined to wear clip on earings instead.  Had an earring in my early 20’s and liked it a lot. But not sure I could get away with pierced ears now.  Are clip-on earrings comfortable?

Becka
      Lady

Hi Michelle,

Funny you should ask!  Been thinking about ear rings, and was in an antique store yesterday (with my SO), and they had a ton of costume jewelry, including a lot of clip on ear rings.  I’ll be going back to pick some up, as I really want to start wearing them, at least around the house when I’m alone.  I may venture out in them at some point.

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

Cool Rebekka, I will have to check out the antique stores in town.  And wow, Gail, that is awesome, like an instant jewelry box.  Thanks about how they feel on as well.  Been wondering.

Gail Rich
      Lady

I do not have pierced ears. My wife only got her ears pierced about 7 or 8 years ago. She has all of her old clip on earrings in a jewelry case that she never uses, so I do. I find they hurt when I put them on, but after wearing them for a while, I forget all about it. Then at the end of the day, if I have really been wearing them for a long time, I become aware of them again and take them off.

Hi Michelle. Funny…..I am going thru this same thing. I got some clip on devices from China as all my earrings require pierced ears. The clip on ones kind of pinch my lobes….but them my ears are bigger than average females. I could not get my ears pierced anywhere up here so ordered a kit from Amazon and am going to pierce them myself. I read how to do it on a Kindle book….boy…that is enough to scare anyone off!! Cleaning, pain management. infection and whatnot!

Veronica

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

Wow, Veronica, reading a how to pierce one’s own ears would scare me off.  I wish you much success, my sister.  Thanks ladies, Jasmine, wondered how they should feel on the ears, Tammie, did not even know conversion kits existed, Diane, cool never would have thought of that. Sandy, I don’t think I have ever been in a Claire’s, thanks. Jean and Naomi, that’s cool, not sure if I could pull off one whole in each ear let alone multiples. Edie, good to know about the soft rubber on the clip-ons, I have sensitive ears so I know the more comfortable they are the more likely I would wear them.

I really appreciate everyone’s responses, thanks to all of you my amazing sisters!

Anonymous

I had mine pierced 3 weeks ago. There is really no pain to speak of, I’ve had worse bug bites.  I have been spritzing them with peroxide several times a day and no problem so far. I wanted to do them most of my life but as Edie said, it was a no go back then and always chickened out.  I found a jewelry store that did it for $45 and took the dive.  3 more weeks till I can wear my small collection I have started so far. All my best. Mikayla

Anonymous

It may depend on how big your lobes are.  As I have a decent amount of lobe I find clip on earrings are fine, they grip a thinner softer part of my lobe.   They also vary in how much they grip but it can be possible to adjust the tension (google it: there are guides for all the different sorts of clip on).  Ideally they should feel tight to begin with but after 10 mins you will have forgotten you are wearing them.

I use clip on, but i have some pierced long dangling loops earrings I got a conversion set that converts them to clip-ons.

Anonymous

I don’t have pierced ears, so I thought that I would always be limited to clip-ons.  A converter set sounds like a good idea, but this morning I saw a YouTube video  entitled ‘Wear any earring without pierced ears?’.  Basically, you attach a sticking plaster to the ear lobe and push the earring through it instead of the ear lobe.  If it works it would be an extremely cheap and quick option.  I will give it a try.

I use clip-on earrings. Started with the cheap ones at Claire’s. Not a lot of selection so then I used the clip portion and buy whatever conventional earring I like and put these on the clip-on section=unlimited selection-or close to unlimited.

Sandy

Jean C
      Lady

Pierced for me hated clipons, have two piercings in each ear and wear different coloured diamonty studs in all piercing all the time.

pierced for me. i have 3 in each lobe and hoping to get a 4th in each added soon

Edie Majeski
      Baroness

When I was younger I wanted to get my ears pierced, but back in those days anybody with pierced ears was labeled as gay. Now that I’m 65, I can live without pierced ears, thus I use clips. When I do buy clip earrings, I look for the ones with the soft rubber. These are much more comfortable to wear.  A little tip: you can glue a piece of soft rubber on the clip earrings that don’t have the rubber.

I just found out about a product that converts regular earrings to clip-ons. Check these babies out:

BronaGrand 12pcs Clip-on Earring Components for Non-Pierced Ears,Gold and Silver,14x16x5mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0791CB77K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_oODOBb0FGJ9F6

The only rub is that the way the little hole is aligned earrings like hoops will be off by 90 degrees. Per some of the reviewer’s advice I ordered some “jump rings” as well. They have earring converters that face the correct direction, but I wanted the jump rings to fix a necklace I have.

Anyways, it’s a neat way to wear more earrings if you don’t want to get pierced.

Victoria

Anonymous

I wear clip-on earrings and have no problems with them.  They’re comfortable.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I use clip ons, cos I cant have pierced. “Questions would be asked in the house”

even good clip ons can hurt your ears, so I cover the backing clips with double sided tape.

A good “cushion” and I can then wear them for hours

Caty

I find clip ons leave distinctive marks which can last for hours after removing if they were on for a fair time , may as well just get your ears pierced and just tell every one your alternative , quite normal these days anyway cheers Naomi d

Terri Anne
      Ambassador

Glad I found this thread. I have been wearing clip-ons. They hurt like hell, leave a mark… just like everyone has said. Sad that I never found my mother’s after she was gone, oh well.

I will be using the tips I have learned here to help with my clip ons..

Thank you all,

-Terri Anne

Only when I’m dolled up do I like jewelry. When I’m in drab I can’t stand having anything attached to my body. BUT, now I’m wondering if I should get my ears pierced. I don’t really care if anyone approves. If they don’t approve I’ll start telling them what I don’t like about them. That usually ends any criticism. Hahaha.

I have a big makeover coming up, and I have my clipons ready. I wish it didn’t take weeks to heal enough to wear anything other than a stud.

Victoria

michelee
      Lady

Wore clip-ons until I bit the bullet and had both ears pierced at 65 years old.  I’d really wanted them years ago but was afraid of the reaction I’d get from family and friends.  LOL, my family and friends are now buying me earrings for my birthday and Christmas.  Who woulda thunk it!!!

I have been wondering about this. I haven’t started wearing either but held my wife’s up to my ear and seen how pretty they are and want a pair for myself. I guess I still have some of those old thought in my head I have to defeat on getting mine pierced.

🤗😘

Jessica

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Awesome, Jane!  I am still debating it and am working on not allowing the fear to hold me back.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?