Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Where do you buy clothes online that suits transgender? Most important to know width of shoulders and clothes that look good on you. Both transgender stores but also ordinary ones.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

you might look thru the forums for past discussions on this as well as forms.

its talked about quit often.

Minou,

As I mentioned in another your posts, I describe myself as a plus plus girl. I am over 6 feet tall, and weight 300 pounds. Even when I achieve my goal weight (between 225 and 240), I will be a plus plus girl. That being said, I have had great success with clothes from Lane Bryant and Torrid (both online and in store).  For less expensive options, I have used the online retailer, Woman Within. I do not buy clothes that are specifically for transgender or crossdressers.  I do, however, look for clothes that are flattering to my figure.  The sales associates at the aforementioned stores have also been a great help in selecting the right size and style for me including bras.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Thrift/charity, resale stores are great places to find things cheaply. Best thing is to get a flexible tape measure and measure yourself and then look at sizing charts. Also it is getting cheaper to buy custom tailored clothes from places like eShakti. I have not tried eShakti yet, but I am curious.

– Robyn

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I find that due to the difference in size of my chest to my hips, I need to buy separate tops/bottoms.

I find a lot at Kohl’s and on Amazon that I like.

I have also bought some great stuff on sale at Macy’s and JC Penny.

A lot of girls starting out have found great stuff for GREAT prices at vintage or thrift stores.

Take your time, try things on… don’t be rushed…relax…

xoxo

Rayna

People mention Lane Bryant and Torrid often, and with good reason. Both are trans/CD friendly at the corporate level, and it translates into their sales staff. They’re very helpful, give good service, abs have no trouble helping you find your perfect fit. Only a few weeks ago I went and got abra fitting at Torrid, and it was a great experience.

You can measure yourself, and drive sizes from online retail also, but you won’t know for sure until you try it on. Amazon is awesome with returns for any reason, including fit (I returned my first forms to them because they looked stupid on my, no problem), and they’ll often have useful sizing guides. But here’s the thing: men’s sizing is usually reliable since it’s just simple measures of waist or chest or inseam or neck. Womens send to try to take all that into just a single number, and this there’s a works of difference between company a and company b, and also between made now and made 25 years ago. This trying on things becomes more needed.

Hope this helps more than confuses…

Bridgette

Anonymous

St vincent’s , Goodwill, and rummage sales. Cheap if it don’t fit right. Stretched so more comfortable.

Anonymous

many of the sponsors from CDH if go to their stores they sell many clothes for CD and transgender.

Same for online places like Amazon Ebay among many others.  But do need your measurements.

Thanks a lot, so sweet of you. These are my measurements.

Shoulders: 16′
        waist: 33.5′ (but I will loose some weight and be 31′)
        hips: 37.5′ (without padding)
        breast: 35.5′ (without breast forms)

My biggest concern is my shoulders…women clothing with wider shoulders also
        have wider waist and hips. Hips and waist tends to be too wide. I guess I could
        wear som padding for hips, which would make shoulders look less wide I guess,
        and would be good, but waist might be the issue then. And a lot of clothes only
        have smaller measurements. Curve/plus sizes don’t match either, they are often
        too big for me and I tend to think that they look…not that chic, not my taste.
        One some clothes the shoulder area are more flexible in size…I don’t mean stretch,
        but the figure of the garment. But it’s hard to identify those, I think.

You’re right about shoulders being a problem. Your numbers say you’ve got a far better figure than I, but we both have a shoulder dilemma in common. One thing you can try this time of year is to go sleeveless, thus shouldering aside that problem until fall, by which time you will have gotten to know your sizing a bit better.

Based on your measurements, I’d guess you’re likely a size 14 or 16 jeans/bottoms, and your bust should give you size 8 top, but due to shoulders it’s probably up a size? It’s really hard to say, and what you’ve got to do is try stuff on. If you really want to stay with on line, Amazon is still the best bet, because you can try it on at home and keep it or and it back easily. As far as what suits you, well only you can say that, hon.

I hope this is more like what you were hoping for?

Bridgette

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?